diy solar

diy solar

Anybody tried new JK BMS with inverter communication support?

There is a project underway that should work on the "old" 4S jk bms.

Hi

I have a JK PB2A16S 15P with the latest firmware 15.10 does anyone know or find the way to connect to the inverter SOFAR HYD 6K-EP ?
I have try the can but not really sure which pin is the correct one. Thanks

Can anybody help with connecting one of these to a Victron SmartSolar?

Do I need a RasPi with VenusOS in the middle, or a cerbo GX? I understand that this JK BMS doesn't connect to the VE.Direct port? It needs CANBUS?

Yes, you'll need either a raspi with venus and a third party can adapter, or just buy a cerbo, or venus, or any other GX device with native built in CAN. You'll be better in the long run with software updates (imho)

just got the same box delivered :) did you use the EVA foam between the cells, the green sheets, or both?
built the battery today. I had to use the EVA foam and epoxy sheets to get the batteries nice and snug (EVE280V3). There were a few bits and pieces that were a bit dodge, similar cable length issue as nebulight for the breaker to main+ terminal, somewhat fixed by flipping the breaker direction. The two ring terminals soldered to the wires on the top balance PCBs that connect to bat main + and - were a bit shit, I had to swap them for new ring terminals, there were blobs of solder that interfered with the nut so couldn't clamp down nicely.

I couldn't get the BMS talking with victron (cebro GX), but with a bit of googling I think I need to make a victron type A BMS cable, anyone else confirm? The pinouts are a little confusing... (BMS CAN protocol set to 04 VICTRON, cebro shows canbus ERROR and no coms)

BMS manual has 9,10,11,14,16, NC, 12 CANL, 13 CANH, 15GND
I assume they mean 1,2,3,6,8, NC, 4=12 (CANL), 5=13(CANH), 7 = GND ?

Victron type A pinout
FunctionVictron VE.Can sideBattery side
GNDPin 3Pin 6
CAN-LPin 8Pin 5
CAN-HPin 7Pin 4

this doesnt seem to match up with type A victron unless I am confused, does CAN go H->H or H-L? is the GND pin wrong for the victron type A? (should be VEcan - BMS 7-7?, 8-5, 7-4 if can H->L) or maybe the gnd isnt important?

*edit* apparently I was overthinking things, I made the type A cable to the victron pinout and it worked perfectly :D

Attachments

• bms_manualcan.png
    bms_manualcan.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hey all.
I jumped in a new project. Took salvaged Tesla 3 battery pack (was mint, not a single dent) it had CATL factory 175A cells 106pcs. found 4 more and made 7x16S battery packs. 64Kwh stored. And i used PB2A boards from JK.
So i have 1 MASTER (address 0) and 6 SLAVES 1-2-3-4-5-6

There are some issues and they count
1) IF one BMS error stopping inverter, and guess what, it work. (Tried OVTemp, and OVP) on any of the protocols (there are like 6 of them in CAN table to choose)
All that it does is gives a summ of Charge discharge AMP (if one BMS goest to error, the summ just lowers) and gives inverter info about current floating in this moment. Thats all.

Also temperature readings are absurd (doesnt see temps rise on SLAVE BMS, Master BMS is average among 4 MASTER sensors) sick!

2) There is RS485 protocol between BMS and there is UART RS485 that can be app choosen (5-6 RS485 Protocols)
I got some Battery info in Solarassistant using CH340 USBtoRS485 adapter, but it is not all Master and Slave info (it just looks similar to what inverter gets (average Amps etc.)

3) Using same RS converter i tried connecting to JK BMS Monitor 2.7.0 Windows program, and was able only to look at the MASTER and no editing, no switching between all connected BMS's. they show as disconnected
It is so dumb easy to make your software to connect with your devices.

The BMS is an early alpha i could say.

1710102790607.png

upd.
I would be pleased if anyone share their experience on
Error report BMS=>Inverter (any brand i guess)
PC Monitor Software with more than 1 BMS

Last edited:
Всем привет.
Я погрузился в новый проект. Взял битый аккумулятор от Tesla 3 (был в идеальном состоянии, ни одной вмятины), в нем стояли заводские элементы CATL 175А, 106шт. нашел еще 4 и сделал аккумуляторы 7х16S. Сохранено 64 кВтч. И я использовал платы PB2A от JK.
Итак, у меня есть 1 ГЛАВНЫЙ (адрес 0) и 6 ВЕДОМЫХ 1-2-3-4-5-6.

Есть некоторые проблемы, и они имеют значение
1) ЕСЛИ одна ошибка BMS останавливает инвертор, и знаете что, он работает. (Пробовал OVTemp и OVP) по любому из протоколов (их около 6 в таблице CAN на выбор)
Все, что он делает, это выдает сумму AMP заряда-разряда (если одна BMS выходит из строя, сумма просто уменьшается) и дает инвертору информацию о плавающем токе в этот момент. Вот и все.

Кроме того, показания температуры абсурдны (на SLAVE BMS не наблюдается повышения температуры, Master BMS имеет среднее значение среди 4 MASTER датчиков), черт возьми!

2) Между BMS существует протокол RS485, а также UART RS485, который можно выбрать в приложении (5–6 протоколов RS485).
Я получил некоторую информацию о батарее в Solarassistant с использованием адаптера CH340 USBtoRS485, но это не вся информация о главном и подчиненном устройствах (она просто похожа на ту, что получает инвертор (средний ток и т. д.)

3) Используя тот же преобразователь RS, я попытался подключиться к программе Windows JK BMS Monitor 2.7.0 и смог только просматривать MASTER без редактирования или переключения между всеми подключенными BMS. они отображаются как отключенные
Это так просто – заставить ваше программное обеспечение подключаться к вашим устройствам.

Я бы сказал, что BMS — это ранняя альфа.

View attachment 201356

обновление.
Буду рад, если кто-нибудь поделится своим опытом
Отчет об ошибке BMS => Инвертор (думаю, любой марки)
Программное обеспечение для монитора ПК с более чем 1 BMS
Доброго дня. Запитайте, возможно, здесь
, чтобы проверить.
У меня такой же аккумулятор, как 1x16S. Была попытка сделать то же самое, но был эксперимент по протоколу связи с инвертором.

Добрый день. Спросить может быть здесь
он тестировал.
У меня такая же батарея, только 1х16S. Ошибки были только тогда, когда был эксперимент по протоколам связи с инвертором.

Доброго дня. Запитайте, возможно, здесь
, чтобы проверить.
У меня такой же аккумулятор, как 1x16S. Была попытка сделать то же самое, но был эксперимент по протоколу связи с инвертором.

Добрый день. Спросить может быть здесь
он тестировал.
У меня такая же батарея, только 1х16S. Ошибки были только тогда, когда был эксперимент по протоколам связи с инвертором.

As for PC communication software bug.
2.7.0 version:
When connected to master RS485, see only master (read only mode)
When connected to slave RS485, see all master+slave (read only mode)

2.1 OLD Version:
Individually connect to device address grants access to BMS settings.

So it is Software bugs, and hopefully it will be fixed in future. In any case there is a way to change settings on BMS's using PC software (just use old software)

Aggregation limits are fine for me.
The annoying thing is that JK BMS using any of the protocols doesnt transcode its Master or Slaves Alarms and batteries just shut individually.
There is understanding of why they did that (redundancy of big battery banks), but as i would like to have for safety issues is to have an inverter ALARM switch in settings that would give the alarms.

in regards to the EEL box, I did some load testing sustaining 90-110A for around 20 mins, the crimped 'pins' I guess for the 200A MCB are definitely a hot point, hitting around 55-60°C. I would be hesitant running this close to limits ie 200A for any extended period without swapping to a different breaker solution and eliminating those connections.

Back