diy solar

diy solar

Where to get Overkill BMS from abroad

houdayec

Hey everyone,

I'm living in France and would like to get an Overkill BMS. It does not seem that they ship to my country, do you know where I can get one from a seller or no rebranded one?

Thanks

Direct, pay with PaypPal, select express shipment, delivery within 10 days.

You have the option of having an additional serial RS485 port at slight extra cost. The 120A unit has 3 cables for the negative connections to the battery and load, the wire gauge fits a 6mm2 copper tube terminal.

This is almost the same as the Overkill unit. Overkill have some modifications but the base unit is the same. The latest version of the app listed on the Overkill site works with the BMS and all the application notes are relevant.

Mike

You have the option of having an additional serial RS485 port at slight extra cost. The 120A unit has 3 cables for the negative connections to the battery and load, the wire gauge fits a 6mm2 copper tube terminal.

This is almost the same as the Overkill unit. Overkill have some modifications but the base unit is the same. The latest version of the app listed on the Overkill site works with the BMS and all the application notes are relevant.

Mike
Thank you. I can see that this one does not have low temp protection am I right?

Seconded for LLT. I've always a good experience, I have bought half a dozen BMS units from them. As far as I know, most of them do not have low temp cutoff.

You could use a separate thermostat unit for cutoff though. I have one of these with a relay, and another one with heating pads.

Mike
Got mine in 10 days to Northern ,Ca.

I can see that this one does not have low temp protection am I right?
no, it has the low temp sensor and you can use the default temperatures or set your own. Its exacrly the same as the Overkill for the protection parameters. As said, apart, from the hardware switch and cable options that Overkill offer, its exactly the same unit.
The picture below shows the external sensor and wiring on the lower right. For the negative connections to the battery and load the 120A unit has 3 connection wires ,the lower power units have two.
There is a second temperature sensor mounted on the pcb that measures the heat sink temperature.
contacted LLT the other day. They seemed very reluctant to answer any questions.
What did you want to know?
LTT bms.jpg
Mike

no, it has the low temp sensor and you can use the default temperatures or set your own. Its exacrly the same as the Overkill for the protection parameters. As said, apart, from the hardware switch and cable options that Overkill offer, its exactly the same unit.
The picture below shows the external sensor and wiring on the lower right. For the negative connections to the battery and load the 120A unit has 3 connection wires ,the lower power units have two.
There is a second temperature sensor mounted on the pcb that measures the heat sink temperature.

What did you want to know?
View attachment 54081
Mike
Mainly if I could open a dialogue with them to see if they were trustworthy to buy from.

ETA. And if they could supply the module for pc connection.

I looked at the 8s Lifepo4 100A at LLT Power and it looks similar to the one on the Overkill Solar web site. Does anyone know if it is the same as
the 8s BMS100a LifePo4 on Overkill Solar? I am still hoping to get the BMS from Overkill Solar, but it is out of stock with no delivery date.

My batteries are on the way so I am trying to find options...

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/p...-with-80a-to-120a-constant-discharge-current/

Last edited:
There are quite a few companies in China offering this BMS. I bought from two different companies and they look / work the same. I buy the ones with both Bluetooth module and UART / RS232 interface to connect to PC. If you want the BT only you can order it that way. There is only one connection , so it is either BT or UART at any time. You can have another RS485 socket added at the factory if you want to use both.

You can have another RS485 socket added at the factory if you want to use both.
LLT offer the unit with the Bluetooth output and an additional RS485 as an option for a few $ extra. Its a stock item.

Mike

Back