diy solar

diy solar

6 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Should I feel regret for not waiting for a parallel version? 😢
No; I don't. Think about how much you have learned already and the fun you have had.
I just think SGPs markup is to much for the "support" they give.
I was just chatting on the baba again... SGP is paying less than $875 per unit...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240413-111051.jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-111051.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 21
I kind of do. But I need more MPPT for my new array I’m adding and I may just drop another 10k for MPPT and add my garage mini split and washing machine/dryer on that solo unit. Also have it as a backup potentially, have it on its own sub. It’s rare I go over 80% on this one unit. I don’t think parallel is going to be critical for me.

I came across them on CL about a month ago, seller wanted something ridiculous so I offered a ridiculous low ball he replied weeks later that he would take it. They are supposedly new old stock 230Ah CALB cells that have been sitting in a storage building for 2 years.
I'm just trying to get photos of the cells before I drive to NY, all I've seen are sealed boxes on a pallet.
Love this! Almost zero Lifepo4 deals locally here, but the upside is TONS of cheap solar gear. Waiting out some local CL / FB deals on lifepo4 before I make the big move and set everything up. So far I'm happily running the small 24v shed system, and getting the property ready (paint, fence, etc.) Prior to going big!

Love this! Almost zero Lifepo4 deals locally here, but the upside is TONS of cheap solar gear. Waiting out some local CL / FB deals on lifepo4 before I make the big move and set everything up. So far I'm happily running the small 24v shed system, and getting the property ready (paint, fence, etc.) Prior to going big!
I'm not giving up yet... Was supposed to go last weekend, didn't work out. Was told tomorrow morning works but no reply with a time yet.
Definitely boxes labeled CALB but didn't get photos of what's inside them.
I'll be extremely irritated if I drive 3 hours and spend ~$30 in tolls for it to be a bust, irritated enough I'll make a frustration purchase on cells online from US stock.

Attachments

• image 4.jpeg
    image 4.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 15
Well I can say the house is completely off the grid. Wired the oven back in to panel while the dryer was going through a cycle.
I'm kind of disappointed and irritated. I thought it would use a lot more power, could have been using it all along.
Screenshot_20240413-165343.jpg

I kind of do. But I need more MPPT for my new array I’m adding and I may just drop another 10k for MPPT and add my garage mini split and washing machine/dryer on that solo unit. Also have it as a backup potentially, have it on its own sub. It’s rare I go over 80% on this one unit. I don’t think parallel is going to be critical for me.
Buy mine so I can buy 2 of the parallel ones 🤣

I'm not giving up yet... Was supposed to go last weekend, didn't work out. Was told tomorrow morning works but no reply with a time yet.
Definitely boxes labeled CALB but didn't get photos of what's inside them.
I'll be extremely irritated if I drive 3 hours and spend ~$30 in tolls for it to be a bust, irritated enough I'll make a frustration purchase on cells online from US stock.
Wellllllllll

Wellllllllll
Schedules didn't work out again.... Not giving up.
I really think/hope they are legit. From my detective work it's a newer company that is trying to make rechargable standalone appliances using LiFePo4. I'm guessing they ordered a pile of stuff and now want to get rid of it to recoup some of the losses.
Hope he still has both of his kidneys.
Almost spit my coffee out. 😂

Yea, it really makes me want to cut the cord that much more, after my next expansion.
I could run a generator for a whole heck of a lot cheaper than that.
Yea I figure a small generator with a charge-verter run would be less costly. I've got an old 50cc two stroke mitey-mite that's loud as hell but more than enough to cover my loads if run for awhile....has a 24v dc output for my battery pack. Yes currently just 24v stuff. My daily average usage is only 3.5kwh and that's with the occasional 12-15kwh day if we have guests in the all electric (heater) guest room.

Yea, it really makes me want to cut the cord that much more, after my next expansion.
I could run a generator for a whole heck of a lot cheaper than that.
whats your actual $/kw cost. just curious why you seem to be adding so much. decent roi or just pure hatred of the power company?

whats your actual $/kw cost. just curious why you seem to be adding so much. decent roi or just pure hatred of the power company?
His roi plan includes competing with Chinese coal in the crypto market???

diy solar

diy solar
Back