diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

i thougt the screw was an M4, so a drilled my copper bus bar to 4.2mm but when i received the batteries, i had to redrill everything to 5mm.
so i think it is M5 screws,
the aluminium circle to make contact is about 18mm.
Now that changes things. I thought originally that the terminals are M4, based on the old PDF I had, but looks like the new ones are M6. Now you are telling us that 5mm holes in bus bars worked for you? Something is not right here....

INFO for Australians / New Zealander's

I was in chat with Amy @ my 3:30AM and mentioned how several folks from down under are dismayed by S&H costs, they are shocking IMO... She said that this is not within their control as the various couriers set their rates. Now she did say, that shipping by Sea is much cheaper but can take longer for obvious reasons. If you really need them fast then your stuck but if time is no problem, Sea may be an option. I imagine this applies to everything coming out of China but these batteries being so heavy, it just plain & simply SUX.

Form the current Spec Sheet.
Remark: The pole is a double aluminum pole structure. The internal screw with size M6 is used in the poles. The anti-torsion of pole is 8Nm. The torsion should be less than 8Nm when used. The effective thread hole depth is 6mm.

i will measure the screw to make sure when back at home, but definitely , it is not M4

i will measure the screw to make sure when back at home, but definitely , it is not M4
Please do, It's most likely M6, as I don't think they would have gone from M4 to M6 in 1mm increments and finding out M5 is still not enough :cool:

measured the screw, it is 5.9 mm diameter. so i think we say it is M6 equivalent to a #13

Yes the screws were listed incorrectly on the battery spec sheets

mine are also M6 and only 10mm deep. very shallow hole. I had ordered all my M4 hardware while waiting and you guessed it. I have a lot of M4 screws now in my bucket of old bolts. oh well.

INFO for Australians / New Zealander's

I was in chat with Amy @ my 3:30AM and mentioned how several folks from down under are dismayed by S&H costs, they are shocking IMO... She said that this is not within their control as the various couriers set their rates. Now she did say, that shipping by Sea is much cheaper but can take longer for obvious reasons. If you really need them fast then your stuck but if time is no problem, Sea may be an option. I imagine this applies to everything coming out of China but these batteries being so heavy, it just plain & simply SUX.

I have been quoted $299 for 50pc to Brisbane.

Seems reasonable to me for 275kg.

There is clearance to pay this end too though.

Jimmy

Last edited:

Jimmy
$299 USD or AUS Dollars? My shipping was quoted as $171 USD to Washington DC area.

I'm visiting in Perth for a month or so and was telling my buddy about this.

Jimmy
That's more than reasonable. I paid more than $400 shipping for 8 pieces and I don't complain, overall it is still a great price.

I ordered 8 pcs from Xuba Sunday of the 280ah batteries after reading all of this thread. Hoping the packaging is good as in the pictures I've seen.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread for all the info and helping me find this great source.

Amy was the best helping me complete my order on a Sunday after getting home from taking her daughter to the park....

total cost was 1060.00 shipped to Las Vegas..

If I would have bought Battleborns it would cost over $6,000.00 for this much kwh... I,m stoked

New to the forum,
Just to follow this topic.

Waiting for my own quotation, but really curious how the quality of the product turn put to be.
On dutch television we had a lot of programs about crappy and unsafe batteries from china. Powerbanks exploding, etc.

Looking forward to see you findings

New to the forum,
Just to follow this topic.

Waiting for my own quotation, but really curious how the quality of the product turn put to be.
On dutch television we had a lot of programs about crappy and unsafe batteries from china. Powerbanks exploding, etc.

Looking forward to see you findings
I completely understand, TBH I'm kind of on the same boat, it still seems too good to be true to have a 24V / 280Ah battery for $1100 (especially with this chemistry) . So far I'm really satisfied with the process, but the ultimate test will be when the cells arrive and I put them to work.

Well my first batch arrived nearly a month ago and tested as aggressively as Will does. I have all the test bench equipment, They all had a capacity between 97-104% and have been working to spec. I have 8 in my hands and another 12 shipped 3 days ago.

Back