diy solar

diy solar

Cell prices coming down

I think that was just shipping not including cells

I did see 4 105 cells were only 28 for shipping to NH, seems like a decent deal.
Yeah. Damn. Didn’t have my coffee when I replied.
Do you think SOK or EG4 batteries willl drop their prices since the cells are cheape?. I see sales but don’t seem in line with cell prices.

My only guess is they have different purchasing powers and are trying to hold on too higher margins until someone starts a price war.

$952 freight for 64 cells shipped to my door on UPS.
If I pull the trigger it would be for several pallets to get lower per-cell pricing and justify sending a truck over to pick them up. Driving from here and back would be a long day, but I roughly calculate a transport cost of under $2 per cell for the quantity I’m thinking about.

My only guess is they have different purchasing powers and are trying to hold on too higher margins until someone starts a price war.
Thanks. Well trying decide what to do. Think I’m going to just order smaller cell sizes to have some redundancy. 3 105ah cell packs vs 1 304ah pack.

Guys,

Is this a bad time to buy I'm already seeing prices drop for items that have not even shipped, I purchased a pallet of 48 cells form Sun Fun Kits and it was $5816.00 with 3 of the Pace 200, now it has already fallen down to $5681

Also can anyone tell me about the REPT 280 cells these are just $4700 for 48 of them with shipping?

How come whenever I check Sun Fun Kits, the cells are never in stock in the US for the 280K V3?

It seems they want you to order so they don't have cells shipped over and be stuck on price.

How come whenever I check Sun Fun Kits, the cells are never in stock in the US for the 280K V3?

It seems they want you to order so they don't have cells shipped over and be stuck on price.
If I were in the business of selling LiFePO4 batteries or cells now, I would certainly not want to have much of anything in inventory right now.

If I were in the business of selling LiFePO4 batteries or cells now, I would certainly not want to have much of anything in inventory right now.
That is why they don't have stock. If they thought prices were going up, they would have stock on hand in the US.

I don't need more cells yet, but will in next 6 months.

Yeah prices probably too risky to stock up, for a while ezeal was out of stock on everything they just got cells in. Also SFK is about the same as 18650 when in the USA warehouse as you have to pay shipping or drive up there and pick up them, maybe $2.00 cheaper/cell as they give the fiberglass sheets. I suppose they figured out the absolute cheapest option is to drop ship from China based on prices but you have to buy 96 cells; that is out of reach for like 99% of the people. Perhaps an option if you are a shop or planning on reselling them or a baller like @Spunky...

BUT I think its having a cascading affect on other sellers as 18650 and Batteryhookup both lowered prices so actually I think a price war is going on on right now, enjoy the deals while you can when someone backs out of it they will go back up again.

As for the Eg4 & Soks... Yeah those are upside down right now price wise based on current market conditions, only really required if you have to get it signed off by a utility / city.

I'm hoping SFK will carry the REPT 320 cells eventually seems to be the best cell, 10,000 cycle life & 335AH capacity, they claimed it to be $95.00/cell

My original plan was to just go with the 304 cells from 18650batterystore.com as I could get what I wanted to have built during the winter break but they don't have the BMS units. I wish they had stocked the pace style BMS units, I think the BMS combo + cells is appealing as you have a one stop shop for everything.

My order is supposed to ship out January 7th and then about a 30 day shipping wait + 2 weeks to deliver⏳

So what is driving the continuing race to the bottom of LFP cell prices? I’m seeing under $100 per 280Ah cell “grade A” (if you believe that dubious term). Is it really the sodium cells coming into the supply chain taking a chunk out of demand?

I could be tempted to get 8 more cells, not that I feel like I need them, but if the prices are so much lower now maybe it’s rude not to? :giggle:

Probably oversupply or car manufactures making their own cells so companies are lowering prices to move product. Yeah its hard to time right, may even go other direction if lithium shortage happens again.

So what is driving the continuing race to the bottom of LFP cell prices? I’m seeing under $100 per 280Ah cell “grade A” (if you believe that dubious term). Is it really the sodium cells coming into the supply chain taking a chunk out of demand?

Inflation, high interest rates, people consuming less --> oversupply --> lower prices.

And yes, I do believe sodium ion is having an impact as well + more competition in general.

Have you seen what the price of lithium has done in the last year or so?

Lithium carbonate prices were below CNY 97,500 per tonne in January, the lowest since August 2021, and sinking over 80% in the last 12 months amid increasing oversupply. Electric vehicle sales pessimism in China limited lithium demand for battery manufacturers in their typical restocking season. Instead, firms took advantage of high inventories following the supply glut caused by extensive subsidies from the Chinese government throughout 2021 and 2022. The developments drove key market players to forecast the next lithium deficit to return only in 2028, an aggressive twist from speculations of persistent shortfalls that took lithium prices to CNY 600,000 in November 2022. Previous investments in increasing supply may drive global carbonate equivalent supply to jump by 40% in 2024, according to UBS, deepening the ongoing surplus.

Not sure if it is related or if my memory is accurate but a few weeks ago I read that slightly older E Vehicles are changing out the batteries and that is flooding the battery storage market for other applications, as the cells are not good enough for EV's but more than good enough for other storage uses, maybe like those in these forums? And maybe if recycled, making more lithium etc available?

Well when you have electric cars thinking they are a rocket then I would guess the demand would drop:

Wow I have never seen anything like that! That was a total Blast Off!:eek:
That was wild! I can only think of lack of pressure burst valves in the battery pack. Cells started burning and gas pressure buldup caused pack to explode.

Have you seen what the price of lithium has done in the last year or so?

Lithium carbonate prices were below CNY 97,500 per tonne in January, the lowest since August 2021, and sinking over 80% in the last 12 months amid increasing oversupply. Electric vehicle sales pessimism in China limited lithium demand for battery manufacturers in their typical restocking season. Instead, firms took advantage of high inventories following the supply glut caused by extensive subsidies from the Chinese government throughout 2021 and 2022. The developments drove key market players to forecast the next lithium deficit to return only in 2028, an aggressive twist from speculations of persistent shortfalls that took lithium prices to CNY 600,000 in November 2022. Previous investments in increasing supply may drive global carbonate equivalent supply to jump by 40% in 2024, according to UBS, deepening the ongoing surplus.

My reading of that, if it’s the primary factor driving the price reductions, is that cell prices will continue to fall at least this year and next. I’ll wait to buy my 8 more cells and hope to spend $75/cell or less!

diy solar

diy solar
Back