diy solar

diy solar

The Newest Specification Sheets of EVE Cells

Amy Wan

EVE has updated their specification sheets in July, the new version ones are more detailed, adding more information, such as the information about clamp.

I sent them in the attachment, hope it is helpful for you.

Attachments

• PBRC- LF304-S01-LF-《LF304电芯产品规格书》-C版 7.12.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 265
  • RD- LF105-S01-LF-《LF105电芯产品规格书》 -C版 7.1.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 107
  • PBRC- LF230-S01-LF-《LF230电芯产品规格书》-C版 7.4 (2).pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 93
  • RD-EVE LF280K-S04-LF-《LF280K电芯产品规格书》-A版(中英文版)7.4 (2).pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 299
Thanks Amy! There's a lot more information in this version than I've seen before. This is the first time I've seen an EVE spec sheet that has an image of a clamping fixture. They also confirm that the fixture should be put in place when the state of charge is 30% to 40%.

Thanks Amy! There's a lot more information in this version than I've seen before. This is the first time I've seen an EVE spec sheet that has an image of a clamping fixture. They also confirm that the fixture should be put in place when the state of charge is 30% to 40%.
Yes .... lots of new information about compression and charging recommendations ..... could start a whole new round of discussions about the best way to do things.

I have an invoice for 64 EVE cells.
I see now a declaration on Docan's site that the LF280K capacity spec for the cells they sell is 260-280Ah:
"The capacity of 280K produced in 2022 is 260-280Ah"
I see EVE factory specs as 280Ah as the minimum capacity.
I see a number of happy customers reporting 280+ in testing what they receive.
I'd be disappointed to see a large delivery of less than 280Ah cells arriving at my door.
Is anybody getting these cells from the most reputable distributors at less than factory spec capacities?

I see now a declaration on Docan's site that the LF280K capacity spec for the cells they sell is 260-280Ah:
I'd be disappointed to see a large delivery of less than 280Ah cells arriving at my door.
Is anybody getting these cells from the most reputable distributors at less than factory spec capacities?

Let's keep the thread discussion confined to the published spec sheets.

Wow.. that is really interesting.. especially the "fixture" and specifications for it.

Also note that it states permanent damage to cell if temperature of the cell exceeds 65C which I would think might happen in some places if people are using them in vehicles.

Interesting bit was also that initial 300kg clamping force can increase to 5000kg! during operation when cells attempt to bloat.

It states
Applying 300kgf±20kgf pre-pressure 0.5C Capacity retention rate≥80%

Or

follow the cycling method provided by EVE

I take this to mean a fixture is not required if you follow their cycling method. But their tests are performed with the cell in a fixture.

It states
Applying 300kgf±20kgf pre-pressure 0.5C Capacity retention rate≥80%

Or

follow the cycling method provided by EVE

I take this to mean a fixture is not required if you follow their cycling method. But their tests are performed with the cell in a fixture.
They dropped mention of cells outside fixtures in their datasheet years ago. Fixture is required for their cycling method.

EVE has updated their specification sheets in July, the new version ones are more detailed, adding more information, such as the information about clamp.

I sent them in the attachment, hope it is helpful for you.
thsnk you amy

My pleasure:)

I am happy the new one is helpful for you

About that, if you want to discuss more, you could send me the private chat

Good info thank you. Looks like I designed my fixture just about to spec without even realizing it.

Glad I went compression with springs, even with 640lbs on a single stack they still expand. I can’t imagine what kind of pressures these cells build when installed in a ridged fixture with no give.

Glad I went compression with springs, even with 640lbs on a single stack they still expand. I can’t imagine what kind of pressures these cells build when installed in a ridged fixture with no give.
Knowing these are EV cells...
...and understanding they are made this way with a thin walled container to minimize volume required for a specific capacity
...and knowing that expansion management must be integral to EV design
...I wonder if it is a rigid containment with the presumed force or something with some spring to it like you're describing.

...and understanding they are made this way with a thin walled container to minimize volume required for a specific capacity
...I wonder if it is a rigid containment with the presumed force or something with some spring to it like you're describing.
The way I read the spec it looks 300kg is the pre-load. EOL pressure is way, way higher.

The recommended fixture is described in the specs ..... it is rigid.

The recommended fixture is described in the specs ..... it is rigid.
I wonder if anybody has made some of those 6 rod plates for this DIY crowd to replicate that apparent requirement...
If a ton or two or three of force will contain one cell, my physics says it will also contain any number of the same in a row. (Right?)

Back