diy solar

diy solar

Unboxing of Deye 16K Hybrid Inverter

Nah it's not UL listed. They have no intention of selling them in the States so it would make no sense to spend all that money.
The splitphase Deye was avaible to countries with splitphase for a while. If I remember correctly it was even before SolArk was available to US.

sw-01181_500x358.jpg

Merry Christmas All.

The splitphase Deye was avaible to countries with splitphase for a while. If I remember correctly it was even before SolArk was available to US.
Nope, it was years later that Deye started to drop the Split Phase units into South America and the Caribbean under various brand names.
Eventually they started showing up as Deye labeled Inverters and that was when Sol-Ark went Ballistic on them.

Nope, it was years later that Deye started to drop the Split Phase units into South America and the Caribbean under various brand names.
Eventually they started showing up as Deye labeled Inverters and that was when Sol-Ark went Ballistic on them.
So your stance is that Deye never made/sold a splitphase hybrid inverter (with any name on it) before Deye made SolArk? My understanding is that Deye made single phase hybrid inverters many years before SolArk was thought of. Then Deye made a small amount of their inverters splitphase. Then SolArk wanted them (Deye) to put the SolArk name on them and tweak a few things in the inverter which became the SolArk we know today.. I really don’t mean to make this thread about this so I guess I’ll stop taking it off track..

Attachments

• A8699D8D-9A00-467A-AC0E-FF7B280CEF02.png
    A8699D8D-9A00-467A-AC0E-FF7B280CEF02.png
    490.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
So your stance is that Deye never made/sold a splitphase hybrid inverter (with any name on it) before Deye made SolArk? My understanding is that Deye made single phase hybrid inverters many years before SolArk was thought of. Then Deye made a small amount of their inverters splitphase. Then SolArk wanted them (Deye) to put the SolArk name on them and tweak a few things in the inverter which became the SolArk we know today.. I really don’t mean to make this thread about this so I guess I’ll stop taking it off track..
This has been kind of argued to death but yes, the first Sol-Ark 8K's hit the market nearly 2 years before Deye had the 8K Hybrid.
There are several threads about this. Before the 8K Sol-Ark was making the Portsol-3000PSW which was also a Hybrid Inverter. Even when the 8K came out Deye was still only making Grid Tied Inverters for approx the next two years.

Post in thread 'DEYE Inverter UL Listed available in US'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/deye-inverter-ul-listed-available-in-us.13942/post-189307

but I guess the UL is now irrelevant since we can no linter buy them in the USA, which again is a shame
All I see is UL Certified which is not even remotely the same as being UL Listed.
Deye's own Specification sheet on their website has a listing of all their certfications and I don't even see UL Certified but I will just assume that it is.

This has been kind of argued to death but yes, the first Sol-Ark 8K's hit the market nearly 2 years before Deye had the 8K Hybrid.
There are several threads about this. Before the 8K Sol-Ark was making the Portsol-3000PSW which was also a Hybrid Inverter. Even when the 8K came out Deye was still only making Grid Tied Inverters for approx the next two years.
your saying Deye didn’t even make a single phase hybrid before Deye made the SolArk? Now that’s hard to believe. I might be on board with Deye not making a splitphase hybrid till after they made SolArk.

your saying Deye didn’t even make a single phase hybrid before Deye made the SolArk? Now that’s hard to believe. I might be on board with Deye not making a splitphase hybrid till after they made SolArk.
The Wayback archive has your answer.

The Wayback archive has your answer.
I stand corrected. It certainly seems as if SolArk was working with Deye so Deye could make SolArk/Deyes first hybrid AIO. It made more sense to me that SolArk seen the single phase Deye hybrids and then had Deye make them something similar with more features and splitphase with a SolArk name on it. I stand corrected. Credit goes to SolArk..

EDIT: Apparently this is still debatable

Last edited:
I stand corrected. It certainly seems as if SolArk was working with Deye so Deye could make SolArk/Deyes first hybrid AIO. It made more sense to me that SolArk seen the single phase Deye hybrids and then had Deye make them something similar with more features and splitphase with a SolArk name on it. I stand corrected. Credit goes to SolArk
Although I do have to say that when SolArk first came out was REALLY close to the same time when the first hybrid Deye came out.. it still could be that SolArk seen the single phase Deye at a trade show or whatever and bought the rights to a splitphase version with SolArk added features and then Deye started making the SolArks before Deye started selling their already made single phase version to the public. Meaning the SolArk could still be a Deye with more features.

Yes it does but it's not nearly as comprehensive as Powerview.

Not comprehensive as Powerview? You are dreaming. Powerview is a different skin for the Solarman business app which Deye uses. Deye uses the real deal while Sol-ark fools everybody with their own wannabe Solarman so people like you find comfort in thinking you are not using Chinese things. Name a single thing parameter that is available on Powerview and not on Solarman?

Sol-Ark has been updating their Firmware with new features and bug fixes at least once if not twice per month. You can count the number of total Deye updates on one hand over the last 2 years. As for the features, you asked me this in another thread and I listed some of them. Seasonal Shifting of TOU usage is one, I think Generator exercising was another, Support for Numerous other LFP batteries manufactures was another. I cannot remember all the stuff they have added off the top of my head.

Again, just fiction without any proof. Deye absolutely updates its firmware at least every month. The same goes for Synsynk. Both use the same base firmware with different HMI firmware for LCD.

It is amazing how discouraging are some people here, I've been reading a few post and the same users always have a discouraging opinion or they take the conversation out of topic right away.
Some of us admire people like @misterbubbacat for always stay in topic and focus on the matter at hand, we all should follow their steps and not use their posts to confuse or discourage others with comments that are focus only on the namesake of an equipment instead of the progress of the build.

Sorry @misterbubbacat, no intentions here other than following your progress.

It is amazing how discouraging are some people here, I've been reading a few post and the same users always have a discouraging opinion or they take the conversation out of topic right away.
Some of us admire people like @misterbubbacat for always stay in topic and focus on the matter at hand, we all should follow their steps and not use their posts to confuse or discourage others with comments that are focus only on the namesake of an equipment instead of the progress of the build.

Sorry @misterbubbacat, no intentions here other than following your progress.
I think your missing post #37 and post/pic of SolArk CEO. The op was kinda asking for it

@Cheap 4-life Have a look here - https://diysolarforum.com/threads/sol-ark-not-a-good-company-to-deal-with-12k.44005/post-658781

@robby was claiming Sol-Ark handmade the first units in US for testing and then sent those Deye for mass manufacturing. He also claimed that Sol-Ark sent one of those handmade units to Engineer775 for testing and that screenshot is from that video lol

Robby you said on a the link @ruchira88 shared

“Go search the Waybackmachine and tell us what Deye was selling back in 2018 and then Search Sol-Ark and tell us what they were selling back in 2018.
Sol-Ark Introduction Video of the 8K From Early 2018. This was one of 30 Handmade 8K units that they built in the USA for Testing and a few were sent to Deye in order for them to start setting up the machinery for Manufacturing them.
Notice that this Inverter has Rolled steel sides and does not look anything like the final 8K model that Sol-Ark sold.
Engineer775 was also one of the first to get his hands on one and he also has a video from back in 2018”

Deyes site says they released the first hybrid 2017 (most likely single phase) so it seems SolArk used Deyes inverter platform to add their own wants/needs/features/splitphase as I originally thought. This probably significantly changed the Deye. I have been heavily watching what inverters came out and when since 2015. SolArk having the inverter they wanted built, built overseas is nothing different than what most companies would do.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/deye-inverter-ul-listed-available-in-us.13942/post-221330
that is what the ceo of SolArk has to say.. the way I read he is saying that the exact hybrid inverter that the SolArk is/was was designed by SolArk but made by Deye. He doesn’t say that Deye didn’t already have a single phase hybrid available. He also says SolArk building its own facilities to make the SolArks in the USA. Don’t know if that’s happened yet.

Last edited:
Robby you said on a the link @ruchira88 shared

“Go search the Waybackmachine and tell us what Deye was selling back in 2018 and then Search Sol-Ark and tell us what they were selling back in 2018.
Sol-Ark Introduction Video of the 8K From Early 2018. This was one of 30 Handmade 8K units that they built in the USA for Testing and a few were sent to Deye in order for them to start setting up the machinery for Manufacturing them.
Notice that this Inverter has Rolled steel sides and does not look anything like the final 8K model that Sol-Ark sold.
Engineer775 was also one of the first to get his hands on one and he also has a video from back in 2018”

Deyes site says they released the first hybrid 2017 (most likely single phase) so it seems SolArk used Deyes inverter platform to add their own wants/needs/features/splitphase as I originally thought. This probably significantly changed the Deye. I have been heavily watching what inverters came out and when since 2015. SolArk having the inverter they wanted built, built overseas is nothing different than what most companies would do.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/deye-inverter-ul-listed-available-in-us.13942/post-221330
that is what the ceo of SolArk has to say.. the way I read he is saying that the exact hybrid inverter that the SolArk is/was was designed by SolArk but made by Deye. He doesn’t say that Deye didn’t already have a single phase hybrid available. He also says SolArk building its own facilities to make the SolArks in the USA. Don’t know if that’s happened yet.
They sounded real optomistic about building them in the USA about 6 months ago but since then I have kind of gotten the feeling that this is on the back burner for now. I can understand why since they are branching out with so many different models and other pieces of gear like Smart load panels and MicroInverters. There is no way they could make all of that in the USA without a huge influx of capital.

Went through Sol-Ark's Linkedin page to find the inverter designers and electronic engineers https://www.linkedin.com/company/solarksolar/
Funny enough there is none except sales engineers lol
You do realize LinkedIn is not updated all the time and you can put whatever you want on a profile online...
I'm not trying to defend sol ark, I have no skin in the game running a TP6048. I do know based on the research I've done my next inverter will be a Schneider or possibly a Deye.

Back