diy solar

diy solar

Building the sickest ® VAWT ever. Brilliant minds unite please!!

after of course having removed the enamel layer at the parts where the wires are to be twisted. same goes for wago clamps btw. the enamel needs to be gone before any kind of connection is put into place

That works if the twisting provides pressure, But hardly reusable.
Can you crimp or solder in a ferrule so Wago works? Add a flying lead of multi-strand wire, like power transformers sometimes have? With ferrules for repeated use.

the enamel needs to be gone before any kind of connection is put into place

Maybe not for IDC, such as used for ribbon cable. Or maybe even wire-wrap. There was wire-wrap, slit-n-wrap, just-wrap.

I think splicing to larger flexible multi-strand wire would be best for experimenting.
My power transformers have such, and I use set-screw connectors.

It is easy for me to Monday Morning Quarterback, when I'm not the one who was supposed to drain the swamp.

A different set of eyes often helps. As does having a sounding board, which helps you think clearly.

I am at your service.

Until the men in white coats come to take me away, in a shirt with buttons up the back.

We all remember Paul Hogan's Crocodile Dundee do we?

Well I have got a similar situation in where a knife is not a knife.
In where I final found a way to stack coils that are simply mind bending ;)

So what ever coil you might have seen in the past. That was not a coil. This is a coil!! ;)

1695820812563.png

Sure the holder broke apart while getting some of the coils in but that only tells me to either increase the radius of the whole damned system (not preferred) of figure out a stronger material to 3d print with?

I forgot, who here is advanced in 3d printing?

well, he often sees things most of us do not. wether they are magnetic in nature I am not sure ;)
Let me get one thing perfectly across!! I meant that Hedges is able to help out in cases others are not. That is what I meant with him being able to see things most of us do not. I was not suggesting any mental state nor whould I ever without having a proper PHD.

Now to keep the fun in this thread alive;
f&*K THIS sH&T that bus in the video you referred to is after me!!!!!!

Somehow I have gotten on their radar ;(

Last edited:
this is how coils are made.
Any coils one has seen in the past are rendered obsolete ;)

1695913318174.png

6 x 300 winds @ 0.4mm. PLA print with 100% infill proofed to withstand the pressure of pushing in the wires.

magnets you said?

ahh I found some.

1695913888615.png

This amount of magnets. There is a rumor on fieldlines.com that 96 of them has around 1.2kw potential what ever that means.

I did ask of course the guy that said it to elaborate but he did not.

Well, now we have double!!

Back