diy solar

diy solar

Crazy Car stereo guys!

Craig

Watts are Watts!
Staff member
So I have been talking to these car stereo guys who buy my LTO batteries. This one guy needs 18Kw of power for his system. I have no clue how he is going to move that much power but It will use 24 40AH LTO cells.

I was thinking about another post in which a guy mentioned the average winter usage for a 500 Sqft studio is only 20kw per day these stereo guys will use that much in 8 minutes. Just to put it in perspective.

Hope he isn't too close to a seismograph

Reactions: Dzl
If you really want to get thrown for a loop, talk to the guys who do competition level hydraulics on their cars/trucks. That whole subculture is based off overdriving equipment with massive battery banks and undersized wires.

So I have been talking to these car stereo guys who buy my LTO batteries. This one guy needs 18Kw of power for his system. I have no clue how he is going to move that much power but It will use 24 40AH LTO cells.

I was thinking about another post in which a guy mentioned the average winter usage for a 500 Sqft studio is only 20kw per day these stereo guys will use that much in 8 minutes. Just to put it in perspective.

Hope he isn't too close to a seismograph
What voltage are the cells? 18,000/40/24=18.75... what am I doing wrong?

The cells are 2.3 nominal but have a 10c discharge rate so it actually 4p6s. 160Ah at 12volts x 10c pack could theoretically put out 19kw
How's he gonna charge that thing?? Makes me wonder if it's possible to capture some of that immense sonic energy to put back in his cells. Regenerative audio?? All these guys will be deaf soon anyway and won't need those batteries anymore. They'll only need one of these.

How's he gonna charge that thing?? Makes me wonder if it's possible to capture some of that immense sonic energy to put back in his cells. Regenerative audio?? All these guys will be deaf soon anyway and won't need those batteries anymore. They'll only need one of these.
LOL I told him when he fires up his system in Hawaii that I would be able to hear it in California.
I honestly dont know but figure they must have like 3 alternators and some 1 inch cable to move all those watts through.

Back