diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

In case anyone got the 105Ah cells, or is thinking of getting them, I finally found the perfect case on amazon.

Fits 4 of those cells on their side with ample space for the BMS and some padding. It holds the battery tight which makes it sturdy and portable at ~10kg.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJNJB76

Attachments

• 7BAA6FF4-AB31-4F63-969E-E8D8E6380720.jpeg
    7BAA6FF4-AB31-4F63-969E-E8D8E6380720.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 64
  • C6D5EF31-DACA-43EB-909F-4B781134EF1A.jpeg
    C6D5EF31-DACA-43EB-909F-4B781134EF1A.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 62
In case anyone got the 105Ah cells, or is thinking of getting them, I finally found the perfect case on amazon.

Fits 4 of those cells on their side with ample space for the BMS and some padding. It holds the battery tight which makes it sturdy and portable at ~10kg.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJNJB76
I wish I still had access to my old shipping department. We had a fiber banding unit that used heat instead of metal clips and had plastic corner protectors, too. I think one in the top and bottom 3rds would be prefect for tying a cell pack together....

I wish I still had access to my old shipping department. We had a fiber banding unit that used heat instead of metal clips and had plastic corner protectors, too. I think one in the top and bottom 3rds would be prefect for tying a cell pack together....

I wonder if anyone has tried a big old shrink tube.
Like they use on the cylindrical cell packs but a bit bigger.

The bus bars that XUBA is including are rated at what ? Trying to decide on whether to use theirs or use some copper bar stock to connect up a 2p4s config.

Lately the batteries I am getting from XUBA has had double busbars and longer screws so you could double up on them ... i actually haven't measured them to see what they are rated at --

I wonder if anyone has tried a big old shrink tube.
Like they use on the cylindrical cell packs but a bit bigger.
I haven't but I have thought of it. Like what the individual cells are wrapped in, but groups of 4.
I think any more than that would get too heavy to easily handle.

Well, did another capacity test with 8 of my Xuba 280Ah EVE cells. Staying on topic, ha ha.

Was aiming for an upper limit of 26.80V. Took some doing again to charge the battery to a steady resting voltage. I'm learning how frustrating CC/ CV charging can be, time consuming when trying to get to a final resting voltage (somewhere in the middle). I let the battery rest overnight and it still dropped to 26.76V. I went with it anyway, close enough. Start of my morning, working from home.

Lower limit was 24V under some load. Got about 61% capacity usage (4,420Wh / 7,168Wh or 172Ah / 280Ah). Was expecting closer to 80% (5,734Wh / 7168Wh). Perhaps it's my testing method. Trying to be more real-world as opposed to perfect testing conditions. The C-rate was up & down throughout the day (183W - 1,500W), averaging ~440W/h (<0.1C) in about 10 hours. Fridge would kick on & off, brief coffee warm-ups with the microwave, lunch break, etc....

1st Pic - Begin test, Inverter off, resting voltage, 26.76V, cells reasonably balanced
2nd Pic - Inverter on, minor drop in voltage
3rd Pic - Running home office, Frig, & coffee maker, 1.5Kw peak for a few minutes
4th Pic - Hit lower limit of 24V under load
5th Pic - Powered everything off, Inverter still on, voltage recovers a bit
6th Pic - Inverter off, resting voltage 24.29V after half an hour or so

I was using the ISDT BattGo meter (right) voltage as reference, as it matched closest to my hand-held multi-meter (not-shown). Using Drok meter (middle) for total Wh or Ah. There's a little voltage offset between meters, but all are in the same time-line. Perhaps I should use the inverter voltage instead. It tends to be the lowest compared to the rest.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Well, did another capacity test with 8 of my Xuba 280Ah EVE cells. Staying on topic, ha ha.

Was aiming for an upper limit of 26.80V. Took some doing again to charge the battery to a steady resting voltage. I'm learning how frustrating CC/ CV charging can be, time consuming when trying to get to a final resting voltage (somewhere in the middle). I let the battery rest overnight and it still dropped to 26.76V. I went with it anyway, close enough. Start of my morning, working from home.

Lower limit was 24V under some load. Got about 61% capacity usage (4,420Wh / 7,168Wh or 172Ah / 280Ah). Was expecting closer to 80% (5,734Wh / 7168Wh). Perhaps it's my testing method. Trying to be more real-world as opposed to perfect testing conditions. The C-rate was up & down throughout the day (183W - 1,500W), averaging ~440W/h (<0.1C) in about 10 hours. Fridge would kick on & off, brief coffee warm-ups with the microwave, lunch break, etc....

1st Pic - Begin test, Inverter off, resting voltage, 26.76V, cells reasonably balanced
2nd Pic - Inverter on, minor drop in voltage
3rd Pic - Running home office, Frig, & coffee maker, 1.5Kw peak for a few minutes
4th Pic - Hit lower limit of 24V under load
5th Pic - Powered everything off, Inverter still on, voltage recovers a bit
6th Pic - Inverter off, resting voltage 24.29V after half an hour or so

I was using the ISDT BattGo meter (right) voltage as reference, as it matched closest to my hand-held multi-meter (not-shown). Using Drok meter (middle) for total Wh or Ah. There's a little voltage offset between meters, but all are in the same time-line. Perhaps I should use the inverter voltage instead. It tends to be the lowest compared to the rest.
IDK, I think you're leaving a lot on the table stopping at 24V. I think I'd be aiming at 2.875V on the lowest cell or 23V for the pack. That was my lower cell V target. The only reason I didn't go that low in my test, was the fridge compressor failed to start above my target. I had the fridge set on the highest of 3 voltage settings in the menu. It looks like it's cell #7 you need to be watching from that test.

Hey the new Chargery manual is up and online ... GREAT job Steve ...

My 8 Xuba 280ah cells arrived today. All in perfect shape, and are clearly new. Each cell measured 3.276 or 3.275.

Timeline
March 13th - Ordered
March 19th - Shipped via 'SEA' (Saved me $100+)
April 21th - Fedex delivered to my house in NC. No additional charges required

My total cost with SEA shipping was $980.

Included 8 bus bars and screws.

Very happy...would order again without hesitation. :)

THANKS to everyone here (especially Steve) for the info that lead me to this deal!!

My 8 Xuba 280ah cells arrived today. All in perfect shape, and are clearly new. Each cell measured 3.276 or 3.275.

Timeline
March 13th - Ordered
March 19th - Shipped via 'SEA' (Saved me $100+)
April 21th - Fedex delivered to my house in NC. No additional charges required

My total cost with SEA shipping was $980.

Included 8 bus bars and screws.

Very happy...would order again without hesitation. :)

THANKS to everyone here (especially Steve) for the info that lead me to this deal!!

Great news! I will update this thread when mine arrive. Very glad to hear of your easy deal!

I have just asked a quotation to Europe (Portugal), I also got a good price around 960 USD. Shipping by Sea + Train.
Wan Amy assured that Customs Taxes was included. Can it be trusted? Anyone from Europe that has ordered before?
One thing that I not 100% comfortable is that all discussion has been made inside Alibaba site and not by e-mail. Is this normal?

I have just asked a quotation to Europe (Portugal), I also got a good price around 960 USD. Shipping by Sea + Train.
Wan Amy assured that Customs Taxes was included. Can it be trusted? Anyone from Europe that has ordered before?
One thing that I not 100% comfortable is that all discussion has been made inside Alibaba site and not by e-mail. Is this normal?
Yes it is normal for internal messenger because it can be used to cover your ass if something goes wrong. IE a vendor says cells are Grade-A in messenger and you get Grade-V junk you have them on it...

EU is Duty & Tax Paid. There are a few exception but they are not EU Member States though.

I ordered 8x280Ah cells to Ireland.
661.36 USD the cells + 330.68 shipping by sea, tax included. Make sure you have "DDP" set as your trade terms in Alibaba.

Didn't get them yet but should be all good.

What method of payment are you guys using?

Bank transfer. You can choose between Euro to a bank in Germany or USD to a bank in Singapore. I paid in Euro, it seems the mark up for the currency conversion was about 10Euro. Still saved about 25 compared to credit card, it took about 2 days to get processed.

A benefit of CC is the added protection but you're covered by Alibaba as well and I had some added trust in Xuba because of this Forum.

What method of payment are you guys using?
I used a Capital 1 MasterCard. Like some others using a Cap 1 CC, I had the window switch to Cap 1, who text'd me a code to enter, to prove I was ordering the stuff. Then it switched back to Alibaba and my order went thru approved. At that point only Cap 1 knew my cell number tied to that CC account. The text also said no one from Cap 1 would call and ask for that code #. Others here had the same thing happen, but some others did not have that happen. YMMV.....

Kind of undecided between Xuba and Dongguan... the later gave me better quote, but Amy has been great... any thoughts to help me "tie-break" ?

Back