diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271ah, EVE 280ah or Lishen 272???

There are TWO different sets coming in from my understanding.
1st will be Grade-A Voltage Matched but NOT fully Matched & Binned into sets. "Bulk Commodity Cells". which will be a lower price option.
2nd will be Grade-A but Properly Matched & Binned into sets of 4,8 or 16 cells. These of course will me more costly.
Amy spent MANY hours negotiating with EVE, CATL, Lishen directly and visiting the factories & facilities, she will not be using "brokers" anymore. She explains this mostly in her thread.

So all these discussions of Basen (and others ?) wrapping cells and mixing possibly vendors and the odd dented cells are being to make some sense why these are so cheap relative to others.

But as for Grade A but not fully matched & binned.. What are they matching for ? Capacity within X % ? Internal impedance ? Other ?
and what does Matched but not binned mean ?

and 3rdly whats the primary impact of 'non matched' cells. If they are of differing capacity by more than X % I can see that effectively lowers the set capacity to the lowest capacity cell. If thats up to 5% lower I might live with it for a price .. but if its more impactful than that (eg discharge or charge current more than 50% lower) that would be a problem..

So all these discussions of Basen (and others ?) wrapping cells and mixing possibly vendors and the odd dented cells are being to make some sense why these are so cheap relative to others.

But as for Grade A but not fully matched & binned.. What are they matching for ? Capacity within X % ? Internal impedance ? Other ?
and what does Matched but not binned mean ?

and 3rdly whats the primary impact of 'non matched' cells. If they are of differing capacity by more than X % I can see that effectively lowers the set capacity to the lowest capacity cell. If thats up to 5% lower I might live with it for a price .. but if its more impactful than that (eg discharge or charge current more than 50% lower) that would be a problem..
See the link in my signature on ESS Cells.

I can provide Lishen 272ah cells with studs (your choice of threaded M6 or threaded M8 studs) with no extra charge and no added delay before shipping. Very secure packaging.
Anyone interested just start a conversation with me and let me know how many your are looking for and I will get you a quote.
@Michael B Caro, kindly reply my request for a quote. Thank you.

Back