diy solar

diy solar

Victron Lynx copper bars

KeninFresno

Hello all,

I recently ordered the Victron Lynx Distributor and need a source to purchase the copper bar adaptors for my shunt and battery disconnect.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?Thanks!

I bought some of these and wasn't impressed. I recommend the Blue Sea Link Bus bars:
Link
Note: although Amazon lists them for 250 A continuous, Blue Sea has them listed for 500 A continuous.

In what way are they unsatisfactory?
Mostly the fit/finish, though I admit that that won't necessarily affect their function. Also, I think that you get more bussbar (ampacity) for the money with the Blue Sea bars.

Something else to note: it took quite a while for the Explorist.Life bars to ship and I had to reach out to Nate to see what was going on. A day after sending my email, the tracking status was updated without any response from him. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that he is a small outfit and isn't going to be as fast as Amazon, but I feel like there could have been better communication after I reached out, trying to see what was up.

Attachments

• Bussbar.jpg
    Bussbar.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Mostly the fit/finish, though I admit that that won't necessarily affect their function. Also, I think that you get more bussbar (ampacity) for the money with the Blue Sea bars.

Something else to note: it took quite a while for the Explorist.Life bars to ship and I had to reach out to Nate to see what was going on. A day after sending my email, the tracking status was updated without any response from him. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that he is a small outfit and isn't going to be as fast as Amazon, but I feel like there could have been better communication after I reached out, trying to see what was up.
If you don't mind me asking, is one heavier than the other?

If you don't mind me asking, is one heavier than the other?
I took a few more pics... The Blue Sea bars are twice as heavy, but are a good bit larger too. I didn't get a side profile shot, but they are the same thickness.

Attachments

• IMG_6788.jpg
    IMG_6788.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6789.jpg
    IMG_6789.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6790.jpg
    IMG_6790.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 39
I bought some of these and wasn't impressed. I recommend the Blue Sea Link Bus bars:
Link
Note: although Amazon lists them for 250 A continuous, Blue Sea has them listed for 500 A continuous.
Hi!
To clear confusion, blue sea sells two type of link bus bars: one for M series switches rated at 250A and one for ML series switches rated at 500A.

From one of Nate’s videos comment section. Why not just drill out the distributors holes and attach the shunt?

7EDB5AAC-A11A-4F96-B244-759CB3A94A8F.jpeg

Back