diy solar

diy solar

Battery box

The quick and dirty method.

For cell compression plates. Use 2 plastic cutting boards from your favorite megamart.

Funny. I used a cheap plastic cutting board for my DC-DC charger mount.

Well, I completed my golf cart battery (16 EVE 280AH.) I made a plexiglas cover and mounted the Chargery on top of it with velcro. That makes it removable and added space for air flow below. As pierre suggested, I increased the space for the shunt. The charger is an Elcon 1.8KW unit capable of up to 25 amps if using 240V. The cart can go 25 MPH and draws ~150A when going up hills. I went about 10 miles in our community today, and Chargery reports I'm still at 90%. I'll should be able to go a couple days on a charge!
Came out really nice. I like the idea of velcro to plexiglass top.

Hi,

Well, I finally placed my cells into the golf cart. I put insulators over the threaded rod to avoid potential damage to the ends of the cells. These are 16X 280AH cells are replacing a set of Trojan T875 FLAs. Weight of batteries dropped by about 170 lbs. I followedView attachment 16819 the guidance from other members on mounting the cells including 1/8" spacers. I have a sheet of plexiglas to place over the terminals when done. I'll place the Chargery BMS16T on top of the plexiglas. Now all I have to do is all the wiring :)

Nice work on the build - I'm waiting on 120Ah cells from XUBA (should be here end of August) for my golf cart build - I'm using a basic aliexpress 30A Bluetooth BMS with relays so no high current goes through it. I've started planning the box during the wait time :) - see attached.

Attachments

• BatteryBoxV1.jpg
    BatteryBoxV1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 32
Back