diy solar

diy solar

Cell prices coming down

What needs to happen is energy producers need to get together and buy from CATL as a single large entity and maybe then they will deal. I hear CATL wants a million cell contract or some ridiculously high number.

Yeah man EU taxes are nuts, but at least ya'll have health care...
And then some....

Did 18650 have anything in stock? Their online stock seems a bit sparse.

Seen in this or another thread about the EVE 3.2v 280ah cells not being packaged properly when the laser attached double terminals are shipped. Just was going over shipping list for my 16 cells and they are shipping in eight separate boxes. Previous orders had four cells per box 280ah. Maybe some vendors are making corrections.
Package details
WEIGHT25.3 lbs / 11.48 kgs
TOTAL PIECES8
TOTAL SHIPMENT WEIGHT202.4 lbs / 91.81 kgs
PACKAGINGPackage

Last edited:
If ordered by crate that’s where the issue arises, I forget how many cells per crate but minimal vertical support except for terminals.

So if the cells are placed in proper packaging before spending time in a crate I think you should be fine.

so we just need to organize a diysolarforum group buy
Ha. I’ve actually toyed with the idea of purchasing a 20-foot container full of cells directly from EVE, using what I need, and offering the remaining bulk of them to members here and/or on eBay. But it would be a PITA and I’m not keen on plunking down 200 grand up front without reasonable assurance of recouping it quickly and turning a small profit for the effort and risk. Prolly wiser to just buy what I need at retail from the established players and let them make their profit. Besides, wasn’t there a “group buy” on this forum a few years ago that went horribly wrong?

Yes there was a group buy that went bad. Will not explain any more but a lot of members were on the wrong end in the end. Reason for current policies.

Yes there was a group buy that went bad. Will not explain any more but a lot of members were on the wrong end in the end. Reason for current policies.
I feel for those involved but as someone sitting on the outside looking in it was almost a comedy of errors that had me scratching my head and what these customers thought that had for recourse.

I've just ordered Grade A (HSEV) Gotion 340ah from Gobelpower, which worked out only a bit more than EVE 304's from Luyuan, but almost an extra 3kWh for 24 cells, If i wanted 304's I would have got them from Luyuan though.
It worked out $128 per cell, DDP shipping was $400 to the UK, and after fees / exchange rates £2,940 / $3,744

But another supplier is claiming that the latest EVE LF280K have a capacity of 310ah on average!?

He shared the test report, and packaging:

EVE-280-K-capacity.png

1.png

I checked the QR checker, and only the date for B cells shows up!? He's adamant that they're EVE grade A not rewrapped LF304's, does it make sense EVE would make an LF280K with the same capacity as the 304!?

But another supplier is claiming that the latest EVE LF280K have a capacity of 310ah on average!?
If it sounds too good to be true...??? Capacity tests from current customers can verify this claim if true...

If it sounds too good to be true...??? Capacity tests from current customers can verify this claim if true...

That's what I thought! I've asked on another UK based forum where people have bought cells from this supplier (Think banned here? Deriy) but not sure if they are these claimed ones, I flagged a photo of a QR code that looked dodgy from the seller, but I'm not sure anyone has checked properly or can do proper testing. They seem happy enough though so far! I wanted to see the thoughts from here though, where there's quite a few knowledgeable people before jumping the gun.

Ha. I’ve actually toyed with the idea of purchasing a 20-foot container full of cells directly from EVE, using what I need, and offering the remaining bulk of them to members here and/or on eBay. But it would be a PITA and I’m not keen on plunking down 200 grand up front without reasonable assurance of recouping it quickly and turning a small profit for the effort and risk. Prolly wiser to just buy what I need at retail from the established players and let them make their profit. Besides, wasn’t there a “group buy” on this forum a few years ago that went horribly wrong?
Yeah, that didn't go so well the last time a group buy was done..
Am I the only one who remembers the Michael caro drama ?

diy solar

diy solar
Back