diy solar

diy solar

Bad days for Solar Production.

15.8kWh today.

This is what kills me. If I could just average better I would be fine but when it’s crappy it’s really crappy.
Not just cloudy but rain.
We got like 2 inches of rain yesterday and today.

Sunny and cold are fine. Rainy and cloudy are crap.

Another day of "supposed to be full sun was a bust full clouds. Only 23.7kwh from 57kw of pv. Battery is down to 34% tonight. Full sun forecasted for tomorrow......
Hopefully the sun happens for ya.

I at 68% so am in the same boat.

How does the rain get mud on panels on your roof!?!?!?!
They get dust an other small debris on them, then the drizzle mixed with it and it flowed a little way down the panel slope into a brown paste. I didn't take pics this time, but I think I have one from spring.

Here is before a rinse.
IMG_1737.jpg
And then after.
IMG_1739.jpg
It helps a bit. I get 5 to 10% power back when I hose them off.

They get dust an other small debris on them, then the drizzle mixed with it and it flowed a little way down the panel slope into a brown paste. I didn't take pics this time, but I think I have one from spring.

Here is before a rinse.
View attachment 182399
And then after.
View attachment 182400
You have seriously dirty air if that’s the type of natural accumulation you get in your panels-yikes!

You have seriously dirty air if that’s the type of natural accumulation you get in your panels-yikes!
Yes we do.

The climate here is very dry and warm. Any loose dust is easily blown around and can stay airborne for a long time without moisture to weigh it down. We also have a bunch of construction going on so we have more of the light grey dust from concrete as well. Then add in all the dying vegetation and it makes a nasty soup. I am just a few miles from the edge of the Mojave desert. Last year we also had a couple small brush fires, so there was ash in the mix as well.

I was cutting between buildings at work, not a cloud in the sky.
Sadly I haven't gotten the NE panels on the ground mount yet and my 5490w off poorly angle roof arrays are only producing 2480w 15 minutes before noon.
I'm missing out on some serious production, now I'm motivated to work in the cold after work ?

Here in dust-pit city, ... It's really wonderful. Your car gets polka-dot's when you get a light sprinkle, which is too often what we get. It leaves little dirt craters all over the panels. Figuring that must be awful, I clean my panels. I do not see over a 5% improvement, which I find really odd.

SUN! 180.4kwh today. I have 9 inverters of solar growatt 5000es, but I don't have all inverters installed, so have 6 inverters over paneled till I get more installed. Most of the day I had 500 amps of power going into the batteries.

SUN! 180.4kwh today. I have 9 inverters of solar growatt 5000es, but I don't have all inverters installed, so have 6 inverters over paneled till I get more installed. Most of the day I had 500 amps of power going into the batteries.
Wow
I didn't realize how similar our systems were.

Wow
Uh, Oh, I feel a bragging rights competition is coming ?! Gonna motivate Tim to get all those panels up!

Wow
I am glad to see and follow another person with 5000ES 's. My 9 inverters will be all powered by 7s,2p 400 watt Bifacial panels. 6 inverters in one system and 5 more will be in another system but all sharing the eventually over 200kwh battery bank. Full electric house and shop, and 2 ev's.

I am glad to see and follow another person with 5000ES 's. My 9 inverters will be all powered by 7s,2p 400 watt Bifacial panels. 6 inverters in one system and 5 more will be in another system but all sharing the eventually over 200kwh battery bank. Full electric house and shop, and 2 ev's.
Exactly the same plan here, almost.
Planning on 6 and 2. Which should be enough, hopefully.

diy solar

diy solar
Back