diy solar

diy solar

Weird question about a weird smell

Mary

Maybe this is a strange question, but I have to ask.

I bought a used Kodiak, described as having been charged and discharged only once. As soon as I turned it on, I smelled this kind of musty smell. It doesn't smell chemical-y or like burning or anything like that. Hard to describe but not unfamiliar, and not a smell I associate with danger. But a smell nontheless. It kind of smells like a dirty room, if you know what I mean. Like maybe there's some laundry on the floor and the place hasn't been swept in a while. It was instant once I powered it up. I wish I could attach a smell file so you could see what I mean.

I've had it running for about 8 hours now, and the smell has not dissipated. It's not a strong smell, just consistent. Everything appears to be functioning normally. Any thoughts on this? I don't really have an oversensitive nose usually.

Well, THAT would explain the weird smell!

It appears that the Kodiak model is no longer available. Not that it matters, just that I can't find out much about it from their website.

The musty smell is hopefully not from the unit getting wet. I suspect once you put the unit through its paces and it gets warmed up, the smell will dissipate. Hopefully something didn't crawl inside and die.
vomit.gif

I'd say take it apart and look... could just be dead bugs cooking...

I was going to say that maybe it had old film in it then I put on my glasses... dust.

I am new to the forum, received my Bluetti AC200P about a week ago. Plugged it in to charge and the cooling fans activated, with no load. Through the vents was an odor, similar to something melting inside the case, not burning but melting. I understand that the fans activate at 113 degrees, Farenheit. Don't know if the fans activating with no load is normal, but the smell is certainly not. Have contacted customer service and will see where this goes....

Back