diy solar

diy solar

32x Shenzhen Luyuan (Amy) LF280K Cells - Test Results

mlebs

Just got my test results from Amy (see attached) for 32x LF280K Cells. I honestly don't know exactly what I'm looking at. Do the results seem within reason?

Attachments

• 32x LF280K Testing Results.JPG
    32x LF280K Testing Results.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 179
Well, I see four positives. Firstly, you have a test report for reference. Secondly, you have EVE serial numbers for the cells which is a good sign they are grade A cells with original QR code. Thirdly, all the cells test higher than their rated capacity which is a good indication of brand new cells which usually test higher for the first few cycles. And lastly all the cells internal resistance are below what it should be ≤25mΩ as per datasheet. And also seems like all the cells are matched and balanced (internal resistance and voltage). So looks pretty good. Just wait for another confirmation :)

We need more description of the columns.
I suspect those are voltage and internal resistance over a time period to measure self discharge.
Makes a huge difference if its over 4 minutes or 4 weeks.

Reactions: Dzl
Have you got also a test report about the circumstance during the test ?

These are grade b cells for sure cause they spread all across the board but do not reach the level of an A grade cell.
You need to know at what temperature they had been measured cause if they test that in a well heated room or a closed room that is only charging and discharging you might get 28°C which will deliver 10 Ah more compared to a 20°C room you might test them.

The capacity depends on room temperature. The Eve LF280K looses about 4,6% from 25°C to 10°C so about 14 Ah and roughly 10% from 10°C to 0°C.

If you have a used or grade b cell how would you test that if you wanna sell it for highest price?
just at more than 25°C cause above that the capacity does not raise anymore.

So a used battery can be tested with the capacity of a brand new one if you simply preheat the battery cause EVE has a lower temperature for capacity measuring.

This is another example for fake cell deals, which means a used one or a grade b cell that did not pass.

How are you so sure about the grade B?

Luyuan is one of the few I know who are actually selling genuine EVE cells with the reports included.

These are (Should) be the cells with the double M6 terminal (Since thats the only terminal EVE directly provides)

While I do agree with your post about the quality control situations, i'm curious how you can assure by just a single screenshot they are 100% fake cells.

REPLACED RESPONSE with Proper Posting for ALL to see.

Last edited:
For genuine EVE cells ordered from the EVE factory we get usually a report that is coloured and in case of a set of 16 or 32 usually all come from 1 production date or at least 2 consecutive ones - even those sold by EVE germany do arrive here as a batch from one production day and not spread over 1 month or 30 days!

I had downloaded the JPG, had let run that jpg through a mass serial / QR decoder that optical recognices each cell serial into txt and then checks each cell serial for prodcution date. That batch job had shown 2 major things with the long production period and a few cells with serial issues that I had to check later manually where the google api had made recognition mistakes for example between Q and 0.

If you order from the manufacturer EVE you will get 1 batch of cells from the assembly line in a batch of serial numbers. But to avoid the serial number discussion and how that looks like it is a lot easier to focus on the production dates.

In this case here these are not as usual wide spreading across a year, but at least over a month from end of november to end of december.

This is the major indicator that these are not automotive grade tested cells , but somehow sorted out for several reasons which are explained by eve in their famous document incl. pictures. This delivery feels like a typical - now B marked - non A grade cell series even though most likely one of the better ones depending on the fact, if they delivered that capacity as shown or promised in the picture.

Grade A cells show far more consistent capacity results closer to each other and overall a bit higher - at least those we had gotten.

Do you believe in a selection of 32 single picked cells from over a month production?
But of cause chinese living costs and labor costs are so cheap that EVE does not ship such a 32 batch of LF280K directly from the assembly line with the final quality control incl. the famous automotive grade test to the customer, no they sort them out and store them carefully just to pick them up once Jenny calls she has an order for 32 cells ?

Why don't you simply open a claim in your domestic EVE facility and ask them.
They will be very reluctant to tell you any details for any of these cells once they have checked where you had bought them once you had given them the serials, especially regarding the topic warranty.
That is quite the opposite to what we had faced when we had asked for a particular cell which had been built into a car - not a chinese, but a german one cause they are top tier suppliers where we did not get any answer for those Alibaba cells except a small hint why we had not purchased from the EVE Alibaba store which would not have been much more expensive but with a full waranty.

Just to make it clear before you wanna dream on your dream of a quality selection.
A battery cell production is a mass production of millions nowadays to get gigawatthour production figures that EVE produces with an installed capacity of over 5 GWh in 2022 which equals 5 Mio. kWh or roughly 5 million of these LF 280K if they would only produce LF 280 K batteries. To be more realistic let's assume a 12 Mio cell production for an average 140 Ah cell. 12 Mio battery cells would mean for a 247 production 1 Mio. a month and daily 32.500 cells

But EVE and Luyuan are so great that they instead pick just

1 cell from
  • November 27th
  • December 16th
  • December 20th
  • December 24th
  • December 26th and
2 to 4 cells from
  • December 22nd
  • December 25th
  • December 23rd
  • December 26th but
8 or 10 cells from December 16th and 18th

or 32 cells from 11 production days over 1 month out of 1 million cells produced
?

Therefore I doubt that these are automotive grade cells due to the crazy selection of production days: 32 hand selected out of 1 million

Yes, AMG Mercedes hand hand assembled engines and the engine worker signed each one he had build back in the days, but he did not pick 1 out of 10.000 machines to make it an AMG Mercedes.

Finally we also had faced issues with Luyuan deliveries here regarding quality, I mean beyond shipping quality, cause the cells had been underperforming and the capacity test figures had never been explained cause you can simply heat the room up a bit and then start the capacity test. You will get 4,6% more just by heating up from 10°C to 25°C and a bad looking cell with 275 Ah capacity at 10°C will become the shiny master once tested at 25°C delivering astonishing 287 Ah. Nothing new, nothing special, cause every EV owner knows the influence of temperature on his range and so you do not even have to fake such a capacity report, you simply keep the secret that the capcity is running in a warm or hot environment - which they might call doping but here would be called fraud. The 4,6% capacity loss from 25°C to 10°C and another 9% from 10°C to 0°C is based on the documents provided by eve with genuine cells.

Finally here are the production dates sorted as in the source picture as attachment.
And could be that the android app will be released soon with the feautre of batch qr code or serial number recognition (you have 16 pictures of bar codes or one picture like above with serials only).
That being said does not mean that the delivered cells are bad, or even good. Only that they are no automotive grade cells. But let us hear what wonderfull test results the owner has gotten from the delivery back then and how close his test results had been to the Luyuan or EVE ones hopefully testet with the 0,5 C rating or 140A discharge rate that EVE mentions in their papers.

Attachments

• Luyuan-LF280K-ProdDates(32).txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 9
How are you so sure about the grade B?

Luyuan is one of the few I know who are actually selling genuine EVE cells with the reports included.

These are (Should) be the cells with the double M6 terminal (Since thats the only terminal EVE directly provides)

While I do agree with your post about the quality control situations, i'm curious how you can assure by just a single screenshot they are 100% fake cells.
Do you believe that a majestic wizard is waiting at the assembly line for over 1 month just to pick over 11 days the 32 cells for 1 order out of 1 million produced cells in that 1 months ?

The EVE production is a mass production of more than 30.000 cells a day so you will for sure be able to get 32 of them in a row and put them into boxes to ship the order.

These cells did not make it as automotive grade cells and were most likely sold over auctions into the chinese dealer shark tank as usual. Nowadays we would see the B mark on all of these cells. I have written more about the details and the production cell of each cell cause we have to use mass checking methods to get it done and avoid complaints later on which I had done for this delivery.

Not automotive grade does not mean bad cells, but it depends on what he had gotten delivered and what he had measured on his bench with the test procedures described by EVE and that means in particular for these cells 0,5 C discharging or 140 A which means 30 minutes test time, not 40A discharge rate cause then the capacity increases significantly due to test method changes and will overcompensate the real performance. EVE measures the LF280 K with 0,5C - not with 1C like the previous LF280.

Please see My Response linked Above.

2) Not all Cells within a Production Batch make it to Grade-A and that is typical of EVERY Manufacturer and NOT Unique to EVE, CATL, or Lishen etc.
3) Optimal Voltage & IR are Measured at Consistent Lab Baselines which IS 25C temp. 10C or 30C Temp of course affects the overall "Working Voltage Capacity"
4) Cells are Measured @ Working Voltage (3.000-3.400) and NOT Gross Overall Voltage of 2.500-3.650.
I have DB / Sheets with 800 Cells+ Matched Cells Shipped in one package. IF they are out of order or some sequence missing due to "fail" for a number of reasons they are removed by EVE & shipped as Bulk for less without Enhanced Terminals. (This is New) and now are also marked accrodinglingly to avoid prevent Wholesalers/Brokers from harming the company & taking advantage of clients/customers.

YES, some companies could better SORT cells to match exact Capacity AH but IF they fall within the Allowable & Acceptable "A-Series" specifications for Working Voltages they will perform within those specs. There are ALWAYS occasional Cell Drops within a Production Batch and they are omitted from the grade tables.

NB: Several Vendors takes from mixed batches or short batches with tests and they can be quite disparate, That is also a "Red Flag" which should be paid attention to.

IE I have Batteries that are Bulk & Matched from "Other" (not good) vendors that failed, YET they remain within 0.010V of each other when properly Managed & Configured, while the A-Cell Packs remain within 0.007 to 0.009 IR across the pack itself.
EVEN My Used EV LFP Cells (2 packs of 174AH) stay within 0.010Vpc within each pack.
I even use JKBMS' (B2A24S15P) all across in Parallel and ALL Packs are within 100% Spec.
I See temp swings here from -35C in Winter to +40C in Summer.

--> My Powerhouse is Highly Insulated and Heated to 15C in Winter, no Cooling is required in Summer as it maintains a MAX of 27C without active cooling due to Construction Method. Highly Insulated (XPS-2 foam) with 5"/12.7cm with thermally broken walls, Frost Protected Slab Foundation with 2"/5.08cm HD-FPSF Foam and a Roof insulated with 6"/15.2cm of PolyIso Insulation, also Thermally Broken from the exterior. Air Heated ATM but plumbed for Radiant Heating as well. This Building is also my Pump House (280'/85.3m) Well, Pump & 50Gal-US/190L Pressure tank that feeds the House.

BTW: Not only with my experiences through here. I was working very hard to set up a Battery Distributorship to leave to my children selling parts & Completed High-Quality batteries here in Canada (Certified & Tagged accordingly - what a freakin nightmare). Sadly my "time ran out" and only one daughter had interest but could not carry it through... Later Regrets for her, 1 of 5, 3 which are surviving..

Steve
PS Look at my Signature for Links.

Have you got also a test report about the circumstance during the test ?

These are grade b cells for sure cause they spread all across the board but do not reach the level of an A grade cell.
You need to know at what temperature they had been measured cause if they test that in a well heated room or a closed room that is only charging and discharging you might get 28°C which will deliver 10 Ah more compared to a 20°C room you might test them.

The capacity depends on room temperature. The Eve LF280K looses about 4,6% from 25°C to 10°C so about 14 Ah and roughly 10% from 10°C to 0°C.

If you have a used or grade b cell how would you test that if you wanna sell it for highest price?
just at more than 25°C cause above that the capacity does not raise anymore.

So a used battery can be tested with the capacity of a brand new one if you simply preheat the battery cause EVE has a lower temperature for capacity measuring.

This is another example for fake cell deals, which means a used one or a grade b cell that did not pass.
Did I talk about fake cells or B grade, as they are called by EVE for those who did not pass the automotive grade test.

Yes, you can raise the capacity by a better or more suitable ambient temperature during the discharge cycle and you can raise it by a lower drain with just 40A instead of the 140A EVE has mentioned as proper test in their document.

Ah are useless until you know the measurement details especially temperature and the ampere or C rate used?

I had been working in the automobile industry for a few year, no, better decades and the supply chain so I am a bit familiar with topic and how to deal with the non a grade parts no car maker loves to see on the grey market cause the dealer and repair shops and the reputation of the brand can rely on that.

Please see My Response linked Above.

2) Not all Cells within a Production Batch make it to Grade-A and that is typical of EVERY Manufacturer and NOT Unique to EVE, CATL, or Lishen etc.
3) Optimal Voltage & IR are Measured at Consistent Lab Baselines which IS 25C temp. 10C or 30C Temp of course affects the overall "Working Voltage Capacity"
4) Cells are Measured @ Working Voltage (3.000-3.400) and NOT Gross Overall Voltage of 2.500-3.650.
I have DB / Sheets with 800 Cells+ Matched Cells Shipped in one package. IF they are out of order or some sequence missing due to "fail" for a number of reasons they are removed by EVE & shipped as Bulk for less without Enhanced Terminals. (This is New) and now are also marked accrodinglingly to avoid prevent Wholesalers/Brokers from harming the company & taking advantage of clients/customers.

YES, some companies could better SORT cells to match exact Capacity AH but IF they fall within the Allowable & Acceptable "A-Series" specifications for Working Voltages they will perform within those specs. There are ALWAYS occasional Cell Drops within a Production Batch and they are omitted from the grade tables.

NB: Several Vendors takes from mixed batches or short batches with tests and they can be quite disparate, That is also a "Red Flag" which should be paid attention to.

IE I have Batteries that are Bulk & Matched from "Other" (not good) vendors that failed, YET they remain within 0.010V of each other when properly Managed & Configured, while the A-Cell Packs remain within 0.007 to 0.009 IR across the pack itself.
EVEN My Used EV LFP Cells (2 packs of 174AH) stay within 0.010Vpc within each pack.
I even use JKBMS' (B2A24S15P) all across in Parallel and ALL Packs are within 100% Spec.
I See temp swings here from -35C in Winter to +40C in Summer.

--> My Powerhouse is Highly Insulated and Heated to 15C in Winter, no Cooling is required in Summer as it maintains a MAX of 27C without active cooling due to Construction Method. Highly Insulated (XPS-2 foam) with 5"/12.7cm with thermally broken walls, Frost Protected Slab Foundation with 2"/5.08cm HD-FPSF Foam and a Roof insulated with 6"/15.2cm of PolyIso Insulation, also Thermally Broken from the exterior. Air Heated ATM but plumbed for Radiant Heating as well. This Building is also my Pump House (280'/85.3m) Well, Pump & 50Gal-US/190L Pressure tank that feeds the House.

BTW: Not only with my experiences through here. I was working very hard to set up a Battery Distributorship to leave to my children selling parts & Completed High-Quality batteries here in Canada (Certified & Tagged accordingly - what a freakin nightmare). Sadly my "time ran out" and only one daughter had interest but could not carry it through... Later Regrets for her, 1 of 5, 3 which are surviving..

Steve
PS Look at my Signature for Links.
The disussion was about grade a cell and I said that these must be grade B cells based on the EVE standards where every cell is now marked as B that does not passed the automotive test required.

I do not know any american car manufacturer sorting cells around to build matched packages and the main issue of this particular delivery is the missing consistency compared to those cells from the EVE manufacturer and the funny production dates across 1 months, while EVE delivers you a batch of 2 days and not 2 days over a time span.

That is all, I did not say that these are bad cells - just be carefull cause we had issues with these, of cause not with these cells in particular or a delivery with cells just 1 months old, but from that vendor.

At that time of the purchase a week before chrismas you would have paid 4400$ for these cells from EVE direct incl. ddp, which means shipping to germany and 19% VAT / sales tax in germany included - a real door to door price. And these delivered usually beyond 290 Ah, not a single one below 289,x Ah.

I had been working in the automobile industry for a few year, no, better decades and the supply chain so I am a bit familiar with topic and how to deal with the non a grade parts no car maker loves to see on the grey market cause the dealer and repair shops and the reputation of the brand can rely on that.
I have dealt with Grey Market, Clone Market, for Computer Technologies since 1989 as a Systems Engineer & Designer for the IT Sector, Including within the NATO Military Tech Work and & Federal Government Systems. So it is an old "hack" dealing with Primary Manufacturers, & Beyond from various regions globally related to that sector. You think "Auto" has been a Mine Field, you have no clue my friend. Control Data, IBM & Cray MainFrame Computer Tech to Compaq, HP, Sun, DEC to Alpha Multi-Core Super Servers (+) and Comms /Networking tech you cannot even imagine. I am STILL under Federal & International Security Restrictions (30 yr National Sec) from Travel etc due to what's inside my Eidetic Memory or Sharing detailed info about such. I retired as 1 of 7 IT Core Engineers for DND.

If you are only just figuring it out, the Battery Marketspace & Manufacturing is Evolving Globally Exponentially as one of the Fastest Industrial Sectors EVER ! This not only applies to China but EU & Beyond with the USA far behind and losing ground thanks to the Anti-Change denialists & regressive's. Just LOOK at EU and the Vast Expansion & Growth coming from "everywhere" and Domestically.

The US can thank Big Fossil (Oil/Gas/Coal and their Luddite Profiteers who have always wanted to keep "Status Quo Profit Control" who have actively been the worst Criminals against ALL of Humanity and still continue to push. THEY are also guilty of "Protecting" China's EV & Related Green-Tech growth by effectively squelching ALL Western Development to their "Desires & World Dominating/Control Profit Core".
What do you think they spent their subsidies on ?
Why do you think Russia's 47% Of Petro By-Products (not just gas/oil) affected the "Failed Globalized Market " ?
- which is hitting Everyone Everywhere regardless of Mediaganda hooey ? IT IS ALSO Hitting the Tech we are trying to outplace the Old with, food, neds and everything included.

Tsk Tsk Tsk, the Landscape Picture, not just the "Focussed Portrait" presented by Media.
As a German, You Have to appreciate Cause & Impact & Consequences.

END of this Thread for me. (no more responses)
Good Luck & Have fun with the remainder of this life.

Steve

I have dealt with Grey Market, Clone Market, for Computer Technologies since 1989 as a Systems Engineer & Designer for the IT Sector, Including within the NATO Military Tech Work and & Federal Government Systems. So it is an old "hack" dealing with Primary Manufacturers, & Beyond from various regions globally related to that sector. You think "Auto" has been a Mine Field, you have no clue my friend. Control Data, IBM & Cray MainFrame Computer Tech to Compaq, HP, Sun, DEC to Alpha Multi-Core Super Servers (+) and Comms /Networking tech you cannot even imagine. I am STILL under Federal & International Security Restrictions (30 yr National Sec) from Travel etc due to what's inside my Eidetic Memory or Sharing detailed info about such. I retired as 1 of 7 IT Core Engineers for DND.

If you are only just figuring it out, the Battery Marketspace & Manufacturing is Evolving Globally Exponentially as one of the Fastest Industrial Sectors EVER ! This not only applies to China but EU & Beyond with the USA far behind and losing ground thanks to the Anti-Change denialists & regressive's. Just LOOK at EU and the Vast Expansion & Growth coming from "everywhere" and Domestically.

The US can thank Big Fossil (Oil/Gas/Coal and their Luddite Profiteers who have always wanted to keep "Status Quo Profit Control" who have actively been the worst Criminals against ALL of Humanity and still continue to push. THEY are also guilty of "Protecting" China's EV & Related Green-Tech growth by effectively squelching ALL Western Development to their "Desires & World Dominating/Control Profit Core".
What do you think they spent their subsidies on ?
Why do you think Russia's 47% Of Petro By-Products (not just gas/oil) affected the "Failed Globalized Market " ?
- which is hitting Everyone Everywhere regardless of Mediaganda hooey ? IT IS ALSO Hitting the Tech we are trying to outplace the Old with, food, neds and everything included.

Tsk Tsk Tsk, the Landscape Picture, not just the "Focussed Portrait" presented by Media.
As a German, You Have to appreciate Cause & Impact & Consequences.

END of this Thread for me. (no more responses)
Good Luck & Have fun with the remainder of this life.

Steve
Well, wasn't this topic just about WHY these cells are NOT GRADE A cells ?

Why would EVE pick 32 single cells over 1 months out of their production line to ship them to a customer as their personal selection?

Why isn't there the original EVE cell report with the colors shown here in this video too ?

If you take it as seriously as you had mentioned then you might have gotten doubts or you agree that there is too much a bit too suspicious or to good to be true considering that genuine EVE cells from the manufacturer are why more expensive than from a no name dealer compared by the turn over ?

I had told you the warning signs and added all the data that automotive grade cells are different than these and better performing, at least in the test facilities here that are build to check the delivered quality even for homologation purposes.

I did not say that these cells are bad, but for sure grade A do leave a different impression without such question why they had been produced over a months, why they are not shipped as they had left the production line, and so on.
But of cause they had been cheaper than the EVE cells ordered from the manufacturer, but that will be a different topic cause then we touch the minefield where a lot more vendors appear with their prices and qualities.

Our american part of the family (mostly farmers) has made excellent experiences with Jenny Wu who had sold already close to 500 cells to us as a whole family of 3 generations and they were cheap and good but for sure not grade A at all, but they were a selection of the better ones for sure as we had paid for the cell test before shipping cause they later delivered as promised and are working pretty well in Illinois and Kentucky. We here got grade A from EVE and also the selection and there is a difference you can easily recognice once you check your discharging test results next to each other, but you have to know where to look - and they do reappear constantly over time , these difference, as if they would be burned into them.

And if someone want Grade A cells then the best spot to go is the manufacturer of these cells. You will have to pay but you will also get something rewarding or at least peace of mind.

Or as Frederick the Great once said: Each must live as he sees fit.

Why would EVE pick 32 single cells over 1 months out of their production line to ship them to a customer as their personal selection?
I mean, that's probably not what they are doing? Because as you pointed out, that's clearly not realistic. Your posts are really hard to follow, BTW.

I don't know exactly how Luyuan gets their batteries, but I could easily see a sequence of events where Luyuan ends up with legitimate grade A cells....

Let us imagine a scenario (making up numbers for illustrative purposes):

- EVE factory can produce (f.ex) 10,000 cells a week, but there will be a percentage (let's say 1-2%) of those that don't meet EV Grade/Grade A spec
- EVE is building batteries to supply their clients, they arent building them to just warehouse. So we could also assume that EVE has clients that have firm orders / will take delivery of the number of cells EVE predicts it will produce as EV grade. So at a max "fail" rate of 2% (per our assumption above) thats 200 cells out of 10,000 that won't be to spec, so we can assume EVE has, in the best case, firm orders for at most, 9800 cells.

I think we can agree that both of those points are fairly reasonable?

So then the next logical step is....
This week EVE has a great production run and the fail rate is only 0.5%. That means they can satisfy the 9,800 cells to their firm order clients, but now they have another 150 cells that no-one ordered or wanted - Luyuan may have a contract to buy these, and the volumes could be sufficient to satisfy Luyuans customer demand.

Right? Like I get what you are saying, but we have evidence in other threads here, that Luyuan is selling Grade A cells.

I think you're going to have to bring more to the table than "well the cells are from different batches" if you want to convince people against existing evidence that Luyuan cells are not Grade A, because as I illustrated above, that's hardly conclusive.

And if someone want Grade A cells then the best spot to go is the manufacturer of these cells. You will have to pay but you will also get something rewarding or at least peace of mind.
The problem with this is that EVE is not set up to sell to customers who only want lower volumes of cells. Someone here bought from EVE directly and their packaging is garbage for smaller orders, the cells were badly damaged. I dont know if EVE ever made it right for them.

I mean, that's probably not what they are doing? Because as you pointed out, that's clearly not realistic. Your posts are really hard to follow, BTW.

I don't know exactly how Luyuan gets their batteries, but I could easily see a sequence of events where Luyuan ends up with legitimate grade A cells....

Let us imagine a scenario (making up numbers for illustrative purposes):

- EVE factory can produce (f.ex) 10,000 cells a week, but there will be a percentage (let's say 1-2%) of those that don't meet EV Grade/Grade A spec
- EVE is building batteries to supply their clients, they arent building them to just warehouse. So we could also assume that EVE has clients that have firm orders / will take delivery of the number of cells EVE predicts it will produce as EV grade. So at a max "fail" rate of 2% (per our assumption above) thats 200 cells out of 10,000 that won't be to spec, so we can assume EVE has, in the best case, firm orders for at most, 9800 cells.

I think we can agree that both of those points are fairly reasonable?

So then the next logical step is....
This week EVE has a great production run and the fail rate is only 0.5%. That means they can satisfy the 9,800 cells to their firm order clients, but now they have another 150 cells that no-one ordered or wanted - Luyuan may have a contract to buy these, and the volumes could be sufficient to satisfy Luyuans customer demand.

Right? Like I get what you are saying, but we have evidence in other threads here, that Luyuan is selling Grade A cells.

I think you're going to have to bring more to the table than "well the cells are from different batches" if you want to convince people against existing evidence that Luyuan cells are not Grade A, because as I illustrated above, that's hardly conclusive.
Luyuan buys Direct in batches of 1000+. Grade A come off the EVE Test Racks with reports, 99% off the test rack are A. Those which are not are tagged & indicated as B. B's have Posts welded to them, while the A's have the new style since they started that. Anything that EVE determines to be C are remarked and sent to brokers who offload them to whatever vendor for CHEAP.

People are curmudgeons (many) and just want to dust up crap cause they can... and only deserve a Steel Toed Boot up the U Know What.

Many cannot see Signatures.
Follow this link

Amy's cells are great. I have 4 runner cells out of 10 batteries 160 cells. Just order an extra cell for every battery. You'll use them somewhere.

The problem with this is that EVE is not set up to sell to customers who only want lower volumes of cells. Someone here bought from EVE directly and their packaging is garbage for smaller orders, the cells were badly damaged. I dont know if EVE ever made it right for them.
We have gotten 32 cells from EVE Alibaba shop and they shipped them according to international rules pretty well packaged as all the others we had gotten before from china. They had been using the international shipping boxes and used the right declarations.
Damages during shipping happen from time to time.

All these cells arrived as a batch from the assembly line produced on the same day, not from several days over 1 month.

Damages during shipping happen from time to time.
Nah man, EVE sent with shitty packaging, they shouldn't have been so beat up. I got boxes from China with batteries from Docan and one of them was beat to shit and the batteries inside were 100% fine. Maybe if you had seen the thread you wouldn't be making excuses for them.

All these cells arrived as a batch from the assembly line produced on the same day, not from several days over 1 month.
Yeah, because you bought from EVE directly. That doesn't mean anything with regards to Luyuan, per my previous post.

Honestly at this point I'm not sure what your problem is, you're being very strange about all this and it seems like a largely imagined problem.

Wolf-gang: chill.

The original poster never said if they bought Luyuan's "Grade A" cells, or their "Non Grade A" cells. My understanding from reading Amy's posts is their "Grade A" product is the EVE certified EV grade cells. Their "Non Grade A" are the cells that did not pass EV certification. I believe EVE have started marking all cells that fail with a "B", and making no more categorization between them. Luyuan is about the only seller I've ever seen actually say there is a difference and not label everything "Grade A" (which doesn't actually exist).

If the original poster paid for the EV grade cells, I agree, this order looks wrong. But they most likely paid for "Non Grade A". In that case, the cells are sold at auction to the non-EV market and it's up to the individual seller to decide just what they will charge. My understanding is they buy them at auction around 35USD but with zero guarantees if they're getting something that barely failed, or a complete turd. A lot of the aliexpress "grade AAA++++" sellers just stick them straight in a box with a printout of random numbers and sell them. It seems to a lot of people here that Luyuan is doing a better job of sorting out the real duds and trying to send the "best of the rest" as their "Non Grade A".

Hardly anyone wants to buy EV grade cells. I'm building an EV, and I will likely not buy EV grade cells. I'll just use a bigger battery. SunFunKits sell only EV grade. They sell them at 200USD (in bulk), which fits with Luyuan's price of around 150USD plus shipping and taxes. EVE's alibaba pricing is a joke. They don't want to deal with you unless you buy pallets, in which case you would contact and negotiate. But that's what I would expect from the manufacturer. They're not into selling to small buyers.

Back