diy solar

diy solar

Biting the bullet. Doubling my battery capacity $$$$$$

Nothing invokes more fear than the phrase “we need to talk”
First day of just testing and watching loads and she made the comment, "I didn't know I was going Amish" :)

Once she realized that I needed to watch operation for a few days and watch loading that she was on board. She seemed to think she needed to do everything all at once while the sun was shining so the battery wasn't drained.

If anyone has any suggestions on mini splits, I'm all ears. Heat pump dryers too.
I haven't ordered yet, but will be shortly.
Based off the research I've done and feedback I've seen here I'll be going with Pioneer. Inverter++ or Diamante Ultra, claimed -13F heating and energy star rated (for the rebates...)
I'm also contemplating selling the coal stoker (when the convection and combustion blowers are running I use more power than a mini split claims to use ?) and buying a modern ultra efficient wood burner (more rebates ?) for the really cold snaps.

I would go with a fuj or mit but can't get past the crazy cost, it would be like paying for a solark when I could get a deye ?

I have access to whirlpoolinside pass so I'll be ordering a heat pump dryer soon enough as well.

I should probably start another thread for this idea... My garage / work area number 1 / power area is below the house and partially below grade.... I keep thinking of mounting the condenser in it, I have room next the oil tank (3rd redundant heat source). My thoughts are the stove (opposite end of area) will be burning when it gets really cold to keep the well pressure tank from freezing, the compressor would use this heat....

Anyway end ramble / partial thread hijack.

If anyone has any suggestions on mini splits, I'm all ears.
Innovair Wifi 17 SEER (12,000 BTU 115V) - I installed one of these in the last house, worked great.
GLACER 12000 BTU Mini Split AC, 20 SEER2 - Cheapest on Amazon right now with $100 coupon.
Mr Cool 2/3 ton Split system - Also installed one of these at the last house, DIY with the quick connect lines.
ACIQ 3 ton Split system - This is going into my new build.
BTW, call into HVAC direct and they will set you up with an account and give you a useful discount.
Heat pump dryers too.
200A diode - How about one of these inline with the heating element ? Will drop the power in half. I am considering doing this.

Not for me. My wife has been on me all day about ordering more batteries. She is 110% on board with solar. She was from the start but once I actually flipped the switch she's been all excited.
Flipping the switch is usually what does it.

Not for me. My wife has been on me all day about ordering more batteries. She is 110% on board with solar. She was from the start but once I actually flipped the switch she's been all excited.
same here, although....
"we need to talk" remains a sentence of which nightmares are made of

Reactions: Zwy
Ran across the floor mounted Pioneer and think this would work well for my living room. Probably wall mount in my kitchen.

My requirements are 240V to keep loads equal on phases and a high enough EER rating for the Federal Air Source Heat Pumps Tax Credit of 30%. The floor mounted Pioneer would be around $450 tax credit plus I get another $50 from local utility if I were to apply for it.

I doubt an air handler would fit well with my current forced air heating system.

Can one "Really" have enough battery power? I am finalizing my build on my third DIY pack and found myself looking at current pricing on EVE cells.

As I said in another thread, this can be addictive...
Correction This IS addictive. I started with a smal harbor freight and now have 4 diy batteries, 4 growatts, 4 load centers and the whole house
connected to it. Pacific Graft and Extortion does not get any of my money. The hybrid electric water heater does a great job of lowering the
gas bill to minimum.

Back