diy solar

diy solar

Deye 8K suddenly not pulling power from panels

SuperShort

I was working on a new battery pack today and messing with charge voltages to attempt top charge with close to balanced batteries. At one point I switched back to old bank to work on new one in isolation. Awhile later, I see switched back. I did this by throwing breaker on each bank. The last switch, the inverter wouldn't send power to battery so I rebooted, and that fixed that problem but I noticed it was no longer getting PV watts. It saw full 398V but only pulled 0-6W from array. I rebooted several times but didn't fix it.

I've also done a few updates through solarman and sometimes it throws a server error but usually works after a new read.

Do I need to do a factory reset? Is there something on this inverter that would cause the MPPT to stop tracking power?

PS. It has Tigo ts4 optimizers on the panels, but they've been working fairly well for several months.

Thanks, Mike

I'm using voltage mode on the batteries right now. EG4-LL on the two existing and the new is a build with EVE 280ah and JBD bms.
The batteries seem to be working fine, I just can't figure out why the MPPT isn't pulling power from the panels. Grid and load all appears fine as well.

It should be pulling several KW right now.
Screenshot_20230729-174434.png

Yes batteries are charged. But I've run this inverter without any batteries before as well.
Regardless of batteries, wouldn't it pull power and sell excess? I have sell enabled.
The charge % was off earlier, which seems odd because I thought it used volts to estimate rather than amp charge/discharging.

Screenshot_20230729-175025.png

Last edited:
You can see it was working fine, then all of a sudden it dropped to near zero.
I also tried rebooting the tigos but didn't help.
Screenshot_20230729-175258.png

Last edited:
Ok, I had battery set to a high voltage in TOU menu to force an equalization.

Once I dropped it back down again, it started pulling both battery power and solar power.

Perhaps having a really high voltage value in TOU menu caused this issue. I may experiment more later, but its working for now.

Screenshot_20230729-183847.png

I was trying for 3.56v per cell for a top balance, so you are correct I guess it wasn't equalization.
I was using the individual cell resister and charge approach to get them close quickly. Seemed to actually work since I think they were somewhat close from factory.

Screenshot_20230730-164516.png
59.3 grid low
Voltage out 120/240

I did another test today and set TOU at 57v min,l and it worked, so that wasn't the problem.

At one point yesterday, I fat fingered 560v instead of 56v. The UI gave me an error and I thought I fixed it, but perhaps that caused a DC bus shutdown, but reboots didn't fix it. I'm stumped what actually caused it as there were no errors or alerts anywhere.

Back