diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

Good luck. I ordered 8-280ah LiFePo4 batteries on April 5, DDP shipping by sea, and I'm still waiting for mine to clear customs and show up on the Fed Ex tracker for delivery to Michigan. Amy has been good about communicating, but I'm getting a little concerned. It's been 6 weeks so far.
I'm in the same position. I ordered around the same time and it's been in US customs for 2-3 weeks.

I'm sure its because it has to sit for a few weeks in quarantine. Tried to pay for a set of 16 last night , but its clunky to purchase..
A little patience. Amy went to bed 1/2 hour ago (00:20 hrs her time). Big Time Difference, for me in EST it's 12 hours.
Customs and shipper's are all backlogged and working overtime with reduced staffing, this of course affects all shipments and deliveries too.
Methods of shipment are also all affected too to varying degrees as well.
Couriers & Post Offices worldwide are basically stating they are carrying Christmas Level Packages but without the usual seasonal casual employees to help with the load of parcels being processed which is also putting strain on everything.

Forgive my ignorance....is there some level of tracking I am missing that shows it is stuck in customs ?
I've asked Amy twice for a status, and the first time (2.5 weeks ago) she mentioned it was in customs, but didn't say how long it had been there. Maybe even longer then 3 weeks. You didn't miss anything. Prior to it getting through customs all you can do is ask Amy.

I've asked Amy twice for a status, and the first time (2.5 weeks ago) she mentioned it was in customs, but didn't say how long it had been there. Maybe even longer then 3 weeks. You didn't miss anything. Prior to it getting through customs all you can do is ask Amy.
Thanks....I won't bother her. Im about 2 weeks behind you. Or I might be at the same place as yours with the delay ;)

Reporting my ongoing experience with Xuba:
So I was about to pull the trigger with Xuba for around 50 cells (mostly 280's some 120's also); a friend of mine and I will split.
Unfortunately, the price that I had previously been quoted for 1 cbm DDP was not honored.
Price went up 30%+ higher. Amy explained to me that it's her shipper who is not honoring the price they previously quoted.
I doubt this will affect most of you in Europe or the US but the shipper seems quite dodgy to the Philippines. He also quoted to Amy a crazy price to ship the items to my house (instead of metro manila area). Amy agreed it seemed high (2 hour drive and they wanted to charge me what a driver makes here in 15 days of work now). The shipper told Amy costs have gone up since they made the quote but really diesel fuel is at a historic low here and people are desperate to work so I'm not buying the "costs increased line".

Don't read this post wrong; I'm not bashing Xuba or their cells, just if you're in the Philippines you may need to pay a high shipping with a dubious shipper; Lower price of course than the guys in the US will pay for sure but we are right next door to china over here so usually stuff isn't so expensive to ship here.
Dongguan quoted me a super low price by air for a smaller quantity of these same "Eve" cells (40 cells x 280) but I'd have to handle tax on my end which is a risky business here; you never know if you'll get an honest customs broker or one who is "hungry" [corrupt] as they say in Tagalog. Only Xuba has been able to even give me a DDP quote.
Still for $159 to send 200kg (just 40 x 280 cells) by plane (Dungguan) I'm inclined to take the customs risk... Pretty incredible to have them in 5 days instead of 25.

I told Amy I want to buy from Xuba but I don't want to use that shipper as I don't like to deal with those who don't honor their bids. I'd rather pay more to go with a different shipper b/c who knows what else will happen. She's looking for other shippers so who knows; I may still go with Xuba.
Hope to have cells on the way next week we'll see what happens.
Just ordered an inverter yesterday whoa!

Reporting my ongoing experience with Xuba:
So I was about to pull the trigger with Xuba for around 50 cells (mostly 280's some 120's also); a friend of mine and I will split.
Unfortunately, the price that I had previously been quoted for 1 cbm DDP was not honored.
Price went up 30%+ higher. Amy explained to me that it's her shipper who is not honoring the price they previously quoted.
I doubt this will affect most of you in Europe or the US but the shipper seems quite dodgy to the Philippines. He also quoted to Amy a crazy price to ship the items to my house (instead of metro manila area). Amy agreed it seemed high (2 hour drive and they wanted to charge me what a driver makes here in 15 days of work now). The shipper told Amy costs have gone up since they made the quote but really diesel fuel is at a historic low here and people are desperate to work so I'm not buying the "costs increased line".

Don't read this post wrong; I'm not bashing Xuba or their cells, just if you're in the Philippines you may need to pay a high shipping with a dubious shipper; Lower price of course than the guys in the US will pay for sure but we are right next door to china over here so usually stuff isn't so expensive to ship here.
Dongguan quoted me a super low price by air for a smaller quantity of these same "Eve" cells (40 cells x 280) but I'd have to handle tax on my end which is a risky business here; you never know if you'll get an honest customs broker or one who is "hungry" [corrupt] as they say in Tagalog. Only Xuba has been able to even give me a DDP quote.
Still for $159 to send 200kg (just 40 x 280 cells) by plane (Dungguan) I'm inclined to take the customs risk... Pretty incredible to have them in 5 days instead of 25.

I told Amy I want to buy from Xuba but I don't want to use that shipper as I don't like to deal with those who don't honor their bids. I'd rather pay more to go with a different shipper b/c who knows what else will happen. She's looking for other shippers so who knows; I may still go with Xuba.
Hope to have cells on the way next week we'll see what happens.
Just ordered an inverter yesterday whoa!
Remember that while COVID is creating many issues through the crisis, so are Politicians, I may be wrong but didn't Duerte of the Philippines just have some sort of meltdown against China and made threats or something ? If more Duties, Taxes, or Levies have been added then that would certainly add to the costs. Also since COVID went big everywhere Shipping costs for all of us have gone up, we have seen jumps for deliveries by various couriers even here in Canada. Everything from Battery Cells to just electronics boards I have ordered in the past 2 months have had increased shipping costs. If only everyone could play nice for a change, especially when so much is screwed up, we ALL need to pull together everywhere to clobber this Covid Crisis.

NO Xuba BATTERIES 44 days into shipping via sea to California: I ordered March 30, 2020 from Xuba for 8 x 3.2v LiFePO4 280 Ah Batteries. They shipped out April 13, 2020 from China. I got a FexEx tracking number (filed early before received in USA) for the truck delivery to my door. I made sure the sales contract showed shipper handling all customs with my possible customs cost = $0.0. Also, registed w fedEx number to get notice of shipment, including expected delivery, and all updates (Nothing YET).

I know I took a risk ordering during Coronavirus challenge, while reading California shipping ports were and are functioning at lower volumes. I wondering how much long I might give this order before I request a refund; plus protest the charge at my USA credit card payment source. I sure would like to see a sign my battery order reached FedEx. I hope it does soon. If I do get FedEx info. of shipment on it way, I will post that information here in this forum.

Tomorrow will be full 45 days since my order shows as shipped from China. Wonder if that is a record?

Last edited:
I asked allot of questions before ordering my 8 * 3.2v 280Ah LiFePO4 set from Xuba for delivery to California USA. I was concerned about a possible hassle at customs, and wanted to clarify the seller was handling all USA customs hoop jumps and fees (DDP are the intials I believe stand for that concept). I asked Wau Amy if I could share some of her answers to me, with this forum: Back then April 2, 2020 ... she wrote:

Wan Amy2020-04-02 : About the information you want to share, I would like to clarify two points:

1. Only shipping by sea to the United States has DDP, door-to-door, including tax Channels. Shipping by sea to other countries needs to go to the destination port for customs clearance and pick up the goods by themselves or the customs clearance company, and also needs to pay the destination port fee.

(and the other point/ through a customer feedback was UPS Airfreight ... could work too, but you get bill for USA duty tax (going by my memory here/ do not have easy copy paste for that part)

I wonder if that all known for batteries heading to other countries/ / or if this has changed any? And How is Customs handled in Canada or Costa Rica ??? just wondering ... Does anyone else care to clarify how the the customs hoop jump works when buying Xuba's batteries? If so, I am interested in learning more about that, including for my other home base in Costa Rica.

Last edited:
NO Xuba BATTERIES 44 days into shipping via sea to California: I ordered March 30, 2020 from Xuba for 8 x 3.2v LiFePO4 280 Ah Batteries. They shipped out April 13, 2020 from China. I got a FexEx tracking number (filed early before received in USA) for the truck delivery to my door. I made sure the sales contract showed shipper handling all customs with my possible customs cost = $0.0. Also, registed w fedEx number to get notice of shipment, including expected delivery, and all updates (Nothing YET).

I know I took a risk ordering during Coronavirus challenge, while reading California shipping ports were and are functioning at lower volumes. I wondering how much long I might give this order before I request a refund; plus protest the charge at my USA credit card payment source. I sure would like to see a sign my battery order reached FedEx. I hope it does soon. If I do get FedEx info. of shippment on it way, I will post that information here in this forum.

Tomorrow will be full 45 days since my order shows as shipped from China. Wonder if that is a record?
I'm in exactly the same boat (no pun intended). I ordered 8-280ah batteries on April 5 and they shipped out on April 13, 2020. Still waiting for Fed Ex to activate 38 days after shipping.

I'm in exactly the same boat (no pun intended). I ordered 8-280ah batteries on April 5 and they shipped out on April 13, 2020. Still waiting for Fed Ex to activate 38 days after shipping.
Well how about that that. Within minutes of writing my previous post, FedEx tracking just went live on my shipment of 8-280ah batteries in Carson, CA. Expected delivery date of May 29. Very excited to finish my project!!!

My tracking just went live a few minutes ago!!!
WOW, ... Mine did too. 44 Days after shipped from China. Wonder if that is a record. It is during our Coronavirus Challenge Curve.

My FedEx email says: Scheduled delivery: Wed, 5/27/2020 by end of day
Number of pieces: 2
Total shipment weight: 93.20 lb.

YEHHHHH !!! Hope to test 8 batteries for Capacity soon, and report back here. Hope the stuff I ordered earlier on Alibabaexpress (as a starter lesson before big battery order) ... get here/ but I already asked for refund on a battery charger that was way overdue. I am now crossing my fingers on that fan / heat sink w meter attached way of checking battery capacity (that Will P turned many of us on to) arrives soon too. That would all make ordering from China doable again in some future.

Wow! Thanks, that brings it down to close to $100/kwh then :)
Re: $400 shipping/ for another reference: My March 30, 2020 Xuba order for 8 3.2v 280 Ah cells had a DDP sea freight fee of $332. DDP means the seller handles customs and custom duties etc. I specified I wanted UPS or FedEx arranged for delivery to my door in Northern California because I want a dependble tracking system option. I got a FedEx shipping number before my batteries were transferred to a China shipper on April 13. I just got a notice 44 days after that from FedEx, showing my battery order is finally on its' ground route to my door.( You have to sign up at FedEx or UPS with your shipping # to get those notices/ as many of us already know).

I asked allot of questions before ordering my 8 * 3.2v 280Ah LiFePO4 set from Xuba for delivery to California USA. I was concerned about a possible hassle at customs, and wanted to clarify the seller was handling all USA customs hoop jumps and fees (DDP are the intials I believe stand for that concept). I asked Wau Amy if I could share some of her answers to me, with this forum: Back then April 2, 2020 ... she wrote:

Wan Amy2020-04-02 : About the information you want to share, I would like to clarify two points:

1. Only shipping by sea to the United States has DDP, door-to-door, including tax Channels. Shipping by sea to other countries needs to go to the destination port for customs clearance and pick up the goods by themselves or the customs clearance company, and also needs to pay the destination port fee.

(and the other point/ through a customer feedback was UPS Airfreight ... could work too, but you get bill for USA duty tax (going by my memory here/ do not have easy copy paste for that part)

I wonder if that all known for batteries heading to other countries/ / or if this has changed any? And How is Customs handled in Canada or Costa Rica ??? just wondering ... Does anyone else care to clarify how the the customs hoop jump works when buying Xuba's batteries? If so, I am interested in learning more about that, including for my other home base in Costa Rica.
I bought 32 cells from Xuba delivered to Canada shipped by sea CIF, it took ~68 days, they shipped to Vancouver, had inspection of container, which added 67$ to the cost and delayed 2 weeks, then it travelled by train 3,000 km to Montreal.
Then you pay broker fee, which was good ~188$, then duty 7%, and then taxes 13%, plus your forwarding company fee, 210$ all cad$, and you arange for pick up. 225$ delivery to my door. So total 1410usd$ from Xuba to my door in Canada Ontario. So just be patient your order will arrive and it's not Amy's faults. I was quoted 25 days, it took 68days. Batteries were A1 shape and voltages of 3.29. I have no regrets.

My tracking just went live a few minutes ago!!!
Just curious, which port did they enter the US at?
Same question for Capt Bill?

General location for both of Y'all, too. Don't need to be exact, just an idea how they're shipping goes.

Just curious, which port did they enter the US at?
Same question for Capt Bill?

General location for both of Y'all, too. Don't need to be exact, just an idea how they're shipping goes.
FedEx tracking went live in Carson, CA a few hours ago. Shipping to me in Southern Michigan with an estimated delivery date of May 29.

FedEx tracking went live in Carson, CA a few hours ago. Shipping to me in Southern Michigan with an estimated delivery date of May 29.
My Air shipment came in thru LAX and Carson, CA should be either Port of Los Angeles or Port of Long Beach. They sit side by side in physical location.

Back