diy solar

diy solar

Connect battery to bus bar

pepo1

Utter noob here. Been watching too many videos and my head is spinning. Rather than connect my inverter directly to a 12V battery (with a fuse in between), can I connect the battery to a positive bus bar and then connect my inverter to the same bus bar? If so, what size fuse would I need between the battery and the bus bar? Basically, I'm trying to keep everything as tidy as possible by having all negatives and positive wires going to their respective bus bar.

Rather than connect my inverter directly to a 12V battery (with a fuse in between), can I connect the battery to a positive bus bar and then connect my inverter to the same bus bar?
That's what many people do. Each component goes to the bus bars, not directly to the battery.

If so, what size fuse would I need between the battery and the bus bar?
The fuse should be the correct size for the wire. The wire should first be chosen based on the max amps that will ever be pulled from the battery at any given moment. Until you post details about everything that will be connected, indirectly, to the battery, no one can give you a specific size of wire and fuse.

Besides the fuse between the battery and bus bar you will want individual fuses between each component and the bus bar.

Back