diy solar

diy solar

Batteries suddenly empty

There is a thread about this inverter. Very long. I will see if the OP of this thread can help (with what i think is recalibration of SoC and battery voltage).

Conjuring @misterbubbacat

Odd that this is one of their main bullet points.

View attachment 177525
Are you thinking that the batteries are reporting the SoC that the Deye displays?

Maybe the SoC is calibrated at the battery level (assuming this is the underlying issue)?

@Charles B , were the screenshots you posted for the Deye inverter or the batteries?

(from CFE battery website)
4.WiFi & APP :
Integrated WiFi Modem OTA online upgrade convenient after-sales service

The manual even shows the correct way to cable them for single parallel config

View attachment 177486
This is the parallel connection method recommended in the quick installation manual.
I couldn't find the inverter manual on the web page.

Hopefully someone will check in who has knowledge of this specific product.
Are you thinking that the batteries are reporting the SoC that the Deye displays?

Maybe the SoC is calibrated at the battery level (assuming this is the underlying issue)?

@Charles B , were the screenshots you posted for the Deye inverter or the batteries?

(from CFE battery website)
4.WiFi & APP :
Integrated WiFi Modem OTA online upgrade convenient after-sales service
I was just shooting from the hip .... not really a helpful comment.

It appears that all the batteries have their own address and communicate to the inverter .... His Pic of the SOC was from the inverter display, so it must be determining the overall SOC of the system.
Seems like with that configuration, info should be available for each battery.
I couldn't find the inverter manual .... I think we need someone with direct knowledge of Deye .... or maybe even Solark.

I can guarantee, without the batteries in parallel being wired in the correct method and the positive and negative being fed from each end of the battery stack, over time one will discharge more throwing this error. The SOC in this config as per the manual states that is an aggregate of each pack SOC, if one pack his LVD it will assume zero SOC per that battery packs BMS which reflects on the inverter saying 0% SOC. I have seen this time and time again as an installer of rack mounted packs. Each pack needs to be charge to 100% singularly, connected using the correct method, each pack connected in parallel and the source to inverter + from the first pack and - from the last pack. I have been to many many installs of these wired in this config and its always the same issue.

I should probably add, we install Sunsynk which is a rebadged DEYE inverter. Don't go around in circles OP.

Back