diy solar

diy solar

Can Solar & Wind Fix Everything (e.g., Climate Change) with a battery break-through?

Lesson 1 - How not to be a dick:

Actually, venus is hotter than mercury despite being further from the sun due to the amount of CO2 in its atmosphere.

See how easy it can be to not be a dick?

It might simply be due to a communication error.

Death valley is hot because of geo location but also because there are parts of it that are below sea-level which means its baro pressure is higher and thus temp is higher.

Venus pressure at MSL (if I remember correctly) is something like 1300 psi. Crazy.....I wouldn’t say C02 is the reason for its high average temperatures.

Mercury gets hotter on its sunlit surface but colder on its unlit so the average surface temp is lower and of course it's air temp is lower because it had no atmosphere.

I think it's silly that people point to venus and says it's hot because of C02.

Murphyguy is a liberal who's hyperfocused on attacking people and what he perceives as being low intelligence. In other words anyone who's disagrees with him is stupid.

I don't see him exhibit anything other than engineering 101 level knowledge so I don't know why he acts like that.

Murphyguy is a liberal who's hyperfocused on attacking people and what he perceives as being low intelligence. In other words anyone who's disagrees with him is stupid.

I don't see him exhibit anything other than engineering 101 level knowledge so I don't know why he acts like that.
Says the guy who thinks Mercury is hotter than Venus..

What would you call someone who isn't smart enough to use google to look up such as simple and easy to find piece of information? There's only one word for that.

And I am not liberal... nor am I a conservative. In fact, I'd bet you that if you found a deeply conservative person and compared their ideology to my own, the only differences between the two of us would be socially orientated human rights.. I am distinctly liberal when it comes to the rights and liberties of others.

I'm also a constitutionalist in every way that counts...

What would you call someone who isn't smart enough to use google to look up such as simple and easy to find piece of information? There's only one word for that.

And I am not liberal... nor am I a conservative. In fact, I'd bet you that if you found a deeply conservative person and compared their ideology to my own, the only differences between the two of us would be socially orientated human rights.. I am distinctly liberal when it comes to the rights and liberties of others.

Go to bed. It's 11:30 where you live.

Last edited:

Average vs peak temp.
And the silly assertion that venus has a higher average surface temperature than venus because of c02 when mercury doesn't even have an atmosphere.

And then asserting that venus is hot because of c02 and not because it's atmospheric pressure at msl is 1300 psi is even more silly.

Pure global warming propaganda using partial truths and omission as the main tactic.

Last edited:
Average vs peak temp.
Venus has a higher peak and higher average temperature. You've lost this argument, give it up. Its a simple fact.

And the silly assertion that venus has a higher average surface temperature than venus because of c02 when mercury doesn't even have an atmosphere.
If you think that is a silly assertion then you need to go back to whatever crappy public school you came from and pay attention this time.

And then asserting that venus is hot because of c02 and not because it's atmospheric pressure at msl is 1300 psi is even more silly.
I have a tank of CO2 sitting in my garage at around 2500 psi and it is the exact same temperature as the rest of the garage... If pressure is what causes a rise in temperature, that tank should be almost twice as hot as Venus.

Pure global warming propaganda using partial truths and omission as the main tactic.
Pure ignorance and a total failure of our public school system.

Biden’s War On Mining Weakens America​

China’s efforts to ramp up lithium extraction could see it accounting for nearly a third of the world’s supply by the middle of the decade. Chinese-controlled lithium mines, including those in Africa, are expected to increase output to 705,000 tons by 2025, from 194,000 tons in 2022—almost quadrupling the amount of its global supply and lifting China’s share of the critical mineral to 32 percent of the world’s supply, up from 24 percent last year. Further, over the next two years, China’s share of cobalt production is expected to reach half of global output, up from 44 percent currently. China’s cobalt refining reached 140,000 metric tons in 2022–77 percent share of the world’s refining capacity.

396418190.jpg

If you hate America so much that you are willing to spread false information, then why do you live here? Go to Russia or something..
No Honor, No Integrity, No Moral compass.

The Biden administration says it has completed a court-ordered review that should ensure construction continues at a Nevada lithium mine, despite legal challenges brought by conservationists and tribal leaders.

Biden’s War On Mining Weakens America​

China’s efforts to ramp up lithium extraction could see it accounting for nearly a third of the world’s supply by the middle of the decade.
China's population is about 18.5% of the world population, they are also industrializing at a high rate and will loose developing nation status to developed nation status in the US. If you consider them a developed nation, you would expect them to use at least 18.5%, however that is not how the world works, the rich developed nations take a far greater share of earth's resources.

Using terms like "Biden's war on mining" is nonsense. Coal mines were failing under trump as well

And Biden is trying to increase lithium production in the US.

Stop looking at things through a party political lens all the time, the transition to EV is happening, if you want the US to lead, then produce the incentives to compete with the rest of the world.

Venus has a higher peak and higher average temperature. You've lost this argument, give it up. Its a simple fact.

If you think that is a silly assertion then you need to go back to whatever crappy public school you came from and pay attention this time.

I have a tank of CO2 sitting in my garage at around 2500 psi and it is the exact same temperature as the rest of the garage... If pressure is what causes a rise in temperature, that tank should be almost twice as hot as Venus.

Pure ignorance and a total failure of our public school system.

Oh dear. Now you're arguing that air temperature doesn't drop with altitude due to decreasing pressure (standard deviation) and thus arguing atmospheric air pressure (density) plays no role in temperature.

If venus has a higher peak temperature than venus, then why doesn't earth have higher peak temperature than the moon? (Which is made of cheese btw).

I think you're googling your way around and seeing articles that lift talking points from other articles that are global warming propaganda and do not dileneate between peak and average temperatures.

They write the article for the sole purpose of generating the talking point that

"Venus is hotter than Mercury because of C02 and that's why earth is doomed unless you pay a carbon tax."

If you hate America so much that you are willing to spread false information, then why do you live here? Go to Russia or something..
Why the personal attack?
No Honor, No Integrity, No Moral compass.
Why the personal attack?
The Biden administration says it has completed a court-ordered review that should ensure construction continues at a Nevada lithium mine, despite legal challenges brought by conservationists and tribal leaders.
What do your comments do to help this thread?

You only mentioned C02 because liberals propaganda.

Ignoring atmospheric pressure at MSL which is like something like 1300 PSI.

Ah-Ha!

Compression heat! Now we are into something I know about!

Molecular friction from compaction, insane amount of heat since temperate rises exponentially.

With really thick atmosphere, heat can't escape, so insulation blanket that's self heating from compaction.

Fire piston anyone? If you don't think just minor compression can create heat/combustion, look up survival fire piston...

For those of us that chased horsepower, or spent our lives elbow deep in something greasy, look into a diesel engine (no spark plugs) or detonation in high compression gasoline engines where the cylinder fires before the ignition lights it...

When we teach kids, I use a fire piston. Let them create fire from just compression. The kids are amazed, stupid adults are confused.

Fire, being an oxidation reaction (no oxygen, no fire) you just get heat during compression. 1,300 psi, that's over 88 earth atmospheres.

Over 2,900 feet deep in earth ocean to make that kind of pressure...

More than I want to play with...

Ah-Ha!

Compression heat! Now we are into something I know about!

Molecular friction from compaction, insane amount of heat since temperate rises exponentially.

With really thick atmosphere, heat can't escape, so insulation blanket that's self heating from compaction.

Fire piston anyone? If you don't think just minor compression can create heat/combustion, look up survival fire piston...

For those of us that chased horsepower, or spent our lives elbow deep in something greasy, look into a diesel engine (no spark plugs) or detonation in high compression gasoline engines where the cylinder fires before the ignition lights it...

When we teach kids, I use a fire piston. Let them create fire from just compression. The kids are amazed, stupid adults are confused.

Fire, being an oxidation reaction (no oxygen, no fire) you just get heat during compression. 1,300 psi, that's over 88 earth atmospheres.

Over 2,900 feet deep in earth ocean to make that kind of pressure...

More than I want to play with...

The higher pressure keeps the heat from lowering the density of the atmosphere to the same degree a lower pressure atmosphere would.

In other words, it's the same reason death valley is very hot compared to the areas in the immediate vicinity.

Oddly, they are even using compression ignition in gasoline engines now. Direct injection has allowed this.

Why the personal attack?

Why the personal attack?

What do your comments do to help this thread?
Well, it certainly wasn't your car that posted the fake information was it ?

If you don't like being called out for having a lack of honor or integrity concerning your misinformation posts, than maybe you shouldn't post..

If you don't like being called out for having a lack of honor or integrity concerning your misinformation posts, than maybe you shouldn't post..

I wonder if we can lower earth's temperature by pumping some of the atmosphere out into outer space?

That would work don't you think? Maybe make a warp tunnel to the moon and put some of our atmosphere there?

Of you click on his name, his profile will pop up and there is an ignore button at the bottom.... Just saying...
The ignore button is basically the same as an ostrich sticking its head in the sand. Anyone using it has the mentality of a child.

I'm pretty sure this is a troll since it shows a complete and total lack of basic scientific understanding...

Evolution is NATURAL adaptation to differing environments.

Why aren't there land reptiles in the arctic? Because they haven't NATURALLY mutated to have fur, internal temp regulation, etc, you know, like seals and polar bears did...

Humans have a serious flaw, a fatal flaw for billions... While we have 'Imaginations', it also means we are delusional.

See the lack of acceptance of evolution science. See 'Belief' over any given fact, like flat earth. 'Believing space aliens running the government. 'Believing' dumping sequestered carbon back into the atmosphere is neutral or a good thing...

The Constitution guarantees you can 'Believe' any delusion you come across or dream up, so have at it. What you don't have is any right to force your delusions on me (or anyone else).

Example: The idiot saying computers are a 'Gay' invention of Allen Turing and the "Devil's Invention". Thst idiot misspelled Turing, and typed it on a computer, sent it out over the internet through a series of computers... Delusional...

An example of evolution is microbes having a genetic change, developing the ability to consume NON-ORGANIC chemicals like plastics.

Now, they are no longer the same spices they started from, new subspecies, and less than about 100 years old, since humans invented plastics, since inorganic plastics they feed on didn't exist before that.

You "believe" what you want, I'm not a teacher/educator, it's not my job to fill in the gaps in your knowledge base. If you are in the U.S. people like me gave the child version of you 13 free to you years to get an education, obviously you passed...

No it was not a troll. It was tongue in cheek mostly. But the point still stands - there are a LOT of holes in the entire evolution theory, at least the way its being presented in the mainstream "science".
As for education, i think that entirely depends on what "education" actually means. If your meaning of education is 15 years of brainwashing in public school system (anywhere in the world), then you need to completely rethink everything you thought was true.

I suggest this book

China's population is about 18.5% of the world population, they are also industrializing at a high rate and will loose developing nation status to developed nation status in the US. If you consider them a developed nation, you would expect them to use at least 18.5%, however that is not how the world works, the rich developed nations take a far greater share of earth's resources.

Requires the congress and Biden to be meaningful.
Using terms like "Biden's war on mining" is nonsense. Coal mines were failing under trump as well

Thats due to Obama's restrictions prior to Trumps administration.
And Biden is trying to increase lithium production in the US.

Stop looking at things through a party political lens all the time, the transition to EV is happening, if you want the US to lead, then produce the incentives to compete with the rest of the world.
"According to data from the United States Geological Survey, the United States has a total of 750,000 tons of lithium reserves".
"Despite the United States having over 3 percent of the world's reserves, it has only one producing lithium mine with production at a modest 5,000 tons a year — less than 2 percent of the world's annual supply."
Don't quit your day job.
I guess we will agree to disagree.

Last edited:
On topic:

Manmade climate change is complete and utter scam.

First time seeing this. Very interesting. Seems we cannot trust anything from the UN, WEF, WHO, or any other globalist orgs. And I am NOT going to have my kids eat bugs! These anti human total control idiots need to be stopped.

What is happening of course is that the horrors of the collectivist Net Zero project are becoming increasingly apparent, as a widespread attack on almost all human activity is launched under the suggestion that the climate is breaking down. Until recently the ‘settled’ science promoting this view had a safe, largely uncontested space to prosper. But scepticism about the unproven hypothesis that humans operate the climate thermostat by burning fossil fuels is growing, with two recent polls showing that over 40% of people surveyed worldwide believe climate change is mainly due to natural causes. Far from coughing up the huge sums required to hit Net Zero, 4 in 10 Americans are not even prepared to pay more than two dimes a week to combat climate change.

I'm always amazed by how much pointless discussion goes on about things easily looked up on the NASA site:

Mercury: 800°F (430°C) to -290°F (-180°C) ref
Venus: 900°F (475°C) ref
Venus' thick atmosphere traps heat creating a runaway greenhouse effect – making it the hottest planet in our solar system with surface temperatures hot enough to melt lead. The greenhouse effect makes Venus roughly 700°F (390°C) hotter than it would be without a greenhouse effect. ref

...You've lost this argument, give it up. Its a simple fact....
They know it, they're just trolling you because you're easy and don't care how stupid they look.

First time seeing this.
That's because it's not the truth and reputable sources laugh at it.

... I am NOT going to have my kids eat bugs!
Most likely your kids already eat bugs.. you probably do too. Don't feel bad, when I was a kid I ate dirt (or so my sister is fond of telling me).

Bugs get into everything and get ground up with the rest of it. Pretty much all processed foods have some bug parts, frequently not even the good stuff. Fortunately, in the U.S. the FDA limits how much can be in what:
...For every ¼ cup of cornmeal, the FDA allows an average of one or more whole insects, two or more rodent hairs and 50 or more insect fragments, or one or more fragments of rodent dung. Asparagus can contain 40 or more scary-looking but teensy thrips for every ¼ pound... ref

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back