diy solar

diy solar

Unboxing of Deye 16K Hybrid Inverter

I've ิbeen busy past few weeks. I haven't had much time to play with the inverter. But with the $5,000 saving, I afforded myself these 30Kwh EG4 batteries with a nice looking rack. I attached the inverter to the rack, making it a mobile unit.
Everything seems to work so far, haven't tested AC coupling via a load port yet

IMG_2163.jpgIMG_2161.jpgIMG_2162.jpg

Last edited:
I've ิbeen busy past few weeks. I haven't had much time to play with the inverter. But with the $5,000 saving, I afforded myself these 30Kwh EG4 batteries with a nice looking rack. I attached the inverter to the rack, making it a mobile unit.

View attachment 135389View attachment 135390View attachment 135391
Few questions:
-Are those custom wheels or wheels that came with the rack? If you bought them, do you have a link
-How much does the inverter weigh?
- I'm assuming that inverter does not weigh much more than 1 battery so you're not worried about it being top heavy on the side it is mounted on?

Last edited:
Few questions:
-Are those custom wheels or wheels that came with the rack? If you bought them, do you have a link
-How much does the inverter weigh?
- I'm assuming that inverter does not weigh much more than 1 battery so you're not worried about it being top heavy on the side it is mounted on?
The wheels come with the rack, and the rack also has fixed screw up feet that can float the wheels.
The inverter weights about 1.5 time of one battery.

Finally, Inverter and AutoTrans mounted onto the wall and completing all wiring. I installed 107KW of Battery + current 2*Parallel 8K with 51KW, with a total of 158KW on demand ?

View attachment 135427
Any chance I could take you up on that offer of getting the inverter set up? I’m 95% of the way there. Just having issues getting BMS comms working properly, and the islanding mode signal is not sending 240v to the relay when on AC.

I am running the house on batteries as we speak tho so that’s good!

Had to turn the CT coil the “wrong way” round to get it to read correctly. I had the arrow pointing to inverter but it was showing as sending power to the grid when we were using it. Now swapped it to pointing towards grid connection and getting correct readings.

I am unable to get the 240v relay signal and I seem to have an option in the menu not mentioned in the manual...
IMG_5536 Large.jpeg

View attachment 135389View attachment 135390View attachment 135391
what battery communication protocol are you using please? the canbus or rs485 port? I can't get the BMS to talk tot he inverter.

I used what misterbubbacat found out, which is to plug into the CAN port. His reads all of his batteries doing that but mine only reads 1. Strange. But we have Felicity batteries. But you can try that if you can't get it working on the 485 port. I don't see Lifepower on the Deye battery list.

I used what misterbubbacat found out, which is to plug into the CAN port. His reads all of his batteries doing that but mine only reads 1. Strange. But we have Felicity batteries. But you can try that if you can't get it working on the 485 port. I don't see Lifepower on the Deye battery list.
I have Taico server rack batteries. 51.4v 200ah x 3 not on the list either. Ive bypassed the BMS control and gone to Voltage for now.

I'm using batt% and it works fine for me. If I use lithium it reads the same % from 1 battery as the inv reads when using batt%. I'm just not using lithium since the BMS limits my charge/discharge to the settings for 1 battery instead of the 2 I have.

I have Taico server rack batteries. 51.4v 200ah x 3 not on the list either. Ive bypassed the BMS control and gone to Voltage for now.
Find out from your Battery vendor Taico, if their BMS is implemented with a CAN Bus or Mod Bus protocol and if is compatible with the Pylon BMS protocol. If it does, the Li Batt setting for CAN Bus = 1 and Mod Bus = 12.

Find out from your Battery vendor Taico, if their BMS is implemented with a CAN Bus or Mod Bus protocol and if is compatible with the Pylon BMS protocol. If it does, the Li Batt setting for CAN Bus = 1 and Mod Bus = 12.
ah nice one, mine was set to CAN Bus = 0, I contacted Taico and they said to cut wires 7 & 8 on the network cable, which I thought was weird

what battery communication protocol are you using please? the canbus or rs485 port? I can't get the BMS to talk tot he inverter.
I couldn't get the LifePower to talk to Deye yet. Probably gonna need a protocol converter box.

No. It's made by EG4. And it doesn't have a good BMS.
Ive just heard back from my battery manufacturer and I the units need programming and are not Pylon by default, luckily they included the lead to do it, im just charging my old laptop now to give it a go. They also said both ends of the network cable need pins 7&8 cut not just one end. I have no idea on the reasoning for this.

Most ofd these rack batteries use the same stuff so you may be able to reprogram your BMS too? Manufacturer also sent me the software.

Last issue is the 240v signal for the earth neutral bond and it’s ready to tidy up cables take some photos and set up my own build theead!

Back