diy solar

diy solar

Bought 16 EVE LF280 Batteries

I hope you got them at a good price!

Do you mind sharing how much you paid per 280Ah?

Many different pricing on Alibaba.
Lowest was 72.50 (+80 cells)
Most recent I read about 77.50 for 8 cells.

I ordered 16 of the EVE 280Ah LiFePO4 batteries on 7/11/20 from Shenzhen Basen Technology, China. Cost was $107/kWh delivered via boat/FedEx. Should arrive in 25-35 days according to seller.

I was told yesterday they've shipped.

I bought 4 from them back at the end of May, shipped to so cal was $454, which I thought was a good deal. The cells were 82 each I think. It took maybe a week longer than they quoted to arrive (got here last wed) but that was not too bad. Mine were very well packaged and tested out near perfect. I worked with Alex there and he was always very responsive.

I bought 4 from them back at the end of May, shipped to so cal was $454, which I thought was a good deal. The cells were 82 each I think. It took maybe a week longer than they quoted to arrive (got here last wed) but that was not too bad. Mine were very well packaged and tested out near perfect. I worked with Alex there and he was always very responsive.
This is great news! Thanks for letting me know about your like experience. I am also So Cal.

Last edited:
;)Gentlemen

There is a special section for advertising in the forum.

Advertising in normal forum posts is against forum rules.

Please remove your promotion here, and place it in the correct sub forum.
Thank you.

I think he got the point and don't want to see him banned for doing something he doesn't understand is against the forums policy. He has started a new company and is eager to sell batteries....can't blame him and his after sale support on this forum could be very valuable. But yes I agree with you he needs to follow the rules.

If he does it again I will message him as I have been in touch with him and will be ordering batteries from him soon. Honestly it would be better if one of the mods took care of this and explained to him. After I place my order I will start a new thread similar to the other battery threads if someone doesn't beat me to it as others have placed orders with him. That should solve part of the problem.

I don't want him banned, at all.

His pricing is good, mostly qurious about the secondary part.
Bus-bar quality and transport pricing.

The cells..
Yes they all move boxes. No negativity intended, they can't do a lot with or about them.

It will be good if @Heiwei Dao would share his knowledge about cells, not worry too much about sales.

If people are interested, they can go to his posts in the corporate section.

USA DDP via Sea is about $9.50 per kilo LiFePO4 cell. (4 cells)
(Average that I get from different sellers, more cells is lower costs)

I like to know if Heiwei can do the same, or cheaper.

Living in Thailand, that information won't help me, many buyers from USA can benefit.

I don't want him banned, at all.

His pricing is good, mostly qurious about the secondary part.
Bus-bar quality and transport pricing.

The cells..
Yes they all move boxes. No negativity intended, they can't do a lot with or about them.

It will be good if @Heiwei Dao would share his knowledge about cells, not worry too much about sales.

If people are interested, they can go to his posts in the corporate section.

USA DDP via Sea is about $9.50 per kilo LiFePO4 cell. (4 cells)
(Average that I get from different sellers, more cells is lower costs)

I like to know if Heiwei can do the same, or cheaper.

Living in Thailand, that information won't help me, many buyers from USA can benefit.

Thanks and I wasn't implying you wanted him banned.

I don't know how much shipping would be to Thailand. Maybe you could contact him directly? He quoted me $4.00 per Kg DDP to the USA.

Don't know the quality of his busbars. He does include them and when I told him I would need a few extras he said fine...just to remind him. Have you looked at his thread here?

He is offering some discount to forum members. Best to contact him directly.

:)

I have 736Ah / 37.5 kWh now, not yet looking to buy Extra.
I do love round numbers and having +1000Ah / 50 kWh sounds great..
Not needed but great :)

Sometimes I help people with neogations for lower price.

4 USD DDP to USA is amazing low price!
Thailand rural areas is about $2.75 per Kg, others $2.25

Good to read this.

Not for me, many people who like to buy have the challenge of getting prices for transport.

Not all but most sellers make good profit on transport...

Not all but most sellers make good profit on transport...

Yes I have noticed. They make a big profit on the batteries too...... :p I am looking forward to placing my order. Just waiting on extra funds I will have this week. I will be ordering either 4 280ah or 8 200ah. Its for a UPS. I have been looking at inverter/chargers and have a few questions for MPP Solar before I decide. Also looked at Aims, Samlex and Xantrek.

I know I could just buy a UPS but that wouldn't be any fun. And the run time is awful on those things. I am in an apartment so not much solar for now but would love to experiment with it. I could put a panel on the deck temporarily to play. But first things first...the lovely batteries.

Just now ordered them. Hope everything works out for this newbie who just dove in deep.
I made an inquiry last night, was told Price:$77/ Quantity:16pcs

Shipping cost:$317 by Sea transportation, including customs clearance, all the tax fees and FEDEX delivery to the door. 20-30 business days.
I'm thinking of doubling that, to at least 32, maybe 52 units if there is a better price. I'll update if /when I "pull the trigger."

I made an inquiry last night, was told Price:$77/ Quantity:16pcs

Shipping cost:$317 by Sea transportation, including customs clearance, all the tax fees and FEDEX delivery to the door. 20-30 business days.
I'm thinking of doubling that, to at least 32, maybe 52 units if there is a better price. I'll update if /when I "pull the trigger."
16*5.5;kg= 88 kg, add some for boxes.
317: 88= $3.60 per KG. That is a good price.

The 77 is not.
Donguan billionaire and Haomi should be able to give you better pricing.
Other sellers as well.

I just have positive experience with both above, where Haomi sometimes replies (to) slowly.

Mentioning this forum or "Frank/ fhorst from Thailand" can help.

For 32x 280 the price should be around 73-74 USD, max.

Thanks Again fhorst! I appreciate the metrics / and calculations.
Being a total noob to Alibaba, I was concerned about risk / quality and seller credibility, so I was cautious about requesting other quotes.
I did complete my first Alibaba order last night; Shenzhen Basen Technology ("Alex Chen")
I did reference the forum as well as his reputation in our message chats.
I opted for (52) 280 ah batteries, Alex offered them at $73 USD ( $3796 total,) Bus bars, bolt... included
He calculated and charged $795 for shipping ($2.76 per kg.)
I interacted with him around 11 pm (Central US time zone.) Alex typically responded with price, questions, etc., in ~30 seconds
from my questions. He also volunteered to send pictures prior to shipping, and he told me that the manufacture date of the cells was July 11.
He asked if I wanted "insurance" and I thought for a minute or two, and said yes.
It was $91, and there was a "contract" link that I had to review and authorize.
-- My understanding is that it's the Trade Assurance offering, and my "read" on that is that I have 30 days "post delivery" to verify the product, damage, etc. I used a Visa card, paid via Alibaba link, and also incurred a 2.95% fee for the Visa.

In Summary, I have
280 Ah Per Unit Calc
52 $73 3796.00
Ship 795.00
Insurance 91.00
CC Fee *2.95% 138.12
Total: $$4820.12

I wanted to make a bigger order with senberry but was a little afraid because they are new. I had my Chinese friend contact him just to get a feel if they are ok. I did learn that he speaks zero english and does not understand why he was banned from the forum. I tried to explain but not sure if it got through to him.

I feel a little better about them after talking through my friend and might take a chance on a bigger order

I wanted to make a bigger order with senberry but was a little afraid because they are new. I had my Chinese friend contact him just to get a feel if they are ok. I did learn that he speaks zero english and does not understand why he was banned from the forum. I tried to explain but not sure if it got through to him.

I feel a little better about them after talking through my friend and might take a chance on a bigger order

I was looking at ordering from him and then he changed the total on the order without saying anything. When I asked why he raised the price he said he didn't. When I told him what the price was when he wrote up the order and put it on Alibaba for me to pay, and what the price currently showing was on Alibaba, he said he miscalculated the shipping and had to fix it. His new price with what he claimed was correct shipping was higher than I can get the same order from Billion. And then Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology beat both prices.

Back