diy solar

diy solar

Who is actually manufacturing this inverter?

So because it has a color touchscreen it's a ripoff? That's a stretch don't you think? Rhetorical question by the way
All the other inverters besides Sol-Ark advertise a slower transfer time. SolarEdge at SPI told me 3-10 seconds. Sol-Ark is 5ms. Got a faster rating earlier than that on an industry solar inverter charger?

You could fully focus on solving problems for Sol-Ark's customers or promoting the advantages of your own products based on your expertise.

Sol-Ark has a much larger team than be to solve its problems. The topic is who makes the inverter, and I think I'm making a strong case for Sol-Ark.
Like I have said before, the Luxpower inverter is a Sol-Ark clone and Luxpower doesn't want to admit it. Sol-Ark is driving innovation, and not just in inverters. Luxpower will follow along. See their head of USA comment above.

Last edited:
All the other inverters besides Sol-Ark advertise a slower transfer time. SolarEdge at SPI told me 3-10 seconds. Sol-Ark is 5ms. Got a faster rating earlier than that on an industry solar inverter charger?
Please show the 5ms transfer time on an oscilloscope -otherwise it's just advertising

oscilloscope readouts are in advertisements? literally how do you get this data from any company?
At some point, it is about brand trust. I know that's hard, but come tour the HQ in Dallas(ish). Ya want scopes, we got em.
That how you resolve LED flicker issues, humming, partridges, pear trees.

Are you done on asking for Sol-Ark leading issues which nobody else has and James gets Luxpower to clone? Shall we keep innovating?

Ultimely, we are talking about the creation of the hybrid inverter market segment. And while Sol-Ark is not as old as the original titans which came before, I think the company will climb Olympus.

Sol-Ark has a much larger team than be to solve its problems. The topic is who makes the inverter, and I think I'm making a strong case for Sol-Ark.
Like I have said before, the Luxpower inverter is a Sol-Ark clone and Luxpower doesn't want to admit it. Sol-Ark is driving innovation, and not just in inverters. Luxpower will follow along. See their head of USA comment above.
I don’t think Luxpower inverter is a Sol Ark clone, but I know Sol Ark is a Deye clone and Sol Ark does’t want to admit it. I have work with both inverters, Sol Ark 12K and Deye 8K.

Last edited:
Sol Ark 12Kw = inverter 9 kw, Sol Ark 15kw = inverter 12Kw. At least Deye has an honest product naming convention and not with a fancy slice of hand. An 8K is 8KW and a 16K is 16KW. No monkey business and no need to read the datasheet to figure out being short changed.
The inverter in the sol-ark 15k is 15kW, as confirmed by everyone that owns one (including me). It's just barely weaker than a Deye 16k single phase. The sol-ark 12k has a 9.6kW inverter.

I don’t think Luxpower inverter is a Sol Ark clone, but I know Sol Ark is a Deye clone and Sol Ark does’t want to admit it. I have work with both inverters, Sol Ark 12K and Deye 8K.
it is not even a clone, they are manf. by deye and rebadged...

some people spuw so much none sense that they start to believe their own fairytales..

that is all i will add to this topic

"one shouldnt argue with the ignorant, nor the stupid, as it is a waste of time" - mahatma gandhi

Last edited:
James - Sol-Ark pioneered the integrated 200A grid disconnect and transfer. That's what I am talking about, specifically. Tesla, Goodwe, Growatt... they don't have that. Sol-Ark was first.

The 19kW vs 21kW is only in max PV nameplate capacity. The simple fact is you can get to 19kW on a Sol-Ark in a more flexible and less expensive manner. If you added another 2kW... you get 18kW of DC output (yet to see it though). But AC output is way more important than DC output. The batteries will fill up regardless, at which point it comes back to how much you can output AC (15kW vs. 12kW) as well as if you are running the battery inverter at the top of spec (275A vs 250A) to get that 12kW.

This is what frustrates me about the Luxpower marketing. It is claiming that a cheaper inverter is also better, when in fact, it is easy to tell it is a smaller inverter than Sol-Ark right on the data sheet.

Go with "cheaper than Sol-Ark" if you want. Maybe "more value engineered". But Sol-Ark is the more powerful inverter of the two. And really, if you are going to tout the 18kWDCpv spec... actually show the inverter doing it. I have yet to see that it.

If someone is looking at contingencies/back-up and more power, purchasing two 18Ks is an attractive alternative. After the FTC, for ~$2,625 more I could have two 18K vs one 15K.

Edit: that comparison was based on Sol-Ark at $8250. I see one can get them cheaper now.

Last edited:
So which inverters had color touch screen LCDs prior to Sol-Ark @1201? Enlighten me.
Or such luxurious cabinets.
Deye had it before you decided to rebrand it.

This was from 14th March 2018

me too, but as i like to support the development, i bought the sunsynk versions of it ;)
ya know up until this particular thread.. i would have sided with you, but this particular representative from the company has dug a hole so deep, that I would rather become a goth and scratch at my wrists then buy anything from this company

ya know up until this particular thread.. i would have sided with you, but this particular representative from the company has dug a hole so deep, that I would rather become a goth and scratch at my wrists then buy anything from this company
which is exactly why i didnt..
besides the fact that sol-ark only comes in us 2 phase, sunsynk is it's own distinct company, devices are made by deye though

firmware for deye is most of the time 1 version behind on sunsynk, as are new features ;)

So which inverters had color touch screen LCDs prior to Sol-Ark @1201? Enlighten me.
Or such luxurious cabinets.

Also, these are only surface features of an inverter, as you might attack me for (although... you asked for more and I delivered).
Believe me, knowledge of inverter systems goes much deeper.
Sol-Ark has a very large number of USA employees working on improving inverter performance every day.

That's why you get quality product. It's why China copies the USA also.
Just stop while you are behind. I wouldn't by a solark based on your behavior on this forum. You sound like a child arguing who's bike has better foot pegs...

Color touch screens, ever think that's just an evolution of technology and embracing the latest and greatest? I mean we all use color screens in today's age. Who's still using a black and white screen?

This pissing match between Deye and Lux Power is no different than Chevy vs Ford, Milwaukee vs Dewalt or Android vs Apple (we all know Milwaukee and Android win, most of us also know Milwaukee is manufactured in the same factory as many other known brands).

Worried about where your data goes, run Solar Assistant on your own network; problem solved.

I've tried to import a Deye from lots of different vendors on Alibaba, at the end I'm always told there is an exclusive agent in the USA (solark).
Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for supporting US products but I'm also looking for the best value for my money and companies that use good business tactics.

If you're really a technical manager let's see some side by comparisons of deye and lux in a spreadsheet proving the Deye is so much better.

If solark really cares about the average American why haven't they released a 'value series' inverter? It seems they would rather push the established deyes that make maximum profits.

I've tried to stay out of this thread but you've gotten to me, congrats.

If the Deye is so much better why don't you use some of that extra empty office space at solark and buy a Lux Power and set up some side by side comparisons to back up your claims?

I have to recognize @SignatureSolarJames and @Eddie_LuxPowerTek for remaining professional in this thread.

End rant. Back to looking at more Voltronic units and trying to talk myself out of a Schneider or Midnite.

Back