diy solar

diy solar

Anyone buying these 305ah envision cells?

I snapped 2 lugs off whilst using a torque meter for the first time in my life o_O
What brand of torque wrench. I'm guessing it hasn't been calibrated by a PMEL lab. (Precision Measure Equipment Lab.)
My HF torque wrenches don't torque like the Snap on one's do.

Welp, they are back. During my “weekly” internet price sleuthing I saw them this morning.
Presale, slated for inventory December 21.
New price, $75/ea

?

Welp, they are back. During my “weekly” internet price sleuthing I saw them this morning.
Presale, slated for inventory December 21.
New price, $75/ea

?

Damn it! Now how do I justify buying or not buying these :(

Damn it! Now how do I justify buying or not buying these :(

Justification: you have 41 days to get your affairs in order.
Whether that’s clearing space in the garage, donating plasma to pay for it, keeping your kids out late on weeknights so their grades slip and progress reports come out right before Christmas which means Santa will put them on the naughty list and thus you can buy batteries, transferring funds to a separate account so it doesn’t show up on your account, or simply just have a sit down with the fam and say listen fam, there’s this goose guy that keeps posting battery deals and we need to take advantage of it while we can so I’ll need you guys to shower outside on sunny days to save power. Whatever the reason, 75 dollars for 305ah is down to 25c/ which is hard to turn my nose at

Non justification: there’s always more batteries

No, no swelling, and I'm in the UK, so I ordered from Fogstar.

What? Fogstar have been nothing but great for me when dealing with any issues, and they do batch test their cells, so if they're selling them, it's a pretty good bet they aren't offloading shit onto the market.
Presume you now had a chance to battle test these for a bit, would you recommend taking these cells vs EVE 280s please? I am also in UK [Hertfordshire] and looking at frogstar. These would be my first battery and DIY kit. I am very financially constrained as live in rental house, which has got terrible energy efficiency thus need to get solar to minimise fuel poverty and really hope to get this right first time. Your experience and advice would be really appreciated.

The first 8 cells have been running since May with full 19 cycles and the second set of 8 since July has 13 cycles. The BMS considers a cycle 260ah so that's 211 kwh have gone in and 211 came out. Many days I've charged them up to 3.55V. I'll try to get a screenshot of when they are above 3.4V but they are balancing just fine.

They make up 16 of 32 cells running the whole house doing a great job. I can't think of any reason to pay more for other cells.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231111_124028_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_124028_xiaoxiang.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20231111_124028_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_124028_xiaoxiang.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 18
Anyone know if 18650BatteryStore charges immediately for a PreSale Order or is the credit card charged at the time of Shipping, which the web page says could be December 21, 2023? Eg: Amazon only charges when the product is shipped, I'm not sure of other businesses.

Anyone know if 18650BatteryStore charges immediately for a PreSale Order or is the credit card charged at the time of Shipping, which the web page says could be December 21, 2023? Eg: Amazon only charges when the product is shipped, I'm not sure of other businesses.

I was charged immediately for the 16 I ordered yesterday with an estimated delivery of December 21. I think I'm cancelling and going with the Aolithium 5.1 kWh server rack battery.

Did you ever end up drilling / taping threads? I have 3 batteries that the posts broke loose on, and need to repair them.
I broke a stud off / laser weld.Drilled and tapped it, i may have went a little too deep on the drilling, will find out soon enough. I have it charging back up and seems fine so far.

I doubt they will restock the B grade. When I talked to Steven(?) a couple of months back, he noted that they are moving away from these. They don't make enough money on them.
Interesting. The listing still says "Re-stocking soon" and the price dropped to $75. Maybe they changed their minds? You would think they would just remove it if they were dropping them entirely. They aren't a lower grade of other cells they sell, so it's not as if they are testing them as they come in and putting some in the B bin.

UPDATE :

Wednesday 25 Oct. Have tested 11 of 16 EVE 304Ah cells from 18650. Lowest cell capacity is 311.7 Ah, highest capacity 316.2 Ah. Will keep you posted.

UPDATE 14 Nov,

Tested all 16 cells for capacity of the EVE LF304, Lowest cell 308.1 Ah, highest cell 316.2 Ah.. Overall, I am happy with the results. Will perform a top balance and we are ready for installation.

What's the story on these cells fitting into the EEL case? I've seen a few comments that say yes, and others that say no.

I'm looking at this case EEL V3 with 16S 200A BMS and Bluetooth in white for $610 but not sure why this one EEL USA Stock is almost $100 more. Are the cases different?

Thanks for any help.

US stock they charge more for storage and handling. That is what I was told. I think it's nonsense, but what can you do?

I paid $690.00 for the Apexium diy box. Maybe I should of looked into EEL more.

What's the story on these cells fitting into the EEL case? I've seen a few comments that say yes, and others that say no.

I'm looking at this case EEL V3 with 16S 200A BMS and Bluetooth in white for $610 but not sure why this one EEL USA Stock is almost $100 more. Are the cases different?

Thanks for any help.
can't comment on the EEL cases, but in the Seplos Mason 280 kits they fit perfectly..
they are the exact same dimensions as my LF304 cells

Back