diy solar

diy solar

Cheapest 48v 50ah battery I've found so far. $409.99 free shipping

I second that, the Eco-Worthy and DC House batteries at our cabin have also been working great.

Memorial weekend Code puts this at $384.
10 kWh for $1075 shipped* is pretty amazing if they're any good! I just spent that on a 5 kWh Vatrer battery.

* $1920 * .8 (Coupon) * .7 (Fed Tax Credit) = $1075 in a Tax-free state like Oregon.

4x 50 Ah in parallel.

Do you find specs for charge and discharge current? (need to leave margin since may not split evenly.)

Eco-Worthy's listing for their version of this battery (I believe they are identical) lists:
* 50A max continuous discharge
* 200A peak discharge
* 25A standard charge current
* 50A max continuous charge
* 200A +/-30A charge overcurrent protection cutoff

OK, need to consider inverter efficiency but not 25% nuisance trip margin of thermal OCP.
That comes to about 9kW for 4x batteries.
How much imbalance? make it 8kW.
12% ripple factor driving sine wave about 7kW continuous AC load.

Efficiency drops maybe another 10% for poor PF loads. If you had 7kW of LED, would be an issue. If big loads are resistance heaters, not a problem. Motors, need to consider what their PF is.

(lead-acid was so simple. Fat, Dumb, and Happy.)
Do the cells actually care that much close to 1C? I think that is a common spec. So maybe heftier BMS avoids trips but stresses cells.

10 kWh for $1075 shipped* is pretty amazing if they're any good! I just spent that on a 5 kWh Vatrer battery.

* $1920 * .8 (Coupon) * .7 (Fed Tax Credit) = $1075 in a Tax-free state like Oregon.
The Vatrer does give you access to cell voltages and pseudo soc on the display. I paid $885 for a gokw 5kwh rack mount with comms no idea when it's coming from China. They have a 14kWh for less than $2k.

Eco-Worthy's listing for their version of this battery (I believe they are identical) lists:
* 50A max continuous discharge
* 200A peak discharge
* 25A standard charge current

+/- 1A

* 50A max continuous charge

+/-5A

* 200A +/-30A charge overcurrent protection cutoff

The margin might take care of imbalance. Might.

What is the significance of "standard" vs. "max continuous"?
Maybe impact on performance, operating temperature, of life specs?

+/- 1A

+/-5A

The margin might take care of imbalance. Might.

What is the significance of "standard" vs. "max continuous"?
Maybe impact on performance, operating temperature, of life specs?
I'm not sure on the continuous vs max stuff. All of the batteries seem to show that now.

Even my Chins batteries show something similar.

I take it as you can do standard all day long with no heat build up and the max is pushing it and makes heat.

I try to keep mine around the standard by having enough batteries in parallel.

That said I never go less than 100 ah for each battery.

Fora small battery on a small simple system this battery is hard to beat. If going over 10kwh of battery power there are better options.

Great deal on these and I agree I don't think I would set up a whole rack system of these since they're dumb (no communication) but for a cheap, budget, small capacity system you can't get it any cheaper and easier than paralleling two of these together paired with an AIO unit.

Back