diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

We dont sort at rail yard. But that is where the customs house is.
Chain is .
Boat from china
In la port
Off boat onto trailer chassis.
Trailer chasis goes to customs house.
Leaves customs for either shipping company freight yard or...
Onto tran to next distribution hub

Chicago , Atlanta, rtc
Who's we? You work at a rail yard? That's about what I figured though. Some process along the way where when an item comes out it goes into final shipper's hands. It wouldn't make any sense to parse a container at a yard. Probably wouldn't even be allowable for a 3rd party.

Who's we? You work at a rail yard? That's about what I figured though. Some process along the way where when an item comes out it goes into final shipper's hands. It wouldn't make any sense to parse a container at a yard. Probably wouldn't even be allowable for a 3rd party.
Yes. Bnsf

That is tape, and I didn't put anything. What you see is how things showed up.
To me that's proof that the cells were shipped damaged. If you didn't put tape on those, somebody else knew there was a big hole in your cell and taped it.

To me that's proof that the cells were shipped damaged. If you didn't put tape on those, somebody else knew there was a big hole in your cell and taped it.
I'm not sure whats behind the Kapton tape (if thats what it is). Haven't tried pilling it off. But the supplier definitely didn't give two shits about this shipment...

I would tend to agree with you, but I live 4 hours from Chino, CA (KingSpeed) and, assuming they are being sent back due to shipper request because of wide spread damage to every order that was sent out, it would be difficult for them to have been damaged on the short couple of hops they would have had to make to get to me.

I think that what probably happened is that they were boxed and palleted in China, containerized, then pallets were broken down by KingSpeed and proxied to UPS.
I'm 30 minutes from king speed and even closer to ups distribution.

UPS would fail to exist as a company if they did this to this high of a percentage of packages. We're talking a 100% damage rate of only these packages. And, UPS, FedEx, king speed, any of the others, and different ships. The only thing in common is
Of course they were shipped damaged. Look at the shorted studs. If they shorted in the box, there would be evidence of that....burned cardboard, foam, or another cell having damage.

We can finally put this to bed....Michael sold anything but new cells from his supplier.

I highly doubt they would tape the actual cell of an unlabeled lithium battery inside of a box, then deliver it. Especially considering that they didn't use that black tape anywhere on the massive holes on the OUTSIDE of the box. I think that is the smoking gun.

Reactions: AER
I highly doubt they would tape the actual cell of an unlabeled lithium battery inside of a box, then deliver it.
Where are you seeing that? I see a taped up box and one battery with something stuck to it, but it does not look like tape

Where are you seeing that? I see a taped up box and one battery with something stuck to it, but it does not look like tape
post 393, pieces of black tape on the side toward the top of the battery, same cell with broken off post. The cell also has a lot of side damage....like it spent the day being dragged through the streets of town.

In @erarnund 's post on the last page. There is some black tape stuck to literal holes on the cell. He said that they came like that.

I believe the supplier is going to take care of this situation but not sure yet if that will be via refund or replacements.
I will be messaging everyone that bought has an order that I placed with that supplier as they want a specific number of cells involved.
I am still trying to get them to commit to just what the resolution will be before giving them that number but I want to start compiling it.
@Michael B Caro

*Are you still compiling this list?

*You said you were going to start messaging people that bought cells from you but I never received a message from you.

*What resolution has your supplier agreed to?

*Can we get a FIRM commitment from you to provide updates every other day?

Your absence and lack of communication leads me to believe you are either:

1. Not expecting a resolution.
2. Following advice.of legal counsel.
3. Biding time and protecting assets behind the scenes.

I truly hope that I am wrong...but your obvious absence says otherwise. I think I speak for all of us when I say, I greatly anticipate your response and commitment to all of us.

Thanks,
One of your many customers.

Please see this post:

As a reminder, please do not post anything in the thread other than an occasional "bump" to keep the thread at or near the top.

All order information should be kept confidential through a PM to me rather than published to the world wide web.

Thanks

At this point, after reading all the negative posts about lack of communication. Wondering if I should start getting a refund from my credit card company. Paid thru, Goods and services.

Back