diy solar

diy solar

Any flat earthers out there?

Just look up at the sky at night, preferably with a telescope.
How many flat objects do you see up there ?
Every single star captured on film is clearly flat. Can't you see? It is plane as day ? the evidence is flat out supporting my point.

Until I hear from navigators, pilots and sailors, that have actually themselves found their way right around the earth say its flat, I will continue to believe its roughly a sphere.
Its a complete waste of time trying to change peoples beliefs in anything.

There is still cosmology debate as to whether the universe if flat or not.

It depends on the density parameter Ω in Einstein's Theory of General Relativity. If Ω = 1 then the universe is geometrically flat (Euclidian). Above or below 1 and it is not.

So far experimental measurements have Ω as being = 1 but with different error ranges.

Measurements of the mass-energy budget of the universe suggest Ω = 1.00±0.02, while geometric analysis of the cosmic microwave background suggest wider error bars with Ω = 1.00±0.12.

So it's probably Euclidean and flat, but that is by no means certain.

The model needs rockets according to Leo for gravity, my guess is the sun is attached to the firmament. Although, wonder how they rationalize timezones?
They make it up on the go while wrongly using the term "theory" (instead of the correct "hypothesis") they are convinced of their superior (over spherical earthers) intellect, but they will listen to people on social media who might have a more plausible explanation. (Providing those people also claim that the earth is flat)

Everything is attached to the "firmament".

There was a movie a few year back, Behind the Curve, about flat earthers in the US. It made for interesting viewing, partly funny, partly sad. A review really on the decline of critical thinking. While the beliefs these people hold are patently absurd, the lessons on how they form and the lure of special community they provide apply to all of us.

Unfortunately mental illness seems to be on the increase everywhere.
The education system is not what it used to be either.
Even stable intelligent people are finding it increasingly difficult to know what is true, and what is being deliberately faked.
Mass psychosis does not bode well for the future of the human race.

Unfortunately mental illness seems to be on the increase everywhere.
The education system is not what it used to be either.
Even stable intelligent people are finding it increasingly difficult to know what is true, and what is being deliberately faked.
Mass psychosis does not bode well for the future of the human race.
That has always been the case, even in the past we made animal (including human) sacrifices to the gods, kept slaves, burned women because we were scared of witches, fought wars over which god(s) is/are "best". The issue is that we have much more access to deliberate misinformation propagated by bad actors, to feed our desire to believe the fantastical. Even here, where I would expect people to have I.Q.'s over 110, we have seen a whole bunch of nonsense.

i am an earth smoother. it is topologically flat at most points relative to its circumference.

?hehe

Back