diy solar

diy solar

A-Frame Solar House Build

heirloom hamlet

life my way
We're still waiting on our x32 280aH cells, should have them any time. Amy sent an update that said they had cleared customs.
Anywho, we decided to prepare a suitable home for them upon arrival.
We built it as an A-Frame because it won't have A/C and the hot air could have an escape at the screened upper openings on both ends, a bit of a wind tunnel...with the batteries of course sitting low. Plus, it would look cool and we're all about that.
We made a video of how we did it.
Check it out here:

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_184245_916.jpg
    IMG_20200515_184245_916.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
thanks, I priced 20 with xuba (16 in a 8s2p and a 4s for playing with), but I'm trying to hold out til shipping normalizes. 32 for that kind of money would be rad.

I hadn't thought about it like this till now, but I guess it was around a hundred bucks a cell, or 800 for a 280aH 24v battery, to my door. Yeah, not bad for where the technology is today and the going rate. Was your delivered quote higher that 100/cell?

Solar House Update:
Trying to load some photos, but it isn't working. I'll get back to that.
My long awaited x32 XUBA 280aH cells arrived a few days ago. Ordering to arrival took approx 7 weeks.
They seem to have done a fantastic job packaging... 16 of these boxes with 2 cells in each. Buss bars and Amy's little Phillips screws/bolts are inside one of the boxes. You can see Customs opened one box and closed it up because the foam around one cell is slit opened. No harm done, though, and nothing missing or damaged.
26 of them show 3.301v, a couple are 3.300v, a few are 2.999v and one black sheep is 2.996.
I immediately used 24 of the alike 3.301v in sets of 8, to make 3 24v batteries, just made sense to me. Then put the 2 remaining 3.301v and the six oddball charges together to create the last battery.
I put them in parallel for now to see what they'd do, but tomorrow (Monday) Will's cheap little recommended charger will arrive and I'll be able to give them all a proper setup charge to 3.6v.
Now I have the burden of trying to dredge up countless informative posts that I've read on these cells over the past couple of months...proper way to drive in bolts, recommended charging parameters, connecting Battgo and BMS leads, etc. @OverkillSolar is working with me to test run a couple of his BMS in an 8s 100a option. We'll see how it goes!
Any last minute advice on the cells before I get radical is appreciated. It's a funny thing getting these, you want to just tear in and start playing, but in reality it requires patient, methodical and calculated steps, in the correct order. Hard to be like a kid again with new LiFePO⁴ toys.

Back