diy solar

diy solar

Bad days for Solar Production.

SUN! 180.4kwh today. I have 9 inverters of solar growatt 5000es, but I don't have all inverters installed, so have 6 inverters over paneled till I get more installed. Most of the day I had 500 amps of power going into the batteries.
I pulled in 52Kwh from 8.4Kw of array today.

I harvest every last photon I can get. No clipping here. I like efficiency.

With your array 4 times mine, you should be able to pull over 200Kwh/day in good sun.

I pulled in 52Kwh from 8.4Kw of array today.

I harvest every last photon I can get. No clipping here. I like efficiency.

With your array 4 times mine, you should be able to pull over 200Kwh/day in good sun.
Correct, I only have 6 of 10 inverters running currently 4 or my inverters are over paneled by twice, so major clipping on sunny days. This is only temp till I can get more work done.

Correct, I only have 6 of 10 inverters running currently 4 or my inverters are over paneled by twice, so major clipping on sunny days. This is only temp till I can get more work done.
Update when you get this arranged to prevent clipping. I would be interested in the results. I'm not a big fan of over paneling. I rather just install a dedicated SCC to prevent clipping.

SUN! 180.4kwh today. I have 9 inverters of solar growatt 5000es, but I don't have all inverters installed, so have 6 inverters over paneled till I get more installed. Most of the day I had 500 amps of power going into the batteries.
Damn!! 180 kWh..

Not even sure what I would do with that much..

I got 86 on a clear cold day today and I was happy!!

Doesn’t really matter when you running 2 day deficit on either side of a good day but I will take it.

Update when you get this arranged to prevent clipping. I would be interested in the results. I'm not a big fan of over paneling. I rather just install a dedicated SCC to prevent clipping.
Last spring I had 5 inverters running with no over paneling and I pulled in a one day best of 210kwh. So if I can get enough load this spring, I should be around 400kwh on a sunny cool day in spring.

Last spring I had 5 inverters running with no over paneling and I pulled in a one day best of 210kwh. So if I can get enough load this spring, I should be around 400kwh on a sunny cool day in spring.
What are you doing with all that power?

Damn!! 180 kWh..

Not even sure what I would do with that much..

I got 86 on a clear cold day today and I was happy!!

Doesn’t really matter when you running 2 day deficit on either side of a good day but I will take it.
I just started bitcoin mining to make a few dollars, and it is heating my shop. I only have one miner right now, but will be buying another one tonight. Then I will have about 7000 watts on power to use. Right now in the middle of the day if I need load I have several minisplits, heat pump central system in the house, electric heater in my shop, electric water heater for infloor heat in my shop. A electric heater in the basement of my house. I will heat my house to 80 degrees in the day when no one is around, same for my shop.

I will pull 100amps on 240v for half of the day or more. It is fun to think this is all free power and a great hobby!

I just started bitcoin mining to make a few dollars, and it is heating my shop. I only have one miner right now, but will be buying another one tonight. Then I will have about 7000 watts on power to use. Right now in the middle of the day if I need load I have several minisplits, heat pump central system in the house, electric heater in my shop, electric water heater for infloor heat in my shop. A electric heater in the basement of my house. I will heat my house to 80 degrees in the day when no one is around, same for my shop.

I will pull 100amps on 240v for half of the day or more. It is fun to think this is all free power and a great hobby!
What, no hot tub?

I thought I had a good day today. My 4.8 KW Enphase system pulled in 15.2 KWHs. That is almost 3.2 sun hours just a week to the winter solstice. My 2,000 watt DC system also pulled in 4.8 KWHs. Only 2.4 sun hours. The low sun shadows are killing it. It doesn't help that I also set the panel angle for best summer production to run my A/C, so the winter power is down from that too. But since we both worked today, this easily covered all the loads and the battery is ending the day about 1 KWH above where it started the day.

Crappy day, 46KWH, Used 52+ so far. Little woman at home, decided she needed to do 2 loads of laundry, run the dishwasher, and take a couple of showers. When I was single I did 2 - 3 loads of laundry a week, depending on linens & towels. With a woman here we do between 8 and 12 depending on if we are home during the week. We also need to "fluff" things that have been folded for more than a week. I'm soooo close, I need a little more panel, and a lot more battery. Down to 40% at midnight, if we decide to run a few more loads when we get home tomorrow it will be bad.

The last 3 days here have been very sunny. But the trees on the hill won't get out of the way. lol

Lol, nope, rather have a heated concrete floor in my shop.
Why not both!!!

I’ve always wanted to rip up my driveway and throw some pex loops and 6” of concrete down and be the cool guy in the neighborhood with a heated driveway during snow storms with our wood boiler, I figure it’d prob be 40-60k.

I’ve seen houses on the NH Seacoast with such set up (via electric), not quite my tax bracket though.

I’ve always wanted to rip up my driveway and throw some pex loops and 6” of concrete down and be the cool guy in the neighborhood with a heated driveway during snow storms with our wood boiler, I figure it’d prob be 40-60k.
Nice little Kubota with a snow plough would be much cheaper - and more fun :) ? ?‍?

diy solar

diy solar
Back