diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271ah, EVE 280ah or Lishen 272???

Pidjey

Hei guys,

I am planning to mount a ~280ah 24V battery but I am getting crazy choosing the cells.

I have been quoted with the three of the tittle CATL 271ah, EVE 280ah and Lishen 272 but I am not able to decide which one to choose. I have read dozens of posts here and I have learnt that none o them are failproof. Some of the fail, some of them capacity is under the advertised.....

I think I will stop reading more threads and I will trust in your recommendation.

I would also appreciate if you can recommend me an alibaba seller. I know that discussion is also open.

Best regards,
Thank you!!!!

Hey, I just ordered batteries from Amy 16 of the 272AH Lishen. Based on the feedback in the forum she has a good reputation and the EVE cells seem to be hard to find at the moment. No idea if I did the right thing, time will tell I guess. :)

Thanks for your answer.

I think I will go with lishen 272ah also.
I would appreciate more opinions with people with experience here.

Thank you!

Again a PLUG for Amy @ Luyuan
Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co., Ltd. - Lifepo4 battery, LTO battery (alibaba.com)

TIP - Ahead of it being posted to her site.
You can get STUDS welded to some of the cells (brands) for a small additional cost. The new generation EVE's can have welded studs too. *
You can get Matched & Binned cells too BUT it is NOT CHEAP ! you can figure on $40-$50 per cell extra. *
There is LEAD TIME to get that done on top of the normal time. But if you can get it scheduled nicely it may not slow down an order... timing is the trick.

Thanks for your answer.

I think I will go with lishen 272ah also.
I would appreciate more opinions with people with experience here.

Thank you!
I would also suggest @Michael B Caro especially if you live in the USA. He has a group buy going on for the Lishen cells. Plug for Michael...lol.

I would also suggest @Michael B Caro especially if you live in the USA. He has a group buy going on for the Lishen cells. Plug for Michael...lol.
Thanks Gazzoo.

I have a supplier that can add the studs as well, for a price and extra time....but I also have a supplier I am just starting to use that has the Lishen Cells with the stud only, and there is no extra charge or time involved when ordering them from this new supplier.

Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co., Ltd. - Lifepo4 battery, LTO battery (alibaba.com)

You can get STUDS welded to some of the cells (brands) for a small additional cost. The new generation EVE's can have welded studs too. *
I certainly can see this being very helpful to keep from stripping out the connections, a very welcome change in my opinion.
You can get Matched & Binned cells too BUT it is NOT CHEAP ! you can figure on $40-$50 per cell extra. *
This could be well worth the money to many people. Any future orders that I make will at least include extra cells so that I can attempt to do something similar on my own. Since I am going with 24v batteries, I figure ordering 9 cells means you can save the weakest cell as a spare. I can also see people wanting to spend extra and have someone else do the testing and matching. Smart value added business move, since it takes investment in equipment and lots of patience to do it yourself.
There is LEAD TIME to get that done on top of the normal time. But if you can get it scheduled nicely it may not slow down an order... timing is the trick.
Yes, I can see it taking extra time, but you will be waiting a month or more for reasonable shipping costs, what's another week?

Thanks Gazzoo.

I have a supplier that can add the studs as well, for a price and extra time....but I also have a supplier I am just starting to use that has the Lishen Cells with the stud only, and there is no extra charge or time involved when ordering them from this new supplier.
That's good to know. I haven't heard anything about the new generation of EVE's stud option. But from what I have seen the pricing is for Lishens is better than the EVE's, and Lishens coming with studs already installed for the same price as a non studded Lishen sweetens the deal.

Hi Steve,

Could I ask what is the new generation of EVE? there will be a new version? When will this happend?

Thank you @Gazoo and @Michael B Caro. I had seen you post Michael but unluckily I am from Europe.

I was nearly decided with Lishen as I have seen that EVE show missmatch in capacitance but with this new generation of EVE maybe it makes sense going with EVE.

There are TWO different sets coming in from my understanding.
1st will be Grade-A Voltage Matched but NOT fully Matched & Binned into sets. "Bulk Commodity Cells". which will be a lower price option.
2nd will be Grade-A but Properly Matched & Binned into sets of 4,8 or 16 cells. These of course will me more costly.
Amy spent MANY hours negotiating with EVE, CATL, Lishen directly and visiting the factories & facilities, she will not be using "brokers" anymore. She explains this mostly in her thread.

Wow @Steve_S, that looks very promising, do you recommend me to wait until there is EVE stock right? I think for the price, being Grade A is good enough.

Thank you

Waiting or not is up to you. The Chinese New Year is coming up as is the Holiday which essentially shuts everything down for a month. Chinese New Year starts on February 12, 2021. So whatever you order, you want it ON THE BOAT no later than ! There WILL BE a price difference between the Bulk Cells and the Matched Ones obviously. Bulk ones can be a PITA and can result in not getting the most out of a battery pack.

Chinese New Year 2021: Avoid Problems With Your Factory (insight-quality.com)

Waiting or not is up to you. The Chinese New Year is coming up as is the Holiday which essentially shuts everything down for a month. Chinese New Year starts on February 12, 2021. So whatever you order, you want it ON THE BOAT no later than ! There WILL BE a price difference between the Bulk Cells and the Matched Ones obviously. Bulk ones can be a PITA and can result in not getting the most out of a battery pack.

Chinese New Year 2021: Avoid Problems With Your Factory (insight-quality.com)
Amy lists $91.50 for eve 280ah cells

Hi, tell me please what to choose?
EVE 280Ah:$86.46/pcs
Lishen 272Ah:$76.8/pcs
ETC 277Ah :$70/pcs
ETC is it CALB or not?

Amy lists $91.50 for eve 280ah cells
Just to clarify, Amy explained these are the older fabrication EVE cells, not the AN(?), and the "new" version described as 280AH are closer to $118. Lishen 272 are significantly less. The newer ones are "fully matched" with a global warranty, studs (if requested) and certificates. Not completely clear on what fully matched means.

Last edited:
Hi, tell me please what to choose?
EVE 280Ah:$86.46/pcs
Lishen 272Ah:$76.8/pcs
ETC 277Ah :$70/pcs
ETC is it CALB or not?
If it were me, I'd get the Lishen with studs. But the choice is obviously yours, not mine.
The Lishen seem to be a better value than the Eve, and I can tell you that properly done studs are a good thing.

If it were me, I'd get the Lishen with studs. But the choice is obviously yours, not mine.
The Lishen seem to be a better value than the Eve, and I can tell you that properly done studs are a good thing.
I can provide Lishen 272ah cells with studs (your choice of threaded M6 or threaded M8 studs) with no extra charge and no added delay before shipping. Very secure packaging.
Anyone interested just start a conversation with me and let me know how many your are looking for and I will get you a quote.

Most of the Lishen I have seen here in the forum are 272ah rated and >272ah mesured (273ah, 275ah....)

Normal EVE I see here are 280ah rated and <280ah mesured (278ah, 276ah...)

New EVE should be better quality but they are quoted 118$
Lishen are quoted 76$

Maybe I am wrong but new EVE looks same quality as Lishen but 40$ more expensive

Back