diy solar

diy solar

Universal 120v dynamic solar plug

Explain how eg4 hybrid mini splits work please.
There are EG4 members of the Forum. If you are interested in one of their products you could start a Thread (in the appropriate forum) and perhaps one of them would respond. Or another member that use this Aircon unit could give you their experience with it.

There are EG4 members of the Forum. If you are interested in one of their products you could start a Thread (in the appropriate forum) and perhaps one of them would respond. Or another member that use this Aircon unit could give you their experience with it.
No, I was asking in the scope of this thread.

How does it take power from AC and DC without an inverter and battery (at the same time). I'm trying to understand the difference between a bluetti and one of these.

Just trying to understand the difference between what it does vs. "grid and the device would blend power to supply load that operate in parallel". (which you said can't happen)

How does it take power from AC and DC without an inverter and battery (at the same time). I'm trying to understand the difference between a bluetti and one of these.

Just trying to understand the difference between what it does vs. "grid and the device would blend power to supply load that operate in parallel". (which you said can't happen)
Do not attribute to me what I did not write.

The Bluetti does not offer AC parallel capability. I doubt the EG4 has this capability but I am unfamiliar with it.

There's probably a schematic out there. If not, you can look for the off-grid AIO schematic. In that one you can see how AC input power is rectified and converted to a common 48V DC bus as input from MPPTs.

The difference for the minisplit would be AC input power and MPPT being blended onto say 170V or 340V bus, the higher voltage being lower loss and higher efficiency for the motor driver. The 48V AIOs do not boost AC input power to this voltage level of DC rail.

The problem is if the MPPT is inverted and then blended with AC. A minisplit anyway is powered by DC going into a VFD that outputs to a 3 phase compressor motor, so this is a silly power flow that creates multiple problems.

Technically Victron units with grid assist are not proper for use in the USA since they are not listed as a grid tie device and have UL certification.
This is not true, they are OK for zero-export. There are two or three UL 1741 listed models.

They can be used with a battery in states that have not adopted UL9540 requirement, and in the remainder of states using a 9540 DC ESS. If you look at my DC ESS thread, there is a new forum member that is excited to get their setup approved under the 9540 DC ESS + Zero Export approach.

diy solar

diy solar
Back