diy solar

diy solar

Chargery BMS News / Update (July-27-2020)

Another factor I forgot to mention .... In a situation with more than 1 charge source. Shore power, Dc-Dc, and solar .... The BMS will be able to shut off all charge sources at the same time. It would be kind of a nightmare to try to do that any other way.
It will be the same with the loads since there are multiple DC loads with the inverter being only 1 of them.

The DCC's have completed CE Testing and are being produced. As I understand it, they will be available beginning the week of August 10. I am uncertain of the pricing for the different models as well. These are far more advanced for the application, can be used in Common/Separate Port modes, have a precharge circuit as well as delay board functionality.

The LieChuang Relays posted about there are UNI-Directional, they would serve only in a Separate Port configuration and not common port. For common port ou would require two Bi-Directional SRRS and they are more expensive. The Chargery DCC's I believe actually cost less than two of those SSR's (the bi-di would be roughly 50% more if memory serves).

You can contact Jason directly by E-Mail and inquire as to cost + S&H. They do take PayPal (small fee for it) as well if you wish to use PP.

BTW: I will be changing my 4 BMS8T's over to using the new DCC's so they are all uniformly configured.

All contact Jason he will quote you and send invoice. I ordered last week the DCC-300 and new shunt for my project from him. Also before the Chargery announcement of the DCC's I had bought some of these that I will not be using now. DHV200.jpg

Hello Everyone, I placed my order yesterday for the BMS8T with 300A shunts, and the 200A DCC. $120USD for BMS8T and Shunt. $65USD for the DCC. I ordered a set 3, shipping was $75 to Ga USA, PayPal fee $31.5. Jason said 7-10 lead time before it ships.

The new packaging is just being finished up and the final testing for CE certification is done. Everything should be ready to ship mid-late next week (Week of August 10).

For the curious:
DCC-100HB 45 USD
DCC-200HB 65 USD
DCC-300HB 85 USD
DCC-600HB 175 USD

Hello Everyone, I placed my order yesterday for the BMS8T with 300A shunts, and the 200A DCC. $120USD for BMS8T and Shunt. $65USD for the DCC. I ordered a set 3, shipping was $75 to Ga USA, PayPal fee $31.5. Jason said 7-10 lead time before it ships.

Keep us posted!

I just recieved a 16T from @Craig and looking forward to hooking it up. Hopefully the new ones will come with longer length of ribbon cable for connecting to cells as 600mm (length I recieved) is really not long enough for a larger 48V bank. Not a big deal but inconvenient to have to extend all those little wires in order to hook things up.

DCC Contactor Manual DRAFT attached as PDF.
Hopefully, this will answer some questions and queries on the new DCC's in general.

The standard Chargery BMS*T Manuals are also getting a slight update, they will not change substantially, just some more clarification and FAQ type stuff that has popped up.

Draft updated with small corrections: 8/7/2020, 13:00 EST.

Attachments

• Chargery DCC contactor manual V1.0 DRAFT.pdf
    998.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
@Steve_S Will you consider taking another look at the section in the manual about SOC ? I read that about 4 times and still come away confused about what the procedure should be. I updated the software when the battery was about midrange. I expected the Chargery to go to 100% SOC when the high voltage cutoff was reached, but it didn't. When I fully discharged the battery all the values did set to zero, but SOC, AH and WH didn't track back up when I re-charged it.

I went back and set defaults and started over and think it is working now, but not sure what I did different than the first time. If the battery starts out in the middle of the charge range when starting out, should the pack be fully charged first or fully discharged?

All the time and information you are providing is greatly appreciated.

@Bob B Yes, the SOC description is something Jason and I are trying to clarify and there has been a lot of exchange because TBH the darned translator SUX ! I was working with original translated stuff and simply put, sh*t got a tad muddled. Part of it was because I got confused as to what was the intent of the translated material and some of the way the terminology came out was a bit off.

I guess the manuals will be Version 4.01a "The clarity edition" LMAO and hopefully the end of the bigger stuff.

Thats a good setup is this all going in your van? I see you are in GA not to far from me up in SC. I really hope to get a Van sometime soon and start building it out.

Thats a good setup is this all going in your van? I see you are in GA not to far from me up in SC. I really hope to get a Van sometime soon and start building it out.
Hi Tim, yes I’m planning 3 separate 24V 280Ah 8S batteries in parallel, each with its own BMS8T going in my Van.

Hi Tim, yes I’m planning 3 separate 24V 280Ah 8S batteries in parallel, each with its own BMS8T going in my Van.
So awesome!! I have been van looking for awhile and passed one up in Clemson early this year. I'm also not fully ready I need to sale one of my other cars really first. Do you have a van build photos anywhere?

I'm still having some odd things with the AH tracking on my pack.

The pack is a 2P4S 380 AH pack. I have set the Batttery Capacity setting on the Chargery to 360 AH and Battery Power to 4750. I set it a little less than actual since I have reduced the range somewhat.

What is odd is that the % charge is tracking pretty closely to another shunt type monitor I have in series temporarily ... The Watt Hours remaining is also pretty close ..... but ... the AH remaining is significantly off. At full charge the display did show 100% 360 AH. Forgot to get a picture of that. The current being displayed during discharge is also very close to the other monitor .... but the other monitor is tracking the AH correctly.

I have attached a couple of photos to show what I am talking about. Not too big a deal since I am probably not going to be using the Chargery as my primary monitor.

AH_VS_PCT_1.jpg
The % and WH are pretty close to my other monitor. The AH should be displaying more like 175

Settings.jpg
This is with the version 4.0 in the BMS and 4.01 for the display.

360AH X 12V = 4320Wh
Well .... I figured the average voltage would be more like 13 .... so I used that number.

I'm not concerned with the WH calculation, it seems to be correct. It is the AH number that is not tracking.

50% charge and 205 AH would be a 410 AH pack. I have the battery capacity set to 360 AH.

Does anyone have any updates on the new DCC? I ordered one last week but shipment was held off as the DCC needed to be tested and fixed per Jason.

Looking forward to it's simplicity and capabilities.

Back