diy solar

diy solar

4s or 8s BMS for this battery

bds70

Hi,
I have been having issues with a commercially available battery and I would like to ask for some clarification.

The batteries are 12v 340ah lifepo4. Made up of 2 x 170ah cells in parallel and 4 x these mini packs in series to give the 12v/340ah finished product. They have a Daly 200a BMS internally.

Should the BMS be wired to each cell (8 wires), or to each pack (4 wires) in order to work efficiently and correctly in managing the battery?

Are these commercial available batteries Renolgy batteries?

If not, can you provide a link to the batteries in question?

Are you breaking down each battery into individual cells? Then connecting two cells in parallel? Or are leaving each 4S string connected?

If you’re leaving each 4S in its string you need to have a BMS for each string.

These are a popular Aussie brand. I won't name them yet, suffice it to say that I have had ongoing issues with them related to failure of BMS blue tooth, overcharging, capacity and charging. I am negotiating with the company to attempt to reach a resolution. I am just trying to ensure I have all the information I need so I can talk with them from a place of knowledge.

Thanks for the help.
Are these commercial available batteries Renolgy batteries?

If not, can you provide a link to the batteries in question?

Are you breaking down each battery into individual cells? Then connecting two cells in parallel? Or are leaving each 4S string connected?

If you’re leaving each 4S in its string you need to have a BMS for each string.

Back