diy solar

diy solar

Can WiFi be bypassed for a Growatt ?

Externet

Good day.
Have a grid-tied Growatt MIN 6000 TL-X. Never used its dongle for reading performance reports or whatever it does as there is no WiFi nor internet provider at the inverter location.

Is there a way that dongle can talk to my smart phone directly (I know it has WiFi) , and my Android smart phone on the internet connect with the Growatt server ?
When god created the computer idiots, I was first carrying the flag. Would have to be a step by step guidance.

I found this video:

The video makes me believe the inverter connects to a Growatt server and the app gets all of the information from that server. If this is the case, it would be very difficult to use the feature without the internet.

Thanks. I do believe the same, needs internet to access their server. Am not discarding that in my original post; I just want to know if can be done with my smartphone internet; no routers ! Perhaps you missed the core of the original post ?

Inverter <----WiFi-----> Smartphone <------->Celltelephonecompany<------->Internet<------------>Growattserver

NOT: Inverter <----WiFi------>Router<------->Internetprovider<------->Internet<---------->Growattserver

The video with bad audio and not much better camera handling. Normal. Will have to watch it a dozen times taking notes to find out if that smart phone and that inverter are linked at a house WiFi or are they linked directly as am after...

Perhaps the title should say instead, "routers bypassed for Growatt"

Last edited:
Thanks. I do believe the same, needs internet to access their server. Am not discarding that in my original post; I just want to know if can be done with my smartphone internet; no routers ! Perhaps you missed the core of the original post ?
Sorry, I should have been more straightforward: It does not appear possible to access the growatt inverter without access to the internet because the system requires access to the Growatt servers.

I looked at several of the shine components, and they all seem to involve getting the Growatt inverter connected to the Growatt servers. None of them appeared to enable direct local access to the inverter data.

A super hacker might be able to mimic the Growatt server locally, but that would be a hell of a lot of work and may not even be possible.

You might want to examine this thread

Back