diy solar

diy solar

Battery Suppliers with stateside warehouses/supply?

MCJEFE

I'm probably searching for a unicorn at this point...

With the huge demand, there must be suppliers with stateside warehouses set up. I'm sure the inventory would fluctuate but there must be some suppliers out there.
Right?

Drop in “all in one” battery manufacturers? or individual cell manufacturers/vendors?

These folks have both cells, and all in one batteries, and a good, solid reputation, Current Connected go here:

Great communication skills, and customer service.

Not affiliated in any way, I am just a satisfied customer.
Kind Regards,
Steve

Over in Diy battery folder has a great selection of vendors, one of them shipping out of a TX location.

Is there any feedback on if a JDB -BMS ?
Any good or issues?
Doncan sells them.

I just ordered the JDB-BMS today along with 8 more 302aH batteries. I hope the JDB gets along with my Growatt 12K split phase. I have 8 batteries that came direct from china and they are only 200aH that are getting hot from terminal contact issues it seems to me so I want to replace them. Then I am not sure I am liking the Growatt internal BMS trying to balance my 16 batteries so I want to try the JDM since it supposed to work with Solar Assistant. SA works great with my Growatt 12K ...

I just ordered the JDB-BMS today along with 8 more 302aH batteries. I hope the JDB gets along with my Growatt 12K split phase. I have 8 batteries that came direct from china and they are only 200aH that are getting hot from terminal contact issues it seems to me so I want to replace them. Then I am not sure I am liking the Growatt internal BMS trying to balance my 16 batteries so I want to try the JDM since it supposed to work with Solar Assistant. SA works great with my Growatt 12K ...
So your replacing a built battery stack you have? You used the letters JDB then JDM?
Just a typo?
I’m looking at ordering 8-280ah and a BMS for it. I may go to th JK-BSM from another supplier but the cells likely from Doncan.
Your Growatt has a built in BSM? Or do you mean a communication port and system to the BMS of choice?
I’m learning but have a long way to go!

I come from the tuner world and .. well JDM is a popular product I have typed those letters a few times.

My battery packs are DIY 8S2P 48V. One string of 8 has alot of heat compared to the 8 I got from Docan in February. So I ordered 8 more of those to replace the 8 I got direct from china last year. I am sure they are only Grade B based on no QR stickers, no documentation.

Yes, the Growatt has a balancer of some sort. I believe people just call it the inverter balancer. I can set parameters that are really supposed to handle all the battery needs and the BMS is merely a backup device to avoid issues. However, I am not having a very easy time of getting the Growatt parameters set to something that avoids inverter shut down. SA is showing 0 volts at the battery all the sudden and the inverter shuts down for 30 seconds. My poor computer has improper shutdown 20 times in the last 15 days.

I mostly got the JDB for the compatibility to the SA software and Pi. I have 2 Daly BMS ( 200A and 250A ) now, but both are new in the box still. I had no idea that Daly was so run down by this forum and I just figured I avoid trying them and posting issues only to read the negative responses I would likely get back. Seems the Daly with 485 ( 250A which is 16S ) can communicate with the SA software, and I might try later on. I need to build a 2nd MPPT setup so not all is lost have lots of spare parts.

Well you have an involved system. I only want a good 8s battery. I don’t want to chance getting B cells from China direct. I think I’ll try to find a JK-BMS unit as I have seen good reviews and Off Grid Garage has a well presented YT on it.
The JDB unit that Doncan offers may be good but it has many mixed reviews??? It even looks like it’s a two piece unit?
I currently have a Victron Multiplus inverter set to go. A friend is looking at the Growatt for his build. I’m going to work with him on his camp and he is helping me on mine.
Both off grid camps.
I was looking at a manufactured Jita battery as another friend has but it does not come with the safety of a low temp charge shut off.
I want that to protect the battery in case I don’t get to the camp over a week and my box heater runs low and solar is not good.
May never happen but if I can build a good battery for 40% less and have it protected then here I go:).
Ideas? Input?

The inverter can't balance the individual cells.
It just provides a float current, so that the BMS on your battery can do it.
Ok, that I understand. It’s not an active balancer but allows BMS time to do its thing.
I’m staying away from Daly but not sure that is good . Doncan sells a different BMS, I think it’s JBD type? Got to get its right:).

Back