diy solar

diy solar

What is an All on One and will it be the best choice for a scaredy cat like me

GPsWildRide

I was lucky enough to order two of the SOK 100 amp hr batteries and I have 2 100 watt solar panels from Rich solar because that was all I was brave enough to order so far. My question is what else should I purchase for my van solar set up? I want to be able to charge while driving, charge with solar when parked and charge via shore power when available. I'd love specifics if you can take the time to do that. I've watched a lot of Will's videos but all the different components are still confusing to me, such as should I get an all in one unit, whatever that is?? My panels are polycristaline that will be run in series. In the future I may add another panel or two that would be run in parallel.Thanks so much!!

I bought a MPP Solar all in one based on Will's videos and I am happy with it.
They're not perfect but I sure feel they are a good value.
And the all in ones are so simple and flexible.
I don't think you can beat the quality and price by piecing it together

Last edited:
The All-In-Ones are improving constantly and are pretty darn good these days (sticking with known good brands). They are MODULAR meaning that parts can be swapped out & changed, SCC, Inverter, Charger etc can be swapped as well as the rest. Growatt, MPPSolar, on the more "Value" side, Solark, Victron on the Tier-1 Side. They simplify installation a lot and make managing the gear easier with the unified setup.

Here's a quick vid from Will a couple of days ago, where he mentions new gear.

Back