diy solar

diy solar

Where can I buy some good solar panels

JonL

The reason I ask this, is because I’ve been buying from Renogy, and there’s been nothing but delays of late! I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t trust this company to deliver anymore.
Is there a place in the US where you can buy solar panels and not have major delays? thanks
I live in Washington state.

SanTan Solar is the hands down favorite on this forum for U.S. members. I ordered last Thursday and got the tracking email today. There are also Signature Solar and Sun Electronics that are worth checking out.

The reason I ask this, is because I’ve been buying from Renogy, and there’s been nothing but delays of late! I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t trust this company to deliver anymore.
Is there a place in the US where you can buy solar panels and not have major delays? thanks
I live in Washington state.

I bought my panels from CEDGreenTech.com. They have three local offices in Washington State.

Where do you live? Check craigslist. Solar companies tend to have overstock from jobs. I got a 325w panel for 200 bucks.

The very best panels I've bought to date are "used" grid-tie panels I found from a local provider on Craigslist. I was told they were repossessed off grid-tie customers that defaulted on payments. The quality and output of my "used" panels exceeds the new Renogy panels I paid retail for! My best deals by far, and about 220$ per kW. I've purchased enough panels to eventually raise my total output to 8500W. That might be enough for me, so my latest purchases have all been for the neighbors. I buy for the neighbors in 1000W blocks.

I've used A1solarstore.com twice now for my panels. they have a flat shipping rate of $175 for anywhere in the lower 48. The more panels you order the better the overall price.

I think it's best value to look for second hand panels from someone upgrading their house solar. People usually sell them cheap just to get rid of them.

tandem-solar-systems.com shipped 5 Power XT 400 (shipping was $375 to Northern California) within about a week of ordering (Fedex botched a couple delivery attempts to our area, otherwise they would've arrived fairly "quickly"). That was after waiting an expected month+ with solar-electric.com and then having their estimate slip another 4-6 weeks (and therefore canceling).

Back