diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200Max - Reverse polarity on 30A receptacle

Anybody know which government entity Bluetti should be reported to. ???? My AC and RV outlets read "bad ground" and the lady I'm emailing with at Bluetti, "Helen", isn't close to carefully reading my emails or looking at the 2 pictures of the tester I emailed her - so it's back and forth emailing. The have a few BBB complaints and all the complaint have remained "unanswered" by Bluetti, which speaks volumes. I just want to return (it's past the 30 days), because I simply do not trust this company.

Update, I have come to understand that the bad ground/open ground is normal for a portable power station. The same shows for my Jackery 160

Anybody know which government entity Bluetti should be reported to. ???? My AC and RV outlets read "bad ground" and the lady I'm emailing with at Bluetti, "Helen", isn't close to carefully reading my emails or looking at the 2 pictures of the tester I emailed her - so it's back and forth emailing. The have a few BBB complaints and all the complaint have remained "unanswered" by Bluetti, which speaks volumes. I just want to return (it's past the 30 days), because I simply do not trust this company.
This one? https://www.recalls.gov/cpsc.html

I don't think it is an issue at all. Just posted this in my community section. It is a floating system, and grounds are bonded. So polarity does not matter at all. Here was my post:

Hey everyone. I had a lot of people email me this week about concern over bluetti/goalzero/ecoflow products having a reverse polarity RV plug. I don't think it's a problem at all. There is no exposed case on these units, and it's a floating system. It is only considered "reverse polarity" when using the other receptacles as a reference as to what "hot" and "neutral" is considered. It's alternating current though, so it doesn't matter. What does matter is if the reference potential of grounding conductors across ac outputs is bonded. And after testing this five seconds ago, they are. So I don't see any safety issue either. If the outputs were in parallel to increase capacity (with some way to sync the waveforms), the relative "polarity" of the inverters output would matter. But in this instance, I don't see an issue at all. I also can't imagine how electrical engineers from multiple companies could all be wrong in the same way. It is possible, but highly unlikely. If you disagree with me and the engineers, please explain your reasoning below. I would love to hear your reasoning.
If this is not a problem, why would Bluetti agree to repair units for free?

I just checked mine which was ordered when they had the $400.00 discount, and the polarity is not correct. Get yourself an ohms meter and check for continuity. I don't know for sure but I have a feeling that this will be a widespread issue and Bluetti has a MAJOR problem on their hands with this one.
I suspect I may have the same issue. I have 30a ac shore power going straight to my ac300 to charge the battery along with solar panels. I am running power to the circuit panel in my rv from the 30 amp outlet. Everything works fine when no shore power is connected, however, once shore power is on there is a hot skin condition. I’ve troubleshot all connections and haven’t found anything that would cause a hot skin. Could this reverse polarity at the 30a outlet be the cause?

I don't think it is an issue at all. Just posted this in my community section. It is a floating system, and grounds are bonded. So polarity does not matter at all. Here was my post:

Hey everyone. I had a lot of people email me this week about concern over bluetti/goalzero/ecoflow products having a reverse polarity RV plug. I don't think it's a problem at all. There is no exposed case on these units, and it's a floating system. It is only considered "reverse polarity" when using the other receptacles as a reference as to what "hot" and "neutral" is considered. It's alternating current though, so it doesn't matter. What does matter is if the reference potential of grounding conductors across ac outputs is bonded. And after testing this five seconds ago, they are. So I don't see any safety issue either. If the outputs were in parallel to increase capacity (with some way to sync the waveforms), the relative "polarity" of the inverters output would matter. But in this instance, I don't see an issue at all. I also can't imagine how electrical engineers from multiple companies could all be wrong in the same way. It is possible, but highly unlikely. If you disagree with me and the engineers, please explain your reasoning below. I would love to hear your reasoning.

Will,

If, (appears it is), a "floating system", using the reversed polarity wired 120V/30A, (NEMA TT-30), receptacle to feed an electrical panel in an RV would not be an electrical safety/hazard problem per-say. With that said, to be NEC, (National Electrical Code), compliant the correct polarity of branch circuit wiring and the correct polarity of an outlet(s) connected to the branch circuit wiring must be followed. Even in an NEC code compliant section that allows an Ungrounded Power System use.

Excerpt from above posted message."
It is only considered "reverse polarity" when using the other receptacles as a reference as to what "hot" and "neutral" is considered.
Agree.... FWIW in a "floating", (Ungrounded), system there is not a neutral, (Grounded Conductor). In this case there are 2 HOT Ungrouded Conductors. Therein, with no reference to ground from either Hot conductor. Therein "floating above ground". (This is where I have a problem with the AC200MAX 120V power inverter. The way I read the NEC the output can not float in a stand alone system in an RV where the inverter 120V output is connected to an electrical panel, branch circuit wiring, and outlets..
For those of you that want to correct the reversed polarity wiring of the 120V/30A receptacle without changing the wires at the receptacle.
Just reverse the two Hot wires of the power cord when making up the male plug. Polarity will be correct at the other end of the cord.

Last edited:
Back