diy solar

diy solar

XW Pro Grid Support limitations?

All the neutrals for AC1, AC2 & Load are hard wired together at the terminal block, that never changes. We are only talking about there potentially being a relay that makes or breaks a connection between N-G so unless there was a ground fault somewhere, your system would work normally with or without a N-G connection.
Right, my mistake. I think the other portion of my post is still valid. The XW doesn't have the capability to and never will bond ground to neutral.

So, if you were charging with just L1 and L2, and never even connected the N, it would charge fine, but you'd lose all 120V circuits on pass through during the charge, or would the internal wizards throw a fit?
If you only connected L1 and L2 with no neutral, I would expect the XW-Pro would never qualify the input as good power and it would leave the input contactor open, the neutral connected to the transformer center tap, and it would stay running off grid. And in that case, it would not be able to charge from the grid power.

If the neutral ground bond did hold it stable enough to read as the AC input as "qualified", it may try to connect, but as soon as there is any unbalanced load on the system, it would fault and drop off grid again.

Back