diy solar

diy solar

20K users imminent!

HOLY COW!!!

Amazing :)
Not really that amazing... this site ROCKS! And keeping out advertising and argumentative postings really helps build a solid site.
Not to mention the brains here willing and able to help all of us out of jams.

it will likely grow beyond 10Million members in the near future.

Great News !
Yeah a server might get warranted soon, there are times when the site gets quite "Laggy" but it's not terrible yet.
I also leave "breadcrumbs" to this site on other sites & forums too which get's people looking in this direction too...
Every Solar Install is a win for ALL.

Great News !
Yeah a server might get warranted soon, there are times when the site gets quite "Laggy" but it's not terrible yet.
I also leave "breadcrumbs" to this site on other sites & forums too which get's people looking in this direction too...
Going by server stats, it seems fine. Could it possibly be your internet connection?

Great News !
FireShot Capture 1132 - PageSpeed Insights - developers.google.com.png

The only time I've ever seen a "lag" seems to correlate to the appearance of obviously unrelated spam posts. I'd suspect that there are times when you admins have had to take steps to fight off "attacks" from bots, etc... Normal day to day use seems very good.

@Will Prowse congrats on 25K!

fwiw i’ve been experiencing intermittent large delays in page loads, starting about a week or two ago. like 5-10 seconds for forum home to load. each time i open a new tab and other pages load in <1 second each time. i do this open new tab load unrelated website test to probe if it’s my local connection to outside world. hope this debug info helps. cheers!

I can't replicate the issue and I'm not even remotely close to the server. I'll try to check with a script on a 24h basis to see if I can find anything...

Going by server stats, it seems fine. Could it possibly be your internet connection?
Wasn't my web connection, everything else was opening fine without delay or issues.
I posted a response in a thread and then when I hit "What's New" the iconless textless page appeared which would not correct until I restarted Edge. Yet other sites were opening without issue.

There are just occasional times when the site is Laggy but it typically isn't bad at all.

A quick graph of a request and load of the index (over SSL) to diysolarforum.com for the past 24 hours at 10 minute interval. X axis is time in ms. Y axis is just request number. There is one notable spike, but this could be due to this being run just from my home network, and even that is only slightly over 4 seconds. As I mentioned, I'm not exactly close to the server; my ping is typically around 200ms.

I'll let the script run for another 24 hours at least to see if anything noteworthy pops up.

chart.png

if you can share more info about the script i'm happy to run it at my location for a short period of time (less than 2 days) to evaluate location dependence aspect. e.g. using SSL more representative of browser.

Back