diy solar

diy solar

Bought 16 EVE LF280 Batteries

Just now ordered them. Hope everything works out for this newbie who just dove in deep.
Well today is August 13th 2020. Surprisingly I received batteries today. More surprisingly I only received 12 of the 16 I ordered. The batteries looked new, and 4 I stuck the meter on were between 3.324 and 3.332.

Now, upon completing my order, I was soon sent a picture of 16 batteries in four boxes. Turns out these were not my batteries. The tape wasn't even in the same direction over the tops of the units. But two times today while trying to figure out what happened I'm told those were my batteries, and that it was the *forwarder* who made the mistake. Yes I've heard of this kind of thing happening before. But I gotta tell ya, this kind of thing irritates me. Trust is very important and I do not appreciate being sent some pictures that aren't even of what I purchased, and then being told that those were "my batteries", but the forwarder made the mistake. Bull. How can I trust a supplier who screws up and then just says it isn't their fault? I can't trust them if after a major error occurs in my transaction they can claim there's nothing they could have done about it. Not to mention the pictures..

Not sure what I'm going to do next but I am not pleased and I'm not satisfied waiting another month for the batteries I'm missing and being offered a whole $40 refund on my order of 16 batteries.

Any ideas about what to do next? I really don't feel like waiting another month and taking another chance.

--
Stevelk

Will they give you the name of the "fowarder".

robusmcs13 had a set of batts show up from china with several dented cells.

Seems like the norm should be order 4 extra, and factor in that to the cost of dealing directly with china. If you get damaged product, or if some dont show up, then maybe you still have enough for a 16S pack. *IF* everything goes well, you could flip the other 4 on the forums and get your money back.

Well today is August 13th 2020. Surprisingly I received batteries today. More surprisingly I only received 12 of the 16 I ordered. The batteries looked new, and 4 I stuck the meter on were between 3.324 and 3.332.

Now, upon completing my order, I was soon sent a picture of 16 batteries in four boxes. Turns out these were not my batteries. The tape wasn't even in the same direction over the tops of the units. But two times today while trying to figure out what happened I'm told those were my batteries, and that it was the *forwarder* who made the mistake. Yes I've heard of this kind of thing happening before. But I gotta tell ya, this kind of thing irritates me. Trust is very important and I do not appreciate being sent some pictures that aren't even of what I purchased, and then being told that those were "my batteries", but the forwarder made the mistake. Bull. How can I trust a supplier who screws up and then just says it isn't their fault? I can't trust them if after a major error occurs in my transaction they can claim there's nothing they could have done about it. Not to mention the pictures..

Not sure what I'm going to do next but I am not pleased and I'm not satisfied waiting another month for the batteries I'm missing and being offered a whole $40 refund on my order of 16 batteries.

Any ideas about what to do next? I really don't feel like waiting another month and taking another chance.

--
Stevelk

Sorry that happened to you. In my view this is the responsibility of the supplier. They are placing blame on the forwarder but that doesn't matter. It's still the suppliers responsibility to ensure you receive all the items you ordered. I don't know how you paid, but at this point if you paid with a credit card I would file a dispute.

Will they give you the name of the "fowarder".

robusmcs13 had a set of batts show up from china with several dented cells.

Seems like the norm should be order 4 extra, and factor in that to the cost of dealing directly with china. If you get damaged product, or if some dont show up, then maybe you still have enough for a 16S pack. *IF* everything goes well, you could flip the other 4 on the forums and get your money back.
Thanks. Sure don't want to have to do that. Especially since the plan was always to increase storage and maybe help friends/neighbors build their own systems.

Sorry that happened to you. In my view this is the responsibility of the supplier. They are placing blame on the forwarder but that doesn't matter. It's still the suppliers responsibility to ensure you receive all the items you ordered. I don't know how you paid, but at this point if you paid with a credit card I would file a dispute.
Thanks. Looking into that, but at this point not sure what is the fastest way to get my four units.

Not sure if I missed something here but, in reading this, I was under the impression that the supplier was going to send you 4 replacement sells in addition to taking refunding $40.00. Is that correct?

Ok, so even though they blamed the forwarder or carrier or divine intervention or whatever, not much more they can do if they don't have anyone here in the US with Cells to send you.
I mean, it sucks and all, but doing all they could do and a bit more by taking refunding some money sounds like decent customer service.
I am placing a large order the first part of next week, and will have extra cells on hand for anyone that ordered through me....so in the future, even if someone doesn't order from me, I will be able to ship cells to them quickly when something like this happens. If they didn't order through me, I will probably have them pay me for the shipping from me to them and ask them to have their replacement cells shipped to me....or something like that to help them out.

Ok, so even though they blamed the forwarder or carrier or divine intervention or whatever, not much more they can do if they don't have anyone here in the US with Cells to send you.
I mean, it sucks and all, but doing all they could do and a bit more by taking refunding some money sounds like decent customer service.
I am placing a large order the first part of next week, and will have extra cells on hand for anyone that ordered through me....so in the future, even if someone doesn't order from me, I will be able to ship cells to them quickly when something like this happens. If they didn't order through me, I will probably have them pay me for the shipping from me to them and ask them to have their replacement cells shipped to me....or something like that to help them out.
I guess I disagree with that.

When someone says here is a picture of your 16 batteries you just paid for and then you only get 12, and see that the picture wasn't even of the received items, and it turns out you have a 60-day wait for your items rather than a 30-day wait, that is not good. As I told him if he would have just been straight with me and said he put my order in and I should get them in 30 days, instead of sending me a picture of 16 batteries in four boxes and telling me that those were my batteries and they were on their way, I would not have become so worried. I now am unsure if I can trust him or his company.

It is also quite clear to me that 16 batteries were never meant to be sent to me. The amount that I was sent (three boxes marked 1, 2, and 3 of 3 on them), was based on some other calculation whereby they decided that some customers would (initially) get only some portion of their orders. How could it be different? I think it is unlikely he was not involved in that decision. If it wasn't his decision to make he should have told me that instead of sending me what I naturally took to be a confirmation that I had four boxes of batteries coming.

What probably is going to happen is that the four batteries I get to finish up my order will come from someone else's paid order.

It sounds to me like the forwarder may have screwed up the orders....if they are the ones that mark the boxes and such.
Who did you deal with?

Well then they are making good on the deal and there is nothing to dispute. Did you ask if they could air freight the cells? No idea what that would cost.
See my response a couple minutes ago. My dispute is that I was misled.

When someone says here is a picture of your 16 batteries you just paid for and then you only get 12, and see that the picture wasn't even of the received items, and it turns out you have a 60-day wait for your items rather than a 30-day wait, that is not good.
Halons razor - "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" it is china after all.

You paid $90 for insurance; make a claim.

For what? The supplier is sending the 4 missed cells and also refunded $40.00. While no one can prove it, it is looking like the forwarder messed up.

I’ve got 32 cells coming to the uk. I didn’t get photos of my order but now I’m hoping they all turn up undamaged at at the 280ah capacity I’ve paid for.

Always amazes me that solar power would even work in the UK.
We joked that you could always tell when it was summer in London, because the rain was nice and warm :whistle:

Always amazes me that solar power would even work in the UK.
We joked that you could always tell when it was summer in London, because the rain was nice and warm :whistle:
Good job London isn't the whole of the UK then, although I know a lot of the US folk think it is.

Back