diy solar

diy solar

Unboxing of Deye 16K Hybrid Inverter

Will your system work with 240v US grid on the input? I guess I mean installing the Deye line-side in between the meter and the main panel.

Nice. My wifes dad moved to the phillipines and built an awesome offgrid solar setup in Masbate. He doesn't have grid available there. He taught me the small amount about this stuff that I didn't learn from here.

The question should be why is the other one so expensive. Because everything is worth what you can get for it. Competition helps.
Because they can and they will, suppress the OEM manufacturer from marketing a generic OEM version. ???

Got basic connections done last night, and this morning I got the inverter to operate in single phase 240V mode grid tied, PV and battery connected. Here is a screen shot.
Deye is so much easy to program than LuxPower, Growatt, The touch screen interface is very user friendly.
IMG_2138.jpg

I’ve actually just got round to doing this and the 16k does not seem to have the 240v coil earth neutral bond output on the panel.

on the instructions I looked at on Deye’s website it showed that ports 19+20 were for output to the relay when in islanding mode. But mine stops at 18 then has to small switches where the outputs should be.
I then googled the 16k manual and found a different manual for the same model No!

What I was expecting to find:1F5C203C-E0E2-4315-8DED-8E9023D7E3F7.jpeg

What I actually found when I went to hook up the relay. (This manual is the correct picture)9A214034-29C5-4F7A-8FFC-F2EDB1CE2E7C.jpeg

The correct manual says you have to bond the earth and neutral when in islanding mode but does not say how or offer any clues?

How did you guys with the 16k do it please?

All I can find is this in the manual:
B145AF25-0A08-497A-81D3-29F2F3273B97.jpeg
But no other mention of where the ATS port is?

C379352D-3D25-4A5C-9A7B-35AE256B1169.jpegFound this referring to the sunsynk max which I’m hoping is the same..

I’ve actually just got round to doing this and the 16k does not seem to have the 240v coil earth neutral bond output on the panel.

on the instructions I looked at on Deye’s website it showed that ports 19+20 were for output to the relay when in islanding mode. But mine stops at 18 then has to small switches where the outputs should be.
I then googled the 16k manual and found a different manual for the same model No!

What I was expecting to find:View attachment 133921

What I actually found when I went to hook up the relay. (This manual is the correct picture)View attachment 133922

The correct manual says you have to bond the earth and neutral when in islanding mode but does not say how or offer any clues?

How did you guys with the 16k do it please?
Here in the US, the N wire carry 0 Voltage and Expensed/Returned current from the 120V L1/L2 leg of the circuit. Per NEC (National Electrical Code) code compliance, all main entry service panel are required to have N and Ground bonded. The N to G bonding are provided by a Green color screw that bind both the Neutral and Ground Busbar together, only at the MAIN panel. The Expensed/Return current will flow back to the Transformer from the Utility/Grid provider, typically mounted onto the pole that service the customer. Per UL 1741 compliance, the AC Grid input leg of any Inverter will have to cease ALL output when the GRID is "down". In the case of a Deye/Sol-Ark, the Inverter's internal AST (Auto-Transfer-Switch) will provide power to the Critical LOAD panel from Solar/Battery power. As such there is no need to have a relay to disconnect the N to G bonding.

In the Deye 8K, pin 13,14 provide 240V which will be wired to a Relay that will control a switch to disconnect N to G bonding. However, in the 1st version of the 16K, the manual did not mentioned which pin provide will provide power to the ATS relay.

The 1st PIC you've attached is from the 1st version of the 16K where the last pin provide is 17,18 (the CANBus port is to the right), while the 2nd pic is from the latest version of the 16K where the CANBus port is moved to the "block" of 4 RJ45 ports. The updated manual show pin 19,20 provides the 240V to the replay.

As in your case, you could use a Multimeter set to V-Voltage mode and measure pin 9,10 and 17,18 to test which of these pair will provide a 240V when the 15K inverter is wired to the GRID AC. Once you've located the pins that provide the 240V, you can then wired it to a Relay that will control a switch for the N to G bonding.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back