diy solar

diy solar

6000XP transfer time

Scotts954

Im considering either dual 6000xp's or a single 18Kpv. Currently running a single LV6548. While I like the 18Kpv and its single form factor would fit better in my solar room, the reports of back feeding the grid even with zero export enables is a deal killer for me. However all the other features are very nice. That lead me to consider 2 6000xp's, however the appearent slow transfer time of 30m sec in parallel mode has me concerned. Anyone actually running these have any negative experience with the transfer time or anyone tested it to see what it actually is time wise?

@Zapper77 can you confirm on your dual setup if the switch from battery to grid or grid to battery would impact electronics? Seems like one unit alone would act like a UPS, two seems to take much longer to switch.

Last edited:
@Zapper77 can you confirm on your dual do setup if the switch from battery to grid or grid to battery would impact electronics? Seems like one unit alone would act like a UPS, two seems to take much longer to switch.
I'm in the process of moving my setup to another location.

@Zapper77 can you confirm on your dual setup if the switch from battery to grid or grid to battery would impact electronics? Seems like one unit alone would act like a UPS, two seems to take much longer to switch.
The switch time when in parallel does appear to be slower than the switch time of one solo inverter.

Yes, it's common for all brands.
They require extra time to coordinate the transfer.

how do you set that? what menu item/number is it? I think i recall another thread where someone was asking about that and if there was a negative to setting to 10ms vs 20ms.
Thinking about this some more. I think that thread where you could set the transfer time was for the 6000ex not the 6000xp.

Thinking about this some more. I think that thread where you could set the transfer time was for the 6000ex not the 6000xp.
6000xp has a UPS and APL mode. One is more restrictive and has a faster transfer time, but comes with a higher idle consumption (assumed).

6000xp has a UPS and APL mode. One is more restrictive and has a faster transfer time, but comes with a higher idle consumption (assumed).
That's what corresponds to the 10 and 20 msec times mentioned by Markus?

this the other thread i was thinking about,

Back