diy solar

diy solar

& the winner of longest delivery time via Alibaba goes to...

Photosolo

So my 280AH EVE cells (Via Amy) arrived yesterday (21st of March 2021) The transaction took place in October 2020 !
Yes, that's a 5 month journey
The obstacles the packages faced included Chinese New Year, Covid restrictions & of course the dreaded Brexit.

There arrival was completely out the blue as the tracking number that I had been supplied with was with UPS
but they were finally delivered curtesy of DPD. Apparently the original tracking code expired after 3 months...

I've not had time to test anything yet.
First impressions: There's no obvious big issues regarding physical damage to cells or packaging. All the cells were very well packed.
Will be starting the long slow process of capacity testing over the next couple of weeks. fingers crossed!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 26
Congrats , now the excitement & anxiety starts.
Suggestion, let them sit at room temp for a few days, who knows where & how they were stored or if they even got frozen, all that packing = insulation and you certainly don't want to put a charge on them if they're cold. Unless you have a way to measure the cell temps. IF it was June I would not worry about it but...

Thanks Steve
Yeah I’ll let them sit for a few days.
No point rushing things at this stage ?

Brexit = Broke it for everyone for everything. What a frappin mess that turned into.
You are lucky your cell order was not on that ship which lost a bunch of containers. Talk about having your order messed up.

I had my moments!
Amy was very good with her communication for the most part, although there was a few times where I was starting to wonder if this was the most elaborate scam. The idea that perhaps Amy isn’t real did cross my mind.
Above all else I think what really helped was ordering them months ahead of when I really needed them. Just in case this happened. It was getting to squeaky bum time though!

Funny story (comments) The idea that perhaps Amy isn’t real did cross my mind. with happy ending!

Just in case this happened.
Seems like your magical super Spidey Senses were working for you. Good thing too, I'd say, wouldn't you? Next the arduous task of charging & top balancing that lot, which is also a test of Patience and serenity LOL but I'm serious too. Prepare thy self for the challenges about to be thrust upon you ! Ye have been warned.

I hear ya Steve.
This is a task I’ve not been looking forward to the variable charger I have only goes up to 10amps so this is going to be very slow!

You are lucky your cell order was not on that ship which lost a bunch of containers. Talk about having your order messed up.
Can Michael and I get into this competition? My EVE cells on the ONE Apus are . . . somewhere! ?

Can Michael and I get into this competition? My EVE cells on the ONE Apus are . . . somewhere! ?

C’mon, you’re only at 3 or 4 months? ?

A solid second place at this point.

A solid second place at this point.
OK, I conditionally withdraw our self-nominations. I didn't know at the time of my earlier posting when the ship was due to arrive at Long Beach harbor. But remember, I still don't know if my cells are on-board. :cool: :cool:

You’re cells are lucky, they’re enjoying a cruise. My poor things were being held somewhere in Russia or Poland. Nobody really knows what happened to them ;)

So my 280AH EVE cells (Via Amy) arrived yesterday (21st of March 2021) The transaction took place in October 2020 !
Yes, that's a 5 month journey
The obstacles the packages faced included Chinese New Year, Covid restrictions & of course the dreaded Brexit.

There arrival was completely out the blue as the tracking number that I had been supplied with was with UPS
but they were finally delivered curtesy of DPD. Apparently the original tracking code expired after 3 months...

I've not had time to test anything yet.
First impressions: There's no obvious big issues regarding physical damage to cells or packaging. All the cells were very well packed.
Will be starting the long slow process of capacity testing over the next couple of weeks. fingers crossed!
Could you help me with which company Amy works for? I am now at 82 days shipping time and still just “held in customs” as an excuse as where my parcels are. I ordered from Aimee at Basen. Just out of interested was the sender on the labels of your parcels Tongda Distribution Ltd _ 5 Star Food Products Ltd”?

Im afraid you have a different person & company
Amy Wan was my point of contact
The company is - Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co, Ltd
Sender just had, dpd Logistics written on it.

Keep the faith, my cells took around 150 days to arrive, & nobody had any clue exactly where they were either. They arrived in the end completely unannounced with a different courier company.

i did not order batteries, just a 24 volt dc shunt gauge. now i am not so sure i should have bought from them.
time will tell.

Back