diy solar

diy solar

Titan Solar Generator 1.5 year update and review

Sorry to hear about your failure, it now does seem like I've read about a lot of failures of the inverter. I actually thought high quality parts was the strong point of the Titan. Hopefully they've rectified this problem.

Actually just receive my Titan back today from being repaired. Total turn around was one day shy of 2 weeks. I've reconnected the Titan up to the 4 batteries and all seams to be working just as normal. I was told that the inverter and some sort of input controller was replaced.
I was also told (assured) that this would not happen again (another manufacture or better parts???). I tried to press as if new(er) parts were installed and was told no, but the parts that were replaced were new.
I think playing nice with them will go far and because they seem to be a family type of operation that they will do the right thing in the long run...yet very concerned that I spent a lot of money on the Titan and 4 batteries for long term dependability and safety. I've only had my Titan for 14 months and expected it to last longer that 1-2 years.

Please keep in touch, so we can exchange notes.
Thanks for the quick reply. There does seem to be quite a few scattered reports of inverter outages. I'm going to ask them about that. Also, my unit has the led flickering issue they have acknowledged so hopefully that will be cured. It's a great unit and I've been impressed but reliability was a big selling point for me in spending as much money as I did on the system. I'm bummed I'm missing out on some really sunny late summer weather here in BC. That isn't going to last much longer! Thanks again, and yes, let's keep in touch.

Sorry to hear about your failure, it now does seem like I've read about a lot of failures of the inverter. I actually thought high quality parts was the strong point of the Titan. Hopefully they've rectified this problem.

Actually just receive my Titan back today from being repaired. Total turn around was one day shy of 2 weeks. I've reconnected the Titan up to the 4 batteries and all seams to be working just as normal. I was told that the inverter and some sort of input controller was replaced.
I was also told (assured) that this would not happen again (another manufacture or better parts???). I tried to press as if new(er) parts were installed and was told no, but the parts that were replaced were new.
I think playing nice with them will go far and because they seem to be a family type of operation that they will do the right thing in the long run...yet very concerned that I spent a lot of money on the Titan and 4 batteries for long term dependability and safety. I've only had my Titan for 14 months and expected it to last longer that 1-2 years.

Please keep in touch, so we can exchange notes.

I responded to your PM but figured I would post in this thread as well:

Our original installation was 09/2020 and inverter failure was around 06/2021 and I reinstalled the repaired unit in 08/2021. Since the initial repair on our Titan we have not had a single issue at all. It runs day and night 24/7/365 and has not failed since then. It seems like most of the failures are happening within the first year of use. Similar scenario for our failure with the inverter and input controller and I believe a diode failing but again since that repair we have had zero issues. We are now up to 6 batteries and it is our primary source of electricity now at the cabin.

I was interested in the buying the new Titan Boost or the Titan 240SP since they both have a new app and I was hoping I could set the maximum discharge percentage and have it temporarily shut down the AC outputs then turn the AC output back on once the batteries charged back to a certain percentage but unfortunately it sounds like the app will be primarily for monitoring and for changing settings which are already accessible on the original Titan.

IMG_6251.jpeg

Thanks for the quick reply. There does seem to be quite a few scattered reports of inverter outages. I'm going to ask them about that. Also, my unit has the led flickering issue they have acknowledged so hopefully that will be cured. It's a great unit and I've been impressed but reliability was a big selling point for me in spending as much money as I did on the system. I'm bummed I'm missing out on some really sunny late summer weather here in BC. That isn't going to last much longer! Thanks again, and yes, let's keep in touch.
After our repair the LED flicker issue was completely resolved.

Back