diy solar

diy solar

6 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Make sure your own the latest stable or beta, plug a USB B cable into the inverter and the USB A end into the pi, select SRNE for the inverter type in SA configuration settings, enjoy.
Do you have any idea how many of those cables I have thrown away? :p I had to steal my only one off my garage solar setup. Works, but I guess you can't run two different type of inverters at the same time?

This unit is so much quieter than the EG4 6000EX / MPP Solar LVX6048. The volume of noise actually seems similar, but the pitch/sound is much less (if that makes sense).

Do you have any idea how many of those cables I have thrown away? :p
Yes because I had to rob the only one I could find from my Eurodyne tuning software... Shit I just realized I need to order another one for the 2nd inverter.
I had to steal my only one off my garage solar setup. Works, but I guess you can't run two different type of inverters at the same time?
No, the have to be the same OEM, unfortunately.

This unit is so much quieter than the EG4 6000EX / MPP Solar LVX6048. The volume of noise actually seems similar, but the pitch/sound is much less (if that makes sense).
Makes perfect sense, I said pretty much the same thing about my TP6048 in my ASF thread.

I just noticed this in the manual. Where is everyone grounding this?
I just grounded it to the ground in the main panel which is right next to it. Only issue so far, is I can't get the unit to charge the batteries. It is powering the loads just fine (getting tons of sun right now), but once the load goes away (mainly Air Conditioning) the PV input drops to almost nothing.

I just grounded it to the ground in the main panel which is right next to it.
Honestly I never used that ground on my ASF, the case is already grounded on the inside and everything goes back to the main panel. I'm far from an expert on grounding.
Only issue so far, is I can't get the unit to charge the batteries. It is powering the loads just fine (getting tons of sun right now), but once the load goes away (mainly Air Conditioning) the PV input drops to almost nothing.
What voltage are the batteries at? Are you using open loop or closed loop?
These settings have been working great for me with open loop.

What voltage are the batteries at? Are you using open loop or closed loop?
These settings have been working great for me with open loop.
I pretty much copied your settings, except charging mode is OSO, because I am hooked to grid. No communication between the inverter and the Lifepower batteries. Voltage is sitting at 54.4v right now because the LVX6048 has been dumping power into them all day.

I pretty much copied your settings, except charging mode is OSO, because I am hooked to grid. No communication between the inverter and the Lifepower batteries. Voltage is sitting at 54.4v right now because the LVX6048 has been dumping power into them all day.
I'm guessing they are full. Would they take any charge when voltage was lower?

I'm guessing they are full. Would they take any charge when voltage was lower?
Not really, but I think the issue might be the LVX gets sunlight first and drives the voltage up. I did see 53.7v on the SRNE and it was not charging. I will keep an eye on it. Right now, the batteries are full by noon, so it's not an issue. At least grid for my side of the house is zero now. I only have 3475w of solar hooked up to MPPT 1. Still need to install another 3250W (10 panels) to the other MPPT.

1716325226262.png

Yeah, the LVX is confusing the SRNE. You can see here I have more load than supply (which is not possible).

1716325523121.png

The AC should knock the batteries down overnight, so I think tomorrow I will just turn the solar off for the LVX and see what happens. Probably going to have to break down and order another one to replace the LVX. Just the noise level probably makes it worth it. The heat output is quite a bit less as well. So far, pretty impressed. Sad it took the 6000EX failing to get off my butt and hook it up... :p

Thanks for the reminder to check where I was at. I've kind of forgotten about it, it's nice when things just work.
Just over 5.25MWh as the sun sets today.
1000009902.jpg

I really should get around to finishing up the dual ASP install, sooner than later I'm going to overload this again and yell at myself as I'm resetting clocks ...

My current settings.
01 - SBU
02 - 60.0
03 - UPS
04 - 49.2
05 - 50.8
06 - SNU (grid breaker is off so OSO)
07 - 180
08 - USER
09 - 55.6
10 - 90
11 - 54.8
12 - 45.2
13 - 15
14 - 49.6
15 - 42.4
16 - dIS
17 - 21 irrelevant, 16 disabled.
22 - dIS
23 - 27 - ENA
28 - 5
30 - Id: 4 (changed this when SA was having connection issues)
32 - SLA
33 - WOW
34 - dIS
35 - 50.4
37 - 54
38 - 120
40 - 45 - not used 00:00:00
46 - dIS
47 - 52 - not used 00:00:00
53 - dIS
54 - 55 time and date
57 - 4
63 - dIS
68 - 180

Will hit 3.5mWh today or tomorrow pending sun...

View attachment 203963
Good morning I change to your settings the only one it will not let me change is 33 is at pyl

Good morning I change to your settings the only one it will not let me change is 33 is at pyl
Do I disconnect the communication cable from each battery or just the main battery to inverter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 4
Do I disconnect the communication cable from each battery or just the main battery to inverter
Just the main battery to inverter.
That should let you change 33.

Hopefully things work better for you.

Edit - as long as 32 is set to SLA 33 should not matter.

Just the main battery to inverter.
That should let you change 33.

Hopefully things work better for you.

Edit - as long as 32 is set to SLA 33 should not matter.
Ok is weird last night it run all nite on battery it was at 18% battery and after my shower it went to 17% I will see tonight sence I just change the settings thank you I will keep you update.

Thanks for the reminder to check where I was at. I've kind of forgotten about it, it's nice when things just work.
Just over 5.25MWh as the sun sets today.
View attachment 218974

I really should get around to finishing up the dual ASP install, sooner than later I'm going to overload this again and yell at myself as I'm resetting clocks ...
What to you have connected to your system. I see is is 100% I’m only running my ac, washer, water heater, pool pump and 2 refrigerator. I still have to connect some lights.. the ac, pool pump and water heater runs fine as long as there is sun all together. About 5:pm I shutdown the pool pump so it does not drain my batteries..

What to you have connected to your system. I see is is 100% I’m only running my ac, washer, water heater, pool pump and 2 refrigerator. I still have to connect some lights.. the ac, pool pump and water heater runs fine as long as there is sun all together. About 5:pm I shutdown the pool pump so it does not drain my batteries..
Everything in the house.
Deep well pump, Electric Dryer, Electric Oven, Air compressor, mini split, fridge, deep freeze, etc. I need to an an electric water heater and get rid of the oil fired.
I need to get the ASPs online so I don't have to worry about overloading the ASF.

...and so we can watch and learn how those new ASP's run for ya! (y)
I'm slowly getting there.
Yesterday I made an incredibly dumb rookie mistake of using the slots to mount the trough, they made it easy to have some wiggle room getting the conduit in but you can't attach the end caps if you use them ...dohhhhh
I pouted and went to my brothers to grill and clean guns, mentally exhausted after Monday at work so maybe tomorrow I'll hammer the correct holes and get the wiring started.

I'm going to have to shut the house down for a couple hours to replace a 100A sub panel with a 200A, hopefully by the end of this week.

Attachments

• Attach138584_20240602_174118.jpg
    Attach138584_20240602_174118.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 16

diy solar

diy solar
Back