diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

I've designed some cell spacers for these cells. They're designed to allow for buildings packs by locking the cells together and also providing a 10mm spacing between each cell to allow for ventilation. The only issue is that I don't have these cells yet so I've had to guess the dimensions. If someone can provide dimensions so I can complete the design, I'd really appreciate it.

Ideally I'd like the following measurements:
  1. outer dimensions (I got the current dimensions off Alibaba but they may be incorrect)
  2. centres of the terminals in relation to the edges of the cell
  3. diameter of the raised terminals
You can view the cell spacers here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4307945

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 1.56.23 am.png

Your keyed design makes for a very flexible installation. It would be great if the ends were keyed too.

I've designed some cell spacers for these cells. They're designed to allow for buildings packs by locking the cells together and also providing a 10mm spacing between each cell to allow for ventilation. The only issue is that I don't have these cells yet so I've had to guess the dimensions. If someone can provide dimensions so I can complete the design, I'd really appreciate it.

1. outer dimensions (I got the current dimensions off Alibaba but they may be incorrect)

Same thread post #551 and #553 to name a few.

Easy to add those, I'll do it tomorrow.
I would have at least 2 different files for the printer, probably 4. The outer edges don't need the dovetails and just add extra work and use extra material for the printer. You could draw out a pattern and then say you need so many of X1, X2, X3, and X4. It would depend on how many cells in the pack and which orientation you want them in. There is a limited number of variations for a 4, 8, or 16 cell pack, that make sense to use..

I would have at least 2 different files for the printer, probably 4. The outer edges don't need the dovetails and just add extra work and use extra material for the printer. You could draw out a pattern and then say you need so many of X1, X2, X3, and X4. It would depend on how many cells in the pack and which orientation you want them in. There is a limited number of variations for a 4, 8, or 16 cell pack, that make sense to use..

If you click on the link provided there's different versions for the ends which don't have interlinks.

Been trying to find the dimension of this battery and have not found it. The only thing I found was shipping measurements.

Greg

Thank you. Just after I posted this Amy came online and answered. She said right now that sea was the best option because air is getting slow. Waiting on her to give me a price on 12 pcs both air and sea.

Greg

Thank you. Just after I posted this Amy came online and answered. She said right now that sea was the best option because air is getting slow. Waiting on her to give me a price on 12 pcs both air and sea.

Greg
Tell Amy that IMO, their packing of my cells was Grade A #1, as was the boxes they used.

Amy is writting up my order now. $1429 for 12pcs shipping to my door. Mentioned is forum and she is trowing in double buss bars and screws. So I get 840ah will still need a bms and other odds and ends for a bit more than 1 Battleborn. What a deal. The box in my 5th Wheel RV will fit all these very nicely.

Greg

View attachment 11655
If you flip the dovetails on one end would it help make it easier to turn batteries around when configuring in parallel or serial? Just a thought. Nice design.

If you flip the dovetails on one end would it help make it easier to turn batteries around when configuring in parallel or serial? Just a thought. Nice design.
These look nice but I don't think I can use them in the box I have. What are the length and wideth of these? My grandson has a 3d printer.

Greg

Your keyed design makes for a very flexible installation. It would be great if the ends were keyed too.

I've updated the design to include dovetails/interlinks on all sides. I've done away with doing flat ends because it would mean too many variations of the design at this point. Can do this later if/when I get accurate dimensions.

I still really need accurate dimensions for the following:
  1. centres of the terminals in relation to the edges of the cell - need accurate dimensions here, there was an earlier post with rough dimensions which doesn't help when doing 3D designs.
  2. centre-to-centre dimensions of the terminals
I've based the design on 72mm wide, 174mm long. Allowed 0.5mm tolerance for dovetails.

STL's available on thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4307945

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.54.10 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 1.02.37 pm.png

These look nice but I don't think I can use them in the box I have. What are the length and wideth of these? My grandson has a 3d printer.

Greg

Dimensions are above (based on dimensions provided by the Alibaba listing. By using these, they will allow a 10mm gap between each cell for ventilation. These cells should be ventilated for both performance and longevity, especially if you're planning on running large loads from them.

I've updated the design to include dovetails/interlinks on all sides. I've done away with doing flat ends because it would mean too many variations of the design at this point. Can do this later if/when I get accurate dimensions.

I still really need accurate dimensions for the following:
  1. centres of the terminals in relation to the edges of the cell - need accurate dimensions here, there was an earlier post with rough dimensions which doesn't help when doing 3D designs.
I've based the design on 72mm wide, 174mm long. Allowed 0.5mm tolerance for dovetails.

STL's available on thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4307945

View attachment 11718

View attachment 11719
I gave the best I could do with the equipment I have. But even with my Mitutoyo 6" digital calipers set to mm. it's gonna be a rough estimate where exactly the center of the terminals is. I can guesstimate off the cross of the screws heads. But I won't promise it's an exact measurement. I can lay a straight edge against the side to get that part pretty close.

Dimensions are above (based on dimensions provided by the Alibaba listing. By using these, they will allow a 10mm gap between each cell for ventilation. These cells should be ventilated for both performance and longevity, especially if you're planning on running large loads from them.
What are you considering a large load? 140A is still just 0.5 C load/charge. I can say pumping 35A into them didn't even make them feel warm.

What are you considering a large load? 140A is still just 0.5 C load/charge. I can say pumping 35A into them didn't even make them feel warm.

If the cells are packed next to one another, the aluminium will act as a heat sink and absorb all the thermal energy from all the adjoining cells. The more thermal energy one can dissipate through passive or active ventilation, the better for the battery. The battery will perform better and last longer at its nominal temperature range.

Since my project is based on 45 of these in 3x 15s3p packs in parallel which my inverters can draw up to ~600A total if I happen to lose the grid, I want to try and avoid as many potential thermal issues I can. Even in smaller load scenarios, removing thermal energy through passive dissipation would be advisable if you want to get the most out of these cells.

I gave the best I could do with the equipment I have. But even with my Mitutoyo 6" digital calipers set to mm. it's gonna be a rough estimate where exactly the center of the terminals is. I can guesstimate off the cross of the screws heads. But I won't promise it's an exact measurement. I can lay a straight edge against the side to get that part pretty close.

Digital callipers will be perfect for getting dimensions - I can add a little wiggle room in my designs. Are you able to provide the dimensions I asked for? I did go back to the previous posts but I was struggling to understand some of the measurements and I think I need additional measurements such as the diameter of the terminals (and if they're the same diameter). These are the dimensions I need:

3. diameter of the raised terminals (check to see if they're the same diameter)

Back